Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

European Disaster

Comments

• Just reach level 6, go lunch, when i back dced and now i'm not able to log-in anymore. >_<
    apart this was fine before after i tryed several times to log-in, now is impossible, problably log-in server is crashed completely. :D

Eh, we have to wait, is only the first day. :)

edit
    Lol i logged in just now. Lucky. :D

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

Well no, it's not the best start for the EU zone, but it was to be expected given the demand and the history of EU launches.

For those saying there is no larger issue because they can manage to log on, well that's incorrect as the official twitter mentions the EU region problems.

Guild Wars 2 ‏<span js-action-profile-name"="">@GuildWars2

The team is working on the conectivity problems that are mainly happening on the EU territories. Will give you an update on this soon ^DO

It's somewhat frustrating to not instantly be able to get into the game but what the hell, I'll go out to the pub, watch some football and try again later. Waited for a long time for this game so a few more days is not not an issue.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• keenberkeenber Member UncommonPosts: 438

Love the way you guys are defending your game but this is head start they know how many are gonna be logging on this should not happen with all the stress tests they have had

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by keenber
    Love the way you guys are defending your game but this is head start they know how many are gonna be logging on this should not happen with all the stress tests they have had 
    This.

They have had what? at least 5 stress tests? They should know from pre orders the minimum number of connections that should be allocated.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    I have the game but I know it's just another MMO so I cannot bring myself to play it.
  • heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

There is nothing to defend. The game runs flawlessly. There were some issues at the start, 3 hours before the game was suppose to launch but now everything works fine.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    Originally posted by Nitth

This.

They have had what? at least 5 stress tests? They should know from pre orders the minimum number of connections that should be allocated.

Are you personally having problems getting into the game?

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

This.

Yes they should and some of us are not actually defending it, we are just saying that it is not the end of the world. I'll be more concerned if once I actually get into the game I find out is it rubbish or rife with technical issues.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    Just had lunch and try log back but cant get in:/ just need keep trying:) lauch is still far better then Diablo 3 hehe.
  • XtenXten Member Posts: 119
    Originally posted by heartless

There is nothing to defend. The game runs flawlessly. There were some issues at the start, 3 hours before the game was suppose to launch but now everything works fine.

no they are not. The log in issues still persist , they even got worse, not sure how you came to that conclusion.

I was in the game after a bit of hassle but that is to be expected on launch day , after losing the connection i was able to get back in again after 10 minutes of trying. After another kick i now am unable to get on for about a hour already and i am most certaintly not the only one.

Login on to the official site is also no possible so , where did you get that info from that says that everything is solved??

Originally posted by Arskaaa
     lauch is still far better then Diablo 3 hehe.

And that is important to us how exactly ?

• keenberkeenber Member UncommonPosts: 438
    So funny there is so many wrighting on these forums about this or that in gw2 but if its so great why are you guys not playing it or in bed sleeping to get ready for your next play session ?
  • tv2zulutv2zulu Member UncommonPosts: 73

Log-in server issues? In my MMO launch title?!

Why I never...

Originally posted by bunnyhopper
    Originally posted by Nitth   Originally posted by keenber Love the way you guys are defending your game but this is head start they know how many are gonna be logging on this should not happen with all the stress tests they have had    
    This.   They have had what? at least 5 stress tests? They should know from pre orders the minimum number of connections that should be allocated.
    Yes they should and some of us are not actually defending it, we are just saying that it is not the end of the world. I'll be more concerned if once I actually get into the game I find out is it rubbish or rife with technical issues.

Of course its not the end of the world. It's expected they would have some issues.

Its just confusing what merit the "stress tests" had if they cant handle an early access launch.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• strumpfstrumpf Member Posts: 13
    So funny there is so many wrighting on these forums about this or that in gw2 but if its so great why are you guys not playing it or in bed sleeping to get ready for your next play session ?

Too tired from playing to actually read the thread to find out people can't play it eh?

Originally posted by tv2zulu

Why I never...

Yeah. That excuse has been used by every MMO that didn't end up delivering on a lot more fronts for years. So much for innovating.
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by daniel!!!
    i got on fine :) and im from the UK, im just sick of reading posts already about people saying worst gamez evarz lol

They obviously never tried the launch+gameplay of SWG and Vanguard then.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• tyfontyfon Member UncommonPosts: 240

So just got booted from the server Desolate and now I get a wierd error trying to log in.

Did the servers crash or something?

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    What was tis EU high populatet server? grandal? 

Originally posted by keenber Love the way you guys are defending your game but this is head start they know how many are gonna be logging on this should not happen with all the stress tests they have had    
    This.   They have had what? at least 5 stress tests? They should know from pre orders the minimum number of connections that should be allocated.

Of course its not the end of the world. It's expected they would have some issues.

Its just confusing what merit the "stress tests" had if they cant handle an early access launch.

look mate everyone has seen you around these forums k , it is a bit obvious why you are here. It is so obvious it is laughable that you still try to sly it in with subtlety. Bes thing would be if you just quit it and glee in silence over the launch issue, unless you are not older then 10 then you are excused of course and expected to continue.

• PetzenPetzen Member Posts: 74
    I've been playing from 10am just up until now - that is 3 hours without any issues at all. Then I did get DC'ed :p
    Originally posted by Arskaaa
    What was tis EU high populatet server? grandal? 
    Dessolate
  • OmnifishOmnifish Member Posts: 616

I've just been punted out now, been playing since about 9 so 3 hours isn't bad.

Getting back in however, that's the trick :D

This looks like a job for....The Riviera Kid!

• tv2zulutv2zulu Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Originally posted by tv2zulu

Why I never...

Yeah. That excuse has been used by every MMO that didn't end up delivering on a lot more fronts for years. So much for innovating.

You know there's a reason why it's always the log-in servers, yeah?

There are plenty of Full and Medium load EU servers with people playing...

• MarajhaMarajha Member Posts: 22
    I´m playing from portugal, reached lvl 6 in underworld server, havent got a problem in 2h of playing, got booted after that, so far not a nightmare, just a few bumps on the road... just my 2 cents :)

Originally posted by Xten

Originally posted by keenber Love the way you guys are defending your game but this is head start they know how many are gonna be logging on this should not happen with all the stress tests they have had    
      Of course its not the end of the world. It's expected they would have some issues. Its just confusing what merit the "stress tests" had if they cant handle an early access launch.
    look mate everyone has seen you around these forums k , it is a bit obvious why you are here. It is so obvious it is laughable that you still try to sly it in with subtlety. Bes thing would be if you just quit it and glee in silence over the launch issue, unless you are not older then 10 then you are excused of course and expected to continue.

What exactly are you on about? - what obvious motives do you believe i have?

I'm sorry i have a balanced attitude to games, All games have good and bad qualities and no game is better than another.

There are issues here. If you don't acknowledge them they will never be fixed.