Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 Launch Failure

Comments

• TomBaker_fanTomBaker_fan Member Posts: 131
    The first hours of TSW were unplayable until people started spreading out.

• BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by TomBaker_fan
    Tsw had issues, they allllllll do.

To be fair I know it will clear up, but TSW did not have issues like this.

And had like 10 % of GW2 traffic ? Not trying to defend the game, just pointing out the facts. The game will get a fair share of critiscm from me on Monday when the things calm down.

• TomBaker_fanTomBaker_fan Member Posts: 131
    Blind,
    Organizing the tantrum is a good idea, think it through.
    You didn't really expect no issues, did you?

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

GW2 launch failure? Nonsense! I've been playing without a problem as soon as I transfered from Jade Quarry to Crystal Desert. No lag and no disconnects.

Edit: now I switched back to Jade Quarry and no lag and no disconnects. Forget the haters.

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    People calm down. Give it some time. In 1 week all this won't matter for you anyway.
  • Inf666Inf666 Member UncommonPosts: 513

Can't log in (EU) from Germany.

3 hours ago it was working so I guess I will just have to wait until the server zerging has stopped.

---
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by Mouth

I simply cannot log in - my request doesnt even reach authentication. I heard from my friend who was able to log in really early this morning that the game is laggy as hell.

Not going to score the game on this, but so far ... extremely bad of course. Going back to The Secret World (which had a 10/10 launch) for a while, but itching to try GW2 ( though I don't think I will like the cartoony "little mouse characters" things, but we'll see). I loved gw1 to bits, but have a bad feeling about gw2 - especially now after tsw launch.

Drama much?

A company can not anticipate these issues with hundreds of thousands of players trying to play at the same time.  No amount of stress test will catch all issues so give them a break its been a few hours and everyone knows the old addage "you never play on patch day" pertains to launches as well.

Hell Ive been rolled back at least 4 times now and one of the times I lost 3 levels but I didnt bitch I jsut went about repeating the same content, its the price we pay for paying on launch day.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• eGumballeGumball Member Posts: 151
    You basically compare Guild Wars 2 and TSW without looking at the player-base. 
  • ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

I had the same issues with TSW, half of the quests in kingsmouth and savage coast did not work.  And I didnt bitch there either.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• Inf666Inf666 Member UncommonPosts: 513
    Originally posted by Zylaxx

I had the same issues with TSW, half of the quests in kingsmouth and savage coast did not work.  And I didnt bitch there either.

Well I'd rather have 50% of the game working rather than 0% like now.

---
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

My dude, are you serious? TSW had and still has broken quests. TSW had and still has broken chat. TSW had and still has broken equipment manager.

GW2's launch completely owns TSW's launch. There was some lag and some connection issues, 3 hours before servers we suppose to go online. Now everything is working perfectly. Even Jade Quarry, which was the laggiest server of the all, is working just fine.

I'm sorry that your favorite game failed but if you're going to hate, at least try a bit harder. This is not even launch, bro. It's a head start and it already functions better than TSW.

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

I find it Ironic that all the GW 2 Fanbois that bash every other games launch, are now in the oh its launch time, of course there is gonna be issues, have patience crowd now when it comes to A-Net

I played some today, and it was a horrible lag fest for the first 2 hrs

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Originally posted by heartless

My dude, are you serious? TSW had and still has broken quests. TSW had and still has broken chat. TSW had and still has broken equipment manager.

GW2's launch completely owns TSW's launch. There was some lag and some connection issues, 3 hours before servers we suppose to go online. Now everything is working perfectly. Even Jade Quarry, which was the laggiest server of the all, is working just fine.

I'm sorry that your favorite game failed but if you're going to hate, at least try a bit harder. This is not even launch, bro. It's a head start and it already functions better than TSW.

My dude, TSW launch was ok and as I hear GW2 is failing in this department big time. Hate TSW as much as you like but it doesn't make GW2 any better.

• VortigonVortigon Member UncommonPosts: 723

Can't login - not even a sniff of getting past login screen.

• suckm3suckm3 Member UncommonPosts: 187
    Whole game is fail.. Played it for few hours and complety reminds me on AION just different graphic. Everything moves/cast almost that same. Why I'm even surprised when its again from ncsoft 

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”? -Albert Einstein 

"The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn. After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that neither does the ability to write.
    So if you notice that I'm no longer answering your nonsense, stop trying... because you just joined my block list.

• ZezdaZezda Member UncommonPosts: 686
    Originally posted by Piiritus

My dude, TSW launch was ok and as I hear GW2 is failing in this department big time. Hate TSW as much as you like but it doesn't make GW2 any better.

I've yet to have any issue prevent me from playing. Chat works fine. Events work fine. Personal Story works fine. 

In fact, aside from trouble initially logging in (It takes 2 or 3 tries usually) everything is going perfectly fine for me.

Originally posted by Myrdynn

I find it Ironic that all the GW 2 Fanbois that bash every other games launch, are now in the oh its launch time, of course there is gonna be issues, have patience crowd now when it comes to A-Net

I played some today, and it was a horrible lag fest for the first 2 hrs

First, let's make sure that we understand that this is not launch. This is a head start. Second of all, the lag happened for the first 30 or so minutes of the servers being up and only on a few really popular servers. Servers that were brought up 3 hours before they were suppose to, mind you.

• scotty899scotty899 Member Posts: 166

launch failure? this is early start.

i learnt my lesson on swtor early start lol. launch is a few days away. 

launch failure is like getting a cartrige game e.g super mario 64 and it not getting past the stretch the mario face screen.

chillax yo

• ZezdaZezda Member UncommonPosts: 686
    Originally posted by lickm3
    Whole game is fail.. Played it for few hours and complety reminds me on AION just different graphic. Everything moves/cast almost that same. Why I'm even surprised when its again from ncsoft 

Yes, because all the classes in Aion can cast while moving. Troll more.

Originally posted by Piiritus

Funny because I had absolutely no issues playing the game since midnight EST, until about now, my dude. There was some lag at the start, for about 30 minutes on a few really popular server but besides that, the game ran flawlessly, my dude.

On the bright side, at least all of the quests and the chat works. My dude.

• DrachasorDrachasor Member Posts: 2,678

Well, they were right, the stress tests weren't like this at all.  Yuk yuk yuk.

Seriously though, it's only been several hours.  Let's be reasonable and see how things look like on the actual launch day.  If they can't sort things out for that then they'll be big problems.

• skepticalskeptical Member Posts: 357
    Things were just fine last night. Now I get dc'd and can't log back in...fail. Oh well, this is nothing new, every MMO launch day sucks anyway. Hopefully they fix this mess soon.
  • KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217

has TSW EVER got their chat system to work?

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Give them time folks, all the stress tests in the world couldn't have prepared their hardware for this kind of barrage.  Just in my small circle of friends, I know 5 people that bought the game last night.  They're being nuked right now beyond what they even anticipated.  Be patient folks.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.