Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So who will be sacraficing sleep?

Comments

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

Luck was with me for once.  I missed the first two BWE's because of a busy Summer weekend schedule.  For launch I'm totally clear Friday night and all day Saturday. 

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051
    Originally posted by Mithrandolir
    Originally posted by Eluldor
    I'm flying across country that day, so I may not even go to sleep and just crash on the plain ride :)

When I fly across country, I try really hard not to crash on the plain.

;)

hahaha image

• NailzzzNailzzz Member UncommonPosts: 515

When i first saw the thread i thought it said :"Who is sacrificing sheep?". I wasnt about to be outdone, but fortunately for the sheep i kidnapped from the agriculture dept of the nearest high school, i noticed my mistake in reading the thread title. OP almost made me a sheep killer.

• Slyther_ZeroSlyther_Zero Member Posts: 127

Originally posted by ozmono
    Originally posted by Slyther_Zero For once in my whole time on this planet. Us aussies get a launch that isn't an absurd time of day! 5PM on a Saturday, which is so perfect for me seeming i usually dont get upto till midday :)
    Yeah it's tops. Even better if they launch a few hours earlier like they may.

Yeah mate, here's hoping! Your on Sea of Sorrows server yeah?

• ElesdeeElesdee Member UncommonPosts: 44
    GOnna go live 3am here (eastern) but im working till 11:00. Im gonna go to sleep for 3 hours then stay awake for 24 hours
  • JZeroVNJZeroVN Member Posts: 46
    Since I'm in PDT if they come up 3 hours early that's only 9pm so I can easily get a bunch of play time in without much sacrifice.  If the servers are running well I'm sure I'll say up several hours late the first night.  After that I'll go right back to regular schedule by Sunday night... I hope.  :)
  • ozmonoozmono Member UncommonPosts: 1,211
    Originally posted by Slyther_Zero

Originally posted by ozmono

Originally posted by Slyther_Zero For once in my whole time on this planet. Us aussies get a launch that isn't an absurd time of day! 5PM on a Saturday, which is so perfect for me seeming i usually dont get upto till midday :)
    Yeah it's tops. Even better if they launch a few hours earlier like they may.

Yeah mate, here's hoping! Your on Sea of Sorrows server yeah?

No haven't choosen my server yet. I will probably go anvil rock since I played on it in the stress test and beta weekends.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    It's not like something fancy happens at launch though to be fair...

with character names being global you have very little chance to get a name you want in some cases.. so i think its a worthy reason to stay up for it

Not if you don't use common names ;) I usually don't have any trouble with the names I use. Moreso now that names are two or three parters.

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531

It was supposed to start at 9am my time at saturday but after they stated it will be 3 hours earlier it would be at 6am so I will definately be awake between 5-5:30am and try to login in time. :p

I don't mind since I actually have to wake up at 4am every day (except weekends) and if I have between 5 to 6 hours sleep I'm good. ^_^

Till I'll have to grind in GW1 cause I'm still missing 3 sapphires and 1 ruby to finish my vabbi armor and reach 30 points in my HoM. :/

I hope I will be able to make it since I'm off work earlier today.

• I work graveyard so I'll be at work, on my laptop and free internet, eating my free food and drink and playing GW2 all night while getting paid for it.

>:3

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    I'm already having problems sleeping and it doesn't start for another 24hrs!!!!!

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• trash656trash656 Member UncommonPosts: 361

I don't think Any new MMORPG now a days is worth losing sleep over, especially GW2. It's a descent game, and like it, but still none of these new themepark MMORPG's can compare to the old ones. Now if you told me back in 1999 if I was going to stay up to try Everquest I would say yes, if you asked me If I was going to stay up to try Shadowbane. Yes. SWG Pre ngre.. hell yes... SWTOR? hell no, AoC? no, GW2? no, the secret world?,  no (Eventhough I like TSW) none of these new mmo's are worth losing sleep over. New doesn't mean quality, new also doesn't mean great either. Maybe it's because I'm 32 years old now, and I've been playing MMO's for so long, I've become numb to them, I dont know, but the new MMO's are just not the same as they used to be. But that's just my opinion, and my opinion doesn't mean crap :)

It's nice to finally see a MMORPG that everyone is excited about though. They put in alot of hard work into the game and I'm very impressed with it.

Cheers,

-Trash

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    I'll stay up long enough to try to get good names.  The fact that it's B2P means I feel far less driven to burn through the game.  I was never a fanboy of the game and so I have different expectations from the game as well.  I imagine it will be a casual game for me.
  • xposeidonxposeidon Member Posts: 384
    Pff sleeping well and waking up bright early in the morning for a great launch... Oh wait I have to get my character names... Nevermind :(

Remember... all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.

• strangepowersstrangepowers Member UncommonPosts: 630

Can you say polyphasic sleep? Supposedly worked for da Vinci. Biphasic (4.5 hours major sleep episode and one 90 minute nap) is my preference.

• DawnstarDawnstar Member UncommonPosts: 207
    Too old to stay up all night gaming.  Will get off work at 10:30pm PST tonite, go home, reserve names, maybe play a short time, then bed.  Fortunately, took 3 days vacation for just such an emergency!
  • CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    I got it covered! sleep at 3 pm, wake at 1 am when the servers open.

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802
    woke up early, not of purpose, cant sleep.. so I think a good nap is in store later and we shall see how long I last then. I plan on playing more tomorrow than tonight.

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379
    Sleep is a crutch. Luckily the semester just started last week so no projects are due nor is there anything else to pull me away from Tