Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wont let me log in

13»

Comments

• GamefunGamefun Member Posts: 290
    Originally posted by jaserion
    i guess that getting the blah blah firewall error is normal?  i was on last night and logged off for bed.  now i cant get in.  

Yes it's normal. ArenaNet already commented on it, they said they are aware of EU/US log in errors and misc bug's happening right now. It's the reason they decided to bring the servers down so they can fix them.

I would rather them bring them down now then in the middle of the day, although I know for the EU people it sucks for them but thing's happpen. No one is perfect. If you expect bugs, servers coming down for fixes, its easier to cope with.

Originally posted by Ohn03s
    Originally posted by Gamefun
    They are unable to keep their servers stable, oh well. I will just play some TSW(At least that gane was playable during headstart/Launch ^^ )

The Secret World didn't have the magnitude of people Guild Wars 2 has for launch that is why The Secret World didn't crash much. Thing's happen, thing's will happen regardless of what you think.

I am aware that high serverload breaks things, but they might just as well scale a bit more between multiple login servers, considering they had a fair amount of stress tests it would be fair to expect that they have managed their serverload correctly :)

There is a high demand, true. But they are payed to keep the service online by the end users and due to the amount of sales they have a fair estimation about the amount of clients that Log on. 

The only time the TSW Servers fully crashed was during the free weekend but they where able to restore it quite quickly. Apperently the demand was far higher than expected but alright, whenever you open the doors for everyone without payement those things can happen. 

I agree with you on what you are saying.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by Gamefun
    They are unable to keep their servers stable, oh well. I will just play some TSW(At least that gane was playable during headstart/Launch ^^ )

The Secret World didn't have the magnitude of people Guild Wars 2 has for launch that is why The Secret World didn't crash much. Thing's happen, thing's will happen regardless of what you think.

I am aware that high serverload breaks things, but they might just as well scale a bit more between multiple login servers, considering they had a fair amount of stress tests it would be fair to expect that they have managed their serverload correctly :)

There is a high demand, true. But they are payed to keep the service online by the end users and due to the amount of sales they have a fair estimation about the amount of clients that Log on. 

The only time the TSW Servers fully crashed was during the free weekend but they where able to restore it quite quickly. Apperently the demand was far higher than expected but alright, whenever you open the doors for everyone without payement those things can happen. 

So it was OK for TSW, but its not OK for GW2? You say they fixed it quickly on TSW, servers have been down less than an hour (and its only for some, not everyone) on GW2 and youre already condemning them and assuming they wont fix it quickly (even though the devs have posted multiple tweets about it already within minutes of it going down and being looked into).

Troll harder please.

• kostoslavkostoslav Member UncommonPosts: 455
    I m gettin something about not been able to login and how its probably due to firewall or rooter. What is that all about?
  • Billybob2006Billybob2006 Member Posts: 47

Just incase the internet hides my tone here, stating upfront that I'm not raging.

I'm having error 37 flashbacks.  I know the error is that the login servers aren't working, and i've been in enough early weekends/launches to not really be bothered by this by now, but argh I just wanna get my gw2 on!  

• steeler989steeler989 Member UncommonPosts: 665
    Originally posted by kostoslav
    I m gettin something about not been able to login and how its probably due to firewall or rooter. What is that all about?

The errors related with firewall/conectivity are still being investigated by our teams. We will give you more info as soon as we get it. ^DO

and

We are aware of issues with server connectivity. We will keep you up to date with our progress. ^DO

That is what it is about.

It's a problem with the servers. It's nothing on your end. A lot of people are getting those errors. ArenaNet has already said they are looking into it and are looking for solutions to fix the problems.

• Billybob2006Billybob2006 Member Posts: 47

Despite the error placing all the blame on you, its actually coming up because the login servers are down right now.

• steeler989steeler989 Member UncommonPosts: 665
    Originally posted by Billybob2006

Despite the error placing all the blame on you, its actually coming up because the login servers are down right now.

This

• kostoslavkostoslav Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Ok, thank u all
  • FealStyrmFealStyrm Member Posts: 40