Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will there be any way to demo this game before a purchase?

MagaskaweelMagaskaweel Member UncommonPosts: 35

56 euros is alot of money for me, and currently not having a high end pc, there is no way Im dropping that on a game if I cant see if my machine can run it to acceptable standards.

I can have a look at the system requirements, but that alone means nothing. A game with low requirements can run really bad on many computers if its not optimized properly.

Comments

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
    You might have to wait a while for a free trial.
  • blix2006blix2006 Member UncommonPosts: 415
    not likely..maybe after 6 months or a year they may do something like that.
  • IKShadowIKShadow Member UncommonPosts: 783

Futilez[Do You Have What It Takes ?]

• otacuotacu Member UncommonPosts: 547
    Originally posted by Magaskaweel

56 euros is alot of money for me, and currently not having a high end pc, there is no way Im dropping that on a game if I cant see if my machine can run it to acceptable standards.

I can have a look at the system requirements, but that alone means nothing. A game with low requirements can run really bad on many computers if its not optimized properly.

You missed all the Beta Week Ends? s

Well you have to wait for some special trial in the future then

• LyvinsLyvins Member Posts: 70

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx 

follow the link, select GW2 and see if ya can run it :)

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Try canirunit.com.

Never let me down on how well I would be able to run a game. Can at least give you an idea anyways.

Far as a free trial goes probably not for some time

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• MagaskaweelMagaskaweel Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Originally posted by otacu

You missed all the Beta Week Ends? s

Well you have to wait for some special trial in the future then

Im signed up for them, but never got an invite.

• jacklojacklo Member Posts: 570

You pretty much had to pre-purchase to join beta. Yes there were the odd invite, but few and far between.

If the chart that was posted doesn't help you, just put your specs in the thread and see if someone else has played with something similar.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Free trials in the week Mist of Pandaria launches :D would be epic lol :)
    But i gues it might take awhile for a free trial.

On my system 2008/2009 i can run the game on high in most cases.
    I7 Extreme 950I
    Ati Radeon HD 4850
    6 Gigabyte ram

Only in MASSIVE WvWvW battles i need to turn down settings.

And i might add that Guildwars 2 runs fracking smooth even on old systems :)

• IstrebiteIIstrebiteI Member Posts: 266

I doubt there will be any time soon. From abscense of advertisment, and GW2 topping WoW expansion on Amazon, i believe they got MORE than they can handle people who already bought the game. If they'd give free trial now, there would be just NO way their servers would handle it. They are most likely going to wait until first wave of people starts to leave (its inevitable, someone isnt going to like the game), and when they have some free power on servers, they'll make a trial. But right now a trial is a suicide, really.

It would be the same, if not worse, as what happened at Demigod's launch, when servers died because people with pirate copy owners found a way to connect to them... and well, servers were DDOSed hard :P

• MagaskaweelMagaskaweel Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Originally posted by jacklo

You pretty much had to pre-purchase to join beta. Yes there were the odd invite, but few and far between.

If the chart that was posted doesn't help you, just put your specs in the thread and see if someone else has played with something similar.

My specs are:

AMD Phenom II X2 555 3.20 GHz

radeon HD 5450 512 mb

4GB ram

Win7 64

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

This is understantable.  I remember buying Tabula Rasa (don't hate me peeps) and was crushed to find out my computer couldn't run it ... at the time, there was no way I could afford a better PC.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• jacklojacklo Member Posts: 570

My specs are:

AMD Phenom II X2 555 3.20 GHz

radeon HD 5450 512 mb

4GB ram

Win7 64

You should run it with ease. :)

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

Fricken buy the game already. 

Like others have said, use the canirunit thingy.  If u like what u see on YouTube then there is no reason why you shouldn't like to play it. 

• leroysgleroysg Member UncommonPosts: 97

hope this helps

• MisarisMisaris Member Posts: 140

Don´t buy the cat in the bag, rather wait until the dust settles and they release a trial.

I personally cancelled the GW2 pre-order after trying the beta. I found GW2 far too boring and repetetive and I was rather fed up with medieval fantasy MMOs. Story is also pretty much non exiting and missions are kill x click x, as usual.

Playing Secret World now and not looking back.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Originally posted by Lyvins

follow the link, select GW2 and see if ya can run it :)

What a great tool, thanks for sharing it.  (I passed on all fronts so good to know if I give it a try I won't crash and burn)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• austriacusaustriacus Member UncommonPosts: 618

Thats complete bs, for BW3 they gave out over 100k keys. If someone didnt get one they werent really interested that much.

I think curse had like 20k keys give out thing.

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065
    Originally posted by austriacus

Thats complete bs, for BW3 they gave out over 100k keys. If someone didnt get one they werent really interested that much.

Lots of people I know were very interested and stil couldn't get a key. IIRC curse's 20k keys were gone in 10 minutes, and mmorpg.com also had like 20k keys more and were gone in 15.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Not really.

This was a pretty tough beta to get into due to how many wanted to. I know plenty that were trying to get a key and weren't able to.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• IstrebiteIIstrebiteI Member Posts: 266

Have to disagree right there. You just had to be smart, read WHEN giveaway started, and refresh the page at the time specified and get your key. Got me and my friend two keys easilly.

There was a huge problem of inputting those keys into ANet's website since it was DOWN under the pressure, but you already got your key from Curse - no problem to wait for some time.

Being premium user didnt give you any advantage either, since keys were separated into premium and non-premium piles, so non-premiums got their keys easilly.

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802
    Originally posted by Wickedjelly

Not really.

This was a pretty tough beta to get into due to how many wanted to. I know plenty that were trying to get a key and weren't able to.

it was easy as hell to get into, I got 3 extra keys for friends from various giveaways.