Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this the worst MMO launch of 2012?

Comments

• NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790
    Originally posted by Praetalus

So this is what pisses me right off. When TOR or TSW has a "head start" and has issues, people say that it's actually a failed launch, as early access is basically a staggered opening. When gw2, does it, they defend it saying that it's not a launch...  so no one should be bitching... gotta love double standards. 

Welcome to GW2 forums.

Bite Me

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    Originally posted by Istavaan

So this is what pisses me right off. When TOR or TSW has a "head start" and has issues, people say that it's actually a failed launch, as early access is basically a staggered opening. When gw2, does it, they defend it saying that it's not a launch...  so no one should be bitching... gotta love double standards. 

Because guild wars 2 is a good game and the other two are rubbish, in my opinion, plus you are missing out on no game time because there is no sub.

hahahaha, thanks. Now I get it. 

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Originally posted by oti32123
    [mod edit]

Wrong.  The've been tweeting like crazy (on all their accounts, not just english)

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• bookworm438bookworm438 Member Posts: 647
    Originally posted by Preacher26

I logged in @ 12:00am EST (3 hours prior to official launch) and the game was running very smooth. Played for 3 hours and logged off. I had no issues at all.

Woke up to get back in and it seems the witch hunt is on. How do people not understand how launches work by now?

Even your beloved WoW had a ton of downtime at launch.

People are annoying.

[mod edit]

Wouldn't a 2012 launch be worse than a 2004 launch. More people than ever play MMOs (thanks to our beloved WoW), and more people than ever have access to an internet connection. 

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    This isn't launch... It's early access... So yeah :D

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• FailtrainFailtrain Member Posts: 129

Keep these threads coming they make for good entertainment while I wait for the servers to come back up! :D

In all seriousness, no. Stop being stupid. This isn't even a big deal; people just need to grow up a little bit, eh?

• JagaridJagarid Member UncommonPosts: 415

I wouldn't call it the worst launch, I played for over 7 hours straight without a hitch, other than the trading post ceasing to work.

Going to get some sleep now.  Ya'll have fun, hope the servers come back up/start working soon for you.

• ghaianaghaiana Member UncommonPosts: 106
    Until now I think SWTOR had the best (pre)launch, but it was not appreciated by people because they had to wait until they got access. So back to the old fashioned way of launching and just let the servers crash. That is what people want anyway.
  • ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515
    [mod edits]

How far some haters will go to make a game look bad... it honestly blows my mind.

This is not a game.

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202
    [mod edit]

Literally EVERYTHING you wrote is false / lies. It's unbelievable how far some haters will go to bash the game. It honestly blows my mind.

Btw are you that guy otinanai with a new account? All of his posts were total garbage and yours are very similar. Was he banned for posting too much garbage?

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• bookworm438bookworm438 Member Posts: 647
    Originally posted by Nikkita

Welcome to GW2 forums.

You're listening to forum goers who have absolutely no idea what's going on in terms of launch, and you are listening to a few. Right now there is a lot of rage over people not being able to play.  (For me, I don't give a crap. It's not like I'm wasting game time or anything)

I'm not defending launch problems and all, but when you look from a technical aspect it's understandable. It's very difficult to replicate launch conditions pre-launch. And yes, head start is launch for those who have already purchased the game. You never know how many players are going to be trying to get in the minute it goes live. The game was doing quite good for a few hours, then it went downhill. 

Essentially with every MMO launch, you've got a DDoS attack on the servers. You've got so many people attempting to access the same servers at the same exact time. TSW

Now you've got NA waking up and hammering their servers.

• gravesworngravesworn Member Posts: 324
    Why do people flip out over something like this? Go to the gym. Go eat breakfast and login in later. Lol.
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

I played for 5 hours last night, sucks they are having issues right now, but I'm sure it'll be back online in a bit...

CALM DOWN.

• Dark_HUmarDark_HUmar Member UncommonPosts: 200
    I did play 3 hours the moment servers where up. Then I had a D/C and now I havn't been able to log in for a few hours. Its just a few hours so I think that is acceptable for a game with so many people trying to play. But This should not take days!
  • roo67roo67 Member Posts: 402
    All popular mmos have problems at launch . Remember all those problems with wow in the first few month . It doesn't make them bad games and smooth launches doesn't make them good games . If you play mmos its something you accept and expect and if it does bother you don't play them for at least two weeks after the launch day .Simples .
  • MMOwandererMMOwanderer Member Posts: 415
    Originally posted by korent1991
    This isn't launch... It's early access... So yeah :D

Considering nowadays the majority of players seems to pay extra to be there early instead of later with mmos, this might aswell be the actual launch.

OP, since i'm playing, can't comment on it, but i will agree on the fact that i'm suprised that these problems are showing up with so many stress tests. I know no amount of testing can prepare fully, but i was seriously shocked wih even that last one right before headstart.

I never really believe some higher degree of problems could be occur. They do have the pre-order numbers after all.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    Originally posted by Istavaan

Because guild wars 2 is a good game and the other two are rubbish, in my opinion, plus you are missing out on no game time because there is no sub.

dont know what planet your from but there is nothing wrong with TSW..swtor..i'll give you that one..but you sound more like a troll..i purchased both games..like all games on release they have problems.but to turn round and say TSW is rubbish is a joke.also whenever you fanbois come out of the woodwork to defend tthe very thing you slag off in another mmo i find it depressing..when i say depressing its because of people like you that get a bad reputation community wise.and the game your trying to defend suffers..do me a favour m8..keep these types of comments away from the forums plz.

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    hmm... tis take a while... maeby 1-2 hour... think i go buy chips and eat while:p
  • bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751
    Originally posted by BadSpock

I played for 5 hours last night, sucks they are having issues right now, but I'm sure it'll be back online in a bit...

CALM DOWN.

I've no doubt they will sort it and everyone will soon forget about it when they are enjoying the game.

But as it stands it is really quite piss poor.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• steeler989steeler989 Member UncommonPosts: 665
    IT IS NOT EVEN THE REAL LAUNCH YOU FARTCLOUD

• fat_taddlerfat_taddler Member Posts: 286
    Originally posted by Equintin
    Its not a launch yet the launch is on the 28th so quit qith these stupid posts

So you're saying this is simply a BWE without a wipe??   Funny, the email I received from ANET said that I was entitled to three days of head start access, not three days of stress testing.

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    All these posts about it not being a launch piss me off.  It's a god-damn launch when a majority of your initial players are already playing IMO.  I mean sure they may need to open up another server(2 at the most) for the 28th but most people who planned on playing the game are playing this weekend.  Thus IMO it's a launch and it's failure.  If any other game did this you would be up in arms.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Let's all cut the nonsense.

ANET sold this. It was what they offered. This happened in Beta. Everyone said "But it's Beta" giving ANET a free pass. Now it's happening in "Head Start" and yet again, I have to hear "But it's not a failed Launch" I don't care how you label it. ANET sold access their game for these events and did not deliver.

In fact, Head Start is ONLY 3 days and now one of them is compromised. After Launch, you can just be patient because then it's Launch, the up and down time happens, But that's not why people gave money to ANET before the release. THIS is why people gave money to ANET prior to release. These 3 days.

Personally, I'm not raging about no access, I can be patient. Eventually, the game will sort itself out, But really, It kinda bothers me that just because deep down inside, some people really really want to have this game succeed, they blind themselves to simple truths.

And this one is that ANET took money for something they FAILED to deliver.

That is still FAIL!

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Well it's the worst one is the few last years, that's for sure. TERA, SW:TOR etc were much better and they did have some issues. Here I cannot even log into my account page (EU).
  • TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

This discussion has been closed.