Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Firefall: Store Launch & a New You

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Firefall beta testers are invited to join Red 5 later today at the Copacabana, the game's new item shop. The event marks the shop's introduction into the game along with New You, a character customization feature, as well as a new PvP map, The Rig. The event kicks off at 7:00 p.m. Pacific.

• Introduction of the New You terminal

• With brand new technology, you can now customize your own DNA.

• Change your hair color, skin tone, even the shape of your face at the nearest New You station.

• You can also find fun new customizations for your battleframe showing everyone that you are a unique snowflake.

• Luau Larry has set up shop in CopaCabana

• Luau Larry is known across New Eden for his fun, and sometimes useful, items.

• Where he gets them, no one knows, but everyone loves an animated Tiki Pet.

• Larry's Store will open on Friday, August 24th @ 7pm Pacific. Join Red 5 for this momentous occassion in Copacabana.

• Brand new PvP map, The Rig.

• An old Omnidyne-M mining facility has been located off the coast of New Eden.

• The fight for control of this facility begins now.

• New 5v5 TDM map with mostly interior fighting.

• Founder's Packs with special items and discounts will be available first day of PAX, August 31st. More details next week.

Read the full update notes on the Firefall community site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    I hate how they publicly advertise events for a game that's in closed beta.  Just doesn't seem right.  Open it up, or keep it between you and your damn testers...

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• KalafaxKalafax Member UncommonPosts: 591
    All sounds good, but I really wish it was a new Sabotage map or something, we have enough TDM maps right now.

Mess with the best, Die like the rest

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975
    Originally posted by Vhaln
    I hate how they publicly advertise events for a game that's in closed beta.  Just doesn't seem right.  Open it up, or keep it between you and your damn testers...

You jelly brah?

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

Yeah kinda sucks, but at least its due out this year..

• AlyvianAlyvian Member Posts: 342
    Originally posted by Kost

You jelly brah?

why would he be jelly about a quite frankly terrible game?

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

I've seen one gameplay trailer released by RED 5 and it was like Tabula Rasa on steriods after doing crack!

Lovely graphics & gameplay plus the effects during the city defense when buildings were randomly exploding were excellent. Definately a game to keep an eye on in my opinion.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692

Originally posted by Alyvian

Says the one with a link for Rift as their signature.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    This will be my pit stop while i wait for GW2 tonight!!!!!-nice ! thanks red5!

been lovin all the new changes so far!
    still awaiting 5v5v5 team matches....
    Originally posted by Alyvian
    Originally posted by Kost

You jelly brah?

I guess that's one way to put it, yeah, and that's basically my point.  Why shouldn't I be, and that's an annoying tactic on Red5's part, IMHO.  I have heard some terrible things though, so its a little more like curious to find out for myself.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• gunthologygunthology Member Posts: 50
    instead of fixing the lag that makes the game unplayable and adding more quest then only 5. they keep adding bullsht =_=
    Originally posted by gunthology
    instead of fixing the lag that makes the game unplayable and adding more quest then only 5. they keep adding bullsht =_=

That is the primary complaint I've seen.  That it's light on content to an extreme.  Like they have the framework for a game there, but they've got a long way to go before it'll be fleshed out enough.  I know they've got a system for adding content dynamically, but I hope they aren't thinking that promises of future content will be good enough.  They'd be shooting themselves in the foot with a proverbial rocket launcher to make that mistake.

• DevisorDevisor Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by gunthology

That is the primary complaint I've seen.  That it's light on content to an extreme.  Like they have the framework for a game there, but they've got a long way to go before it'll be fleshed out enough.  I know they've got a system for adding content dynamically, but I hope they aren't thinking that promises of future content will be good enough.  They'd be shooting themselves in the foot with a proverbial rocket launcher to make that mistake.

Dude the way you keep replying in this thread makes you look kinda jelly that you cant play it. If you havent played the game yet then dont critize it because you dont know how the game works personally; i dont need to hear what other people complain about through your post. let them complain themself.

Originally posted by Devisor

Dude the way you keep replying in this thread makes you look kinda jelly that you cant play it. If you havent played the game yet then dont critize it because you dont know how the game works personally; i dont need to hear what other people complain about through your post. let them complain themself.

What's with calling me "jelly" again?  Should I be ashamed of that?  I'm curious about the game, yeah, and not seeing much discussion about it one way or another, even though there's no NDA, right?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • avelabavelab Member Posts: 4
    Please, make sure your computer meets the system requirements before complaining about lag.

• 9ineven9ineven Member UncommonPosts: 168

I'm pretty sure he is talking about network lag.

Tons of people have issues with that, since latest huge update.

• fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428
    Originally posted by Devisor

What's with calling me "jelly" again?  Should I be ashamed of that?  I'm curious about the game, yeah, and not seeing much discussion about it one way or another, even though there's no NDA, right?

Take it from some one who's been playing for awhile, this game is awful. There isnt much to discuss.

• genclaymoregenclaymore Member UncommonPosts: 44

You forgot to put "IMO" in your post. Because it is a opinion after all.  Because not every one is gonna share the same opinion as you or any one else. Also people free to have their own opinions. I seen alot of people shoving there opinions down other people throat on this site.

As for the game, I havent been lagging when I was playing, I just wish they enabled or have more stuff in.  I sure hope when ever it goes live, that alot more stuff is added in.