Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this the worst MMO launch of 2012?

Comments

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    Originally posted by Vannor
    All issues for me are gone, HoM rewards working properly. Just the ever contant grouping vs overflow problem, it 'really' needs fixing.. ruins everything.

Mail still broken, and all kind of bugs running around, i was trying to make a new toon but i couldnt, i keep getting an error. And the overflow thing need to be fixed, 90% of my playtime im there.

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Originally posted by hikaru77
    Love how the fanboys cant accept the facts and they have the excuse of ¨it happen in all the MMO releases¨ NO IT DOESNT, i do remember SWTOR headstart, TSW or even TERA, all of them 2012 MMOs. GW2 atm is just so full of bugs and problems that i cant believe they have being doing stress test and BW all these time for this. And it wasnt a primetime release, it was in the middle of the night.  

Wasn't the WHOLE game, Dude.   It was a PORTION of the EU players.   Not all the EU players.   Just a portion.  When I logged on half my guild was on and many were between level 7 and Level 10.   They've been playing since 5AM UK time.

OTOH, about a third of the guild was stuck in purgatory.   I was one.  

So, no, it wasn't the disaster you make it out to be.   US, from what I understand, was pretty much fine.   Half, if not most, of Europe was fine.  It was just SOME of us had issues.

Hardly the raving lunatic disaster you and the others make it out to be.

• EmerwynEmerwyn Member Posts: 70

They have server and login issues, unanounced 4 hours maintenances and overall poor performances since the minute 1 of a headstart where only real nerds woke up at 6 am to play.

Don't even want to begin to imagine how it'll be when the official launch the 28th happens. Just as expected, anyway.

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919

What DID the OP say anyways? All I see a mod edit.

...On second thought, I probably don't want to know, since the last thing I need is for my blood to boil.

• EzhaeEzhae Member UncommonPosts: 735
    Originally posted by fat_taddler
    It actually makes me appreciate the SWTOR launch

You mean you prefer letting small groups of people over what was 4-5 day period, and still having queues week after official launch, over 3 hour downtime on first night of headstart ? People have odd fetishes these days oO

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    i have no idea what people are complaining about. unannounced server downtime and the market is down. beyond that i haven't even had lag.
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,367

Much ado about nothing.   Except maybe the next  edition of the Overamped Angst Awards....

Yes, it sucks if you can't play.  No, it does not mean the end of the world as we know it.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• theedge767theedge767 Member Posts: 14

SO many kids so little time .

Guys I have a secret for you . It's not launch day .

Heres a pro tip : Launches are all rocky

Every single mmo that has launched since the very first mmo has had some jackass start a thread somwhere on the internet  that goes somthing like this

OMFG OMFG THIS THE WORST LAUNCH OF ALL TIME.

Protip #2 : No one really thinks alaunch will go off with out a hitch and there was only one super bad launch in the history of mmos and it aint this one .. acutally there are two that I can recall

Auto Assault

and Tabula Rasa

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533
    Originally posted by FlawSGI

Guess some didnt catch this thread less than 24 hours ago so I'll repost.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/361883

pay special attention to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsqUZkmO-zk  because while I thought it was hilarious, it seems to fit the mood this morning.

You wanna see him rant about GW2 ?  Here ya go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ajbi3q7rYlI

• stayBlindstayBlind Member UncommonPosts: 512
    Wife and I have been playing all day with no problems...

Little forum boys with their polished cyber toys: whine whine, boo-hoo, talk talk.

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

This whole thread....

Definitely much ado about NOTHING.

I live US, but play Europe. Like many people who play on the European side SOME of us had issues logging in. Not all of us.   And not even the majority.

In our Guild (52 former GW1 players that decided to migrate to GW2) only 7 have not made it on. Of the 45 that got on, 27 are currently playing while the rest have retired for the evening.   Of the 45 that got on line, 24 are level 10 or higher (highest is Level 16, with mutiple 15['s and 14's) though most of them are now done for the day..

Of the other seven, I know  some of them were also at work and a couple on vacation.  

But trolls will be trolls...

• UsulDaNeriakUsulDaNeriak Member Posts: 640

I cant remember a worse launch since early 2000. The good old days with SoE & EQ, when the eternal rule was created: "Never play on patchday"

So i had good memories today, when i had to wait about 6 hours after my first session. Thats an improvement! With SoE we even had no first session.

PS: Dont get me wrong, even SoE became better lately. I am talking about the good old days.

played: Everquest I (6 years), EVE (3 years)
    months: EQII, Vanguard, Siedler Online, SWTOR, Guild Wars 2
    weeks: WoW, Shaiya, Darkfall, Florensia, Entropia, Aion, Lotro, Fallen Earth, Uncharted Waters
    days: DDO, RoM, FFXIV, STO, Atlantica, PotBS, Maestia, WAR, AoC, Gods&Heroes, Cultures, RIFT, Forsaken World, Allodds

• YizleYizle Member Posts: 517

You guys whining about a launch when A) this happens with every new game goes live(notice I did not say Launch because...) B) This isn't even the launch date yet.

