Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A message from an ANet dev

MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

This was posted on Reddit as a quote from an ArenaNet employee who posted it on a fan site last night.

Thought it was fairly touching.

"I'm going to try to get some sleep, because I'm exhausted, and tomorrow is going to be a very long day. There is such a range of emotion I'm experiencing right now, but mostly I just want to say that I hope you guys love it. Love it forever, or love it and then move on to something else, but just love it, and know that three hundred of us melted down our hearts to give it to you. It's all yours soon."

Source:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/yreuz/i_wanted_to_share_with_you_quote_from_an_arenanet/

Comments

• fub01fub01 Member Posts: 24
    Chopped onion.
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Well said!

Passionate developers = great games.

• redfrickredfrick Member UncommonPosts: 42
    This is why I have high hopes for this game.  These devs aren't just pushing out a product, this is an act of love.  When is the last time you've heard an MMO dev talk as if they put everything they have into their game?  And did it all for the fans.
  • BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    This is why some games fail while others succeed.
  • ExilorExilor Member Posts: 391
    Imagine what would happen if the game wasn't a success. The poor thing.
  • RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by BadSpock

Well said!

Passionate developers = great games.

• clumsytoes44clumsytoes44 Member UncommonPosts: 463
    One of the biggest reason's i've been a fan of Anet for along time, is that they honestly care about their product.
  • akathosakathos Member UncommonPosts: 179

Nice to see developers feeling a passion for their creation. So many see their job as a pay cheque at the end of the month. 

I am not one to scream a fan boy quote. However.

Guild Wars 2 is a labour of love, created with a passion for their fans.  AreaNet listened and showed that companies can listen to their fans and still make good, quality games.  As a result. Guild Wars 2, so far has been one of the most fun games I've managed to lay my hands on in the MMO genre, for... 6 years... 

Respect AreaNet.

• SawlstoneSawlstone Member Posts: 301

I love it already.......

pffft....those girls in highschool calling me clingy couldn't be more wrong

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    clever marketing, to get people emotionally attached to your product. lol. clever

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• JagaridJagarid Member UncommonPosts: 415
    Originally posted by Exilor
    Imagine what would happen if the game wasn't a success. The poor thing.

Too late really, based on just what they have already sold.

It's not like it's a P2P game.

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

Guild Wars 2: Made with 65% more love than the nearest competitor.

• clumsytoes44clumsytoes44 Member UncommonPosts: 463
    Originally posted by MMOExposed
    clever marketing, to get people emotionally attached to your product. lol. clever

Word of mouth marketing is still one of the most powerfull type's of marketing.

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    That's what I love about ANet... The devs are just amazing, and I'm really sorry more companies this days aren't like they were back in the old days. When they were making amazing games without having in mind to milk out dry their players.

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

It's not clever, it’s not marketing, for the past 3 yrs it’s been clear that this is a labour of love, you can see from the details, quirks, innovations, art and music that this is a project with a great deal of emotional investment for the developers, I would recommend taking a harder look at this project, if it doesn’t win you over you may want to get a heart transplant.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975
    Originally posted by zevni78

It's not clever, it’s not marketing, for the past 3 yrs it’s been clear that this is a labour of love, you can see from the details, quirks, innovations, art and music that this is a project with a great deal of emotional investment for the developers, I would recommend taking a harder look at this project, if it doesn’t win you over you may want to get a heart transplant.

Agreed completely, how anyone could be so dense as to think this was "clever marketing" is obscene.

Originally posted by Kost
    Originally posted by zevni78

Agreed completely, how anyone could be so dense as to think this was "clever marketing" is obscene.

The best thing is, this was posted on someones private websites... Then the person who was the part of that community decided to share this news further because he was moved by the words...

And now, suddenly.. it's marketing! Everything's marketing in this days and world... gosh...

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975
    Originally posted by korent1991

The best thing is, this was posted on someones private websites... Then the person who was the part of that community decided to share this news further because he was moved by the words...

And now, suddenly.. it's marketing! Everything's marketing in this days and world... gosh...

Just another good reason to stay far away from the cesspool that is MMORPG.com

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

Nice to see. Too bad when other developers on other games say somethign similar, people here attach some negative BS to it...

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

Or you can just do what I do and put them on ignore.

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

Assuming that ONLY GW2 devs care about their product is a complete BS. So all other devs hate what they do, right?

Lets get down to Earth.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

Originally posted by heartless

that's a good suggestion, forgot about that option tbh... I think it's gonna fill up quickly :D

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    Originally posted by heartless

that's a good suggestion, forgot about that option tbh... I think it's gonna fill up quickly :D

Ha! My list is growing daily.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by grimal

Your ignorance is shocking, to say the least.

And when you watch award  shows and those celebrities tell the fans "i love you all," do you believe them too?

Yes! Kim Kardashian wouldn't lie to us just to promote herself!!! No way! Nuh uh!! Never!!

• Grimlock426Grimlock426 Member Posts: 159

Not to be a jerk because I love the sentiment and have already bought 2 copies of the game (one for me and one for my wife) but do you really believe that the Arenanet employees are the only passionate ones because you happen to have seen one post by one of their employees?

I bet you there were internal posts similar to this right before the SWTOR launch, the Secret World Launch, the Warhammer launch, the Age of Conan Launch, the Champions launch, etc.  Just because you didn't happen to see them doesn't mean they didn't have just as many hard-working, passionate and dedicated employees who all hoped you'd love the game they spent years working on.