Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What server are you going to?

Comments

• Blackstar347Blackstar347 Member UncommonPosts: 25

Sea of Sorrows is also the server that 4chan is heading to....keep that in mind.

Fort Aspenwood for me!

• DawnstarDawnstar Member UncommonPosts: 207
    Crystal Desert for me and my friends.
  • GrunimGrunim Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Originally posted by xmenty
    Tarnished Coast, no wow kids spamming on the chat.

That made me chuckle.  My guild for older adults chose Tarnished Coast.

• GamefunGamefun Member Posts: 290
    I'll probably end up on Tarnished Coast. The name fits, and I feel it will be a popular server to join. =o
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
  • cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    Originally posted by MikeB
    Jade Quarry, duh!

to bad we cant see in game names in world vs world as i want to grief you in wvw for all the bans =/

• sammandarsammandar Member Posts: 523
    Jade Quarry, duh!

pfft... get ready to get pummeled by Sanctum of Rall :-p

Originally posted by cronius77
    Jade Quarry, duh!

to bad we cant see in game names in world vs world as i want to grief you in wvw for all the bans =/

hahahaha...

Mike... you need to post a picture of your main, so we can be looking for you in WVW! :-)

got to kill me some mmorpg.com mods!

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

I wanted to go to Far Shiverpeaks at first, but since its both scandinavia (Im from scandinavia) AND DUTCH, I fear everyone will speak their own language (Dutch men Im looking at you O_O)

Gunnar's Hold, because most of the guilds are english and I prefer talking english - and its a PvP server.

Originally posted by MikeJezZ

I wanted to go to Far Shiverpeaks at first, but since its both scandinavia (Im from scandinavia) AND DUTCH, I fear everyone will speak their own language (Dutch men Im looking at you O_O)

Gunnar's Hold, because most of the guilds are english and I prefer talking english - and its a PvP server.

Always wanted to ask a Scandinavian this... and this is in all seriousness, I mean no offense:

What do Scandinavians think of the Norn?

Originally posted by sammandar

Always wanted to ask a Scandinavian this... and this is in all seriousness, I mean no offense:

better yet i want to know if you guys recruited techno viking from youtube yet , that dude is seriously one awesome awesome guy!!!

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990
    Probably Sanctum of Rall although still need to coordinate with my friends playing so it may change.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

Originally posted by Wickedjelly
    Probably Sanctum of Rall although still need to coordinate with my friends playing so it may change.

Sanctum of Rall is where its at! :-p

All my characters are going to be straight Norn no matter what Profession I decide to choose.

Did that answer your question enough? :)

(If we ignore the Norn dance, they are awesome)

i played on sanctum of rall also but there is WAY to many trolls moved to that server after the story . During beta 3 and stress tests the fighting in world vs world was just ridiculous. We had to do a server change to isle of janthir because SOR just seemed way to immature.
  • EberhardtEberhardt Member UncommonPosts: 157
    I think I decided on isles of Janthir...The community there in beta was incredibly nice.
    i played on sanctum of rall also but there is WAY to many trolls moved to that server after the story . During beta 3 and stress tests the fighting in world vs world was just ridiculous. We had to do a server change to isle of janthir because SOR just seemed way to immature.

hmmm... what kind of things were they trolling about and what things did they do that made them appear immature. Not questioning you, just curious. Only played in these last two stress tests, so I have no idea what its been like there.

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

“Aye, fight and you may die. Run and you’ll live — at least a while.

And, dying in your beds many years from now,

would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance,

just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives,

but they’ll never take our freedom!?!

I heard Tarnished Coast will RP braveheart speech, everytime we go all out for Wvw.

That is already a win for me.

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    I want to go to Jade Quarry as my guild is going there was wondering since it looks with all the former DAoC players are going there it's going to be crowded. Will it be any problem the crowding? Will the server have  limits or queues or anything like that?
    Chamber of Chains

hmmm... what kind of things were they trolling about and what things did they do that made them appear immature. Not questioning you, just curious. Only played in these last two stress tests, so I have no idea what its been like there.

lets see in the norn starting area some girl toon died with a group of about 4 players and got frustrated and bitching in chat so they trolled her hardcore with the typical learn to play your a f'n idiot posts. World vs World all 3 days would get going good until we were losing , then the constant arguing over who has the biggest Epeen would start. If an objective failed or something was captured by another team people would tell others how stupid they were , your typical know it all crap. Trust me Im not making anything up we played on that server the entire time since beta 3 and all the stress tests and we made a decision about a 10 days ago that we would move the guild to isle of janthir where a bunch of other world vs world guilds are.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Originally posted by Loke666
    Far Shiverpeaks. Spent the beta there and it had plenty of nice people. :)

Loke dont tell me your dutch ?

I played on Far Shiverpeaks for all the beta's ^^ it held the dutch community and the scandinavion / balkan community.

My main server now ill be desolation tough, for some reason i dont like playing with countrymen :P
    Always preferd international guilds and servers :)

Originally posted by Mothanos

I played on Far Shiverpeaks for all the beta's ^^ it held the dutch community and the scandinavion / balkan community.

My main server now ill be desolation tough, for some reason i dont like playing with countrymen :P

I know many danes will go Far Shiverpeaks.. You were in the btea. How bad was it, regarding people speaking their own language?

Im joining Gunnars Hold. Most guilds so far are in english, which I like. And most of them PvP guilds too. Mmmmmmm

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Nah, Swede. I really dont care, I played several games on US servers in the past but I just ended up there one way or another.

I was in a guild with a Dutch guildleader a few years back though. :)

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I know many danes will go Far Shiverpeaks.. You were in the btea. How bad was it, regarding people speaking their own language?

Im joining Gunnars Hold. Most guilds so far are in english, which I like. And most of them PvP guilds too. Mmmmmmm

No, not at all. Funny enough since it usually becomes like that.

But as I see it speaking your own language in the OCC is kinda rude. In the guilchat is fine though. 

Nah, Swede. I really dont care, I played several games on US servers in the past but I just ended up there one way or another.

I was in a guild with a Dutch guildleader a few years back though. :)

Mothanos, you can see that he's swede when he has long hair on his avatar :P