Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this the worst MMO launch of 2012?

Comments

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    Really good launch.  Never seen so many people in an MMO in my life.

Too many sometimes.  In the human area, I can barely hit a mob before it's dead in a DE. lol

• UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571
    Originally posted by Equintin
    Its not a launch yet the launch is on the 28th so quit qith these stupid posts

Um...why everyone counts headstart as the "release."  Every other MMORPG is judged by that standard because there are no more wipes.  Headstart = launch.

• calranthecalranthe Member UncommonPosts: 359

I will wait a couple of weeks and read some reviews before deciding to play or not.

But it is very amusing to see all those people defending the prelaunch issues that TSW was slammed for by GW2 players.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by UNH0LYEV1L
    Originally posted by Equintin
    Its not a launch yet the launch is on the 28th so quit qith these stupid posts

Um...why everyone counts headstart as the "release."  Every other MMORPG is judged by that standard because there are no more wipes.  Headstart = launch.

why can't I do a launch review on this website or metacritic?  why can't I walk into gamestop and pick a box off the shelf?because official launch is the 28th 

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

I see the demagogues are still hard at work on the forums.

Anyway, off to lock in two more new character names.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • mustang2750mustang2750 Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Hmmm.

I logged in at midnight last night played 2 and a half hours then went to bed. Woke up a few hours ago and played for 2 hours again.

No problems whatsoever. Best launch ive ever played in!
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    "It was the best of launches, it was the worst of launches." - Dickens (who gave GW2 a 10/10)
  • gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341
    Dunno why people are having trouble getting in ;x I'm on a full server and I'm find. Not lagging either. Though, yes, there are too many people in the human area.  To be expected though, and why I'm glad for headstart. Want to be past the nub zone before official launch.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by oti32123
    Originally posted by Preacher26

I logged in @ 12:00am EST (3 hours prior to official launch) and the game was running very smooth. Played for 3 hours and logged off. I had no issues at all.

Woke up to get back in and it seems the witch hunt is on. How do people not understand how launches work by now?

Even your beloved WoW had a ton of downtime at launch.

People are annoying.

1)I dislike WoW with a passion.

2) It came out in 2004-5. Are you seriously comparing a 2004 launch to a 2012 one? Are your standards that low?

It's about realistic expectations.  IF you are sore in the seat about it, you have unrealistic expectations.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• Stx11Stx11 Member Posts: 415
    Originally posted by Mephster
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    Originally posted by Mephster
    Originally posted by eGumball
    WoW had simliar issues via launch and it is now the biggest title in the world. Haters, who are hoping Guild Wars 2 to fail because of this, will get a big facepalm soon ;)

WoW is a freak of naure, an exception to the rule. No other mmo has been able to recover from horrific launches.

The success or failure of GW2 is going to have nothing to do with problems during a headstart.  I know it's nice to want to say "I told you so" but no one's going to care about these issues in a few days.

Lets see when people run out of content because they rushed to max level in less than a month. Believe me, this is only the beginning of issues to come. GW2 will have much larger concerns heading their way.

You really need to get those hemmoroids treated Mephster - that much bitterness and discomfort just can't be healthy.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

i have had only one issue so far, its been pretty smooth for me actually.

• strangepowersstrangepowers Member UncommonPosts: 630

Originally posted by Preacher26
    I logged in @ 12:00am EST (3 hours prior to official head start) and the game was running very smooth. Played for 3 hours and logged off. I had no issues at all.Woke up to get back in and it seems the witch hunt is on. How do people not understand how launches work by now?Even your beloved WoW had a ton of downtime at launch.People are annoying.

Quoted for truth, blow by blow.

• indojabijinindojabijin Member UncommonPosts: 97

I've had the best experience except for a few disconnects (like 3 or 4) around 1am EST. I played from 12-3am EST with no issues then went to sleep. Woke up at 11am and haven't had issues yet.

What I also find funny is that everyone is calling it the most horrible launch in the past 2 years basing on the first few hours that the servers opened. Rift & TOR had HOURS of queues across every server that took days (even weeks) before everyone could login without issues. Not to mention TOR had staggered release so you had to wait while other people were playing them game.

So far the only issues I've heard of happened within the first 8 hours and the servers have been stable since. Is it by far the worst launch recently? Probably (compared to the tiny community of TERA & TSW). But compared to launches of last year it isn't.

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188
    Some can get in, most can't. It is all irrelevant for there are much larger concerns to be had within 3 months after launch. 

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• kramtkramt Member Posts: 86
    I logged in t 9:12 pacific time. Although some disconnections happened which is understandadble, I had a smooth game time
  • fub01fub01 Member Posts: 24

I was able to log in at 9 pm sharp, played for few hours with some lag here and there, but that's expected considering your screen is filled with hordes of players. Same scenario in other mmos, information transfer would be lost very quickly, but not this game, which I'm utterly impressed.

I stopped playing after my friend couldn't log back in at about 4am PDT (by then we'd have played for 7 hours...without much issue other than the lag), and I went to bed.  Woke up at about 8, played 3 hours since, and lag is pretty much absent, with overflow server working beautifully.

I really don't want to address the trollish nature of this thread title, but I can easily name big mmo launches with much much worse outcome.

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    OP I'll let you know in the 28th lol. Seriously though I would be mad if I couldn't have logged in when the servers were supposed be available even if it's a prepurchase head start.
  • LucioonLucioon Member UncommonPosts: 819
    Originally posted by Aelious
    OP I'll let you know in the 28th lol. Seriously though I would be mad if I couldn't have logged in when the servers were supposed be available even if it's a prepurchase head start.

The threads are now getting too quiet. Guess everyone is back online playing the game. 

I am sadden that I can't play for another 4 hours. Guess we gotta do what we gotta do to earn the money to support our entertainments. 

Life is a Maze, so make sure you bring your GPS incase you get lost in it.

• stringboistringboi Member UncommonPosts: 394
    Originally posted by Lucioon

The threads are now getting too quiet. Guess everyone is back online playing the game. 

I am sadden that I can't play for another 4 hours. Guess we gotta do what we gotta do to earn the money to support our entertainments. 

See, all this uproar for what?  Yah...this, this was the worst "launch" in 2012!  I noticed the OP removed his original comment as well, things must be ok now then?  Jumping the gun, making statements when half of the day isnt even over....lmao

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by stringboi
    Originally posted by Lucioon

See, all this uproar for what?  Yah...this, this was the worst "launch" in 2012!  I noticed the OP removed his original comment as well, things must be ok now then?  Jumping the gun, making statements when half of the day isnt even over....lmao

The OP was [MODeddited] which usually means what was said was rather bile.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    All issues for me are gone, HoM rewards working properly. Just the ever contant grouping vs overflow problem, it 'really' needs fixing.. ruins everything.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • tachiboitachiboi Member UncommonPosts: 30
    Wait, someone fill me in. I also played 3hr early before the launch and it was fine. Got home today to play and it's still working fine....
  • stringboistringboi Member UncommonPosts: 394
    Originally posted by tachiboi
    Wait, someone fill me in. I also played 3hr early before the launch and it was fine. Got home today to play and it's still working fine....

Apparently the game crashed for a while, work needed to be done, and thus...the world came to and end.  You know, usual stuff round these parts.  =)

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by tachiboi

The most widely reported problem seemed to be a rerun of BWE1's authentication problems.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

This discussion has been closed.