This happening is expected by everyone who has ever witnessed a game go live and is not completely irrational.

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198
    This thread seems silly. The lag only persisted for the first 3 hours. After that the game was running fine and I had no lag issues. Played for a while today and had absolutely no lag issues what so ever. I think I may have had a random DC but it was only a couple times.
  • ChicagoCubChicagoCub Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by theedge767

Every single mmo that has launched since the very first mmo has had some jackass start a thread somwhere on the internet  that goes somthing like this

Protip #2 : No one really thinks alaunch will go off with out a hitch and there was only one super bad launch in the history of mmos and it aint this one .. acutally there are two that I can recall

Auto Assault

and Tabula Rasa

That's not true at all.  SWTOR and RIFT both had very smooth launches, TSW as well.  So much so that threads began popping up saying that a smooth launch is now the norm the nothing to brag about.  A major title hasn't had a bad launch in quite some time.  Also look back at the above launches all of them counted the head starts as part of the launch.

• Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332
    Originally posted by VirgoThree
    This thread seems silly. The lag only persisted for the first 3 hours. After that the game was running fine and I had no lag issues. Played for a while today and had absolutely no lag issues what so ever. I think I may have had a random DC but it was only a couple times.

The game still has issues. The Trading Post has been down for hours. There is also guild display bugs. Issues with grouping and instances.

The game is worse than any of the stress tests so far.

• XadrianXadrian Member Posts: 71

I logged on right when the servers went up, had the usual high lag and disconnects for about 30-45 minutes (human starting zone was packed), then played for several hours. Woke up this morning, apparently missed the couple hours of server issues, but even with that and some of the lingering issues, this is one of the better launches I've seen. Doesn't anyone remember how these things go?

The number of people on is significantly higher than any stress test they've had, this shouldn't be entirely unexpected.

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198
    Originally posted by Atlan99
    Originally posted by VirgoThree

The game still has issues. The Trading Post has been down for hours. There is also guild display bugs. Issuse with grouping and instances.

The game is worse than any of the stress tests so far.

Ah okay, I wouldn't be seeing those issues. Haven't joined a guild yet, and I haven't used the trading post yet. Just been PvEing and crafting so far. Hopefully they iron that stuff out soon.

• wowfan1996wowfan1996 Member UncommonPosts: 719
    Originally posted by ChicagoCub
    Originally posted by theedge767

Auto Assault

and Tabula Rasa

That's not true at all.  SWTOR and RIFT both had very smooth launches, TSW as well.  So much so that threads began popping up saying that a smooth launch is now the norm the nothing to brag about.  A major title hasn't had a bad launch in quite some time.  Also look back at the above launches all of them counted the head starts as part of the launch.

Rift had huge queues until Trion added more servers. And BioWare let people in little by little. Turned out those who were left out hated this approach even more than queues.

So neither launch was smooth as in everyone-got-in-and-was-able-to-play.

MMORPG genre is dead. Long live MMOCS (Massively Multiplayer Online Cash Shop).

• IkifalesIkifales Member UncommonPosts: 305

Logged in at 9:00 PM pacific time last night, played for several hours with good fps and only a couple very small lag spikes.

Today I have played about 4 hours without any issues except for a sever error in the gem store. So no it has not been the worst headstart... atleast not for me.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Little league WS game is 24-15, 9 home runs...just going into the bottom of the 7th on ESPN.

20 runs (both teams)  in the last inning alone.  2nd baseman with three (3) consecutive 3-run homers...

Winner gets Japan tomorrow...

Yup.  Oddly, I'm watching this surpisingly awesome game....GW2 is on hold for a bit.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• ellobo29ellobo29 Member UncommonPosts: 423

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. IS THIS THE WORST MMO LAUNCH OF 2012????

Welp server has only been up for about 12 hours now.....and im having no problems on my end on the Jade Quarry server...

Soooooo nope smooth sailings from me,

• ZenIrishChaiZenIrishChai Member UncommonPosts: 527

Gah, I said I won't complain about complainers anymore but it spilled out.

Edited because I don't mean to be rude. I got it out of my system. I hope people have less to complain about soon then we can all be happy.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529
    Originally posted by IrishChai

MMO complainers really need to be kicked in the face until they can't speak or type for about a month on mmo launches from now on. I don't want to hear their stupidity anymore on every damn launch from yesterday to the apocalypse. It's a fackin game. The world won't end if you can't get login for a day! Can people be any more pathetic?! 

Gah, I said I won't complain about complainers anymore but it spilled out. I really hate these types of people. Can't help it. Sorry to all the nice positive forum people.

If a company asks for $$$ for their product and it doesn't work, what is wrong with complaining about it?

If I buy an Internet / phone plan and it doesn't work, you can be sure I'll complain about it and tell my friends to avoid company XYZ. Not getting the logic of this post.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

NOT for me....

I avoided the first hours....i knew it was going to be like it was.... hammered servers....

Just loged in tonight and it runs just PERFECT!

I am in love with this game !!!

This discussion has been closed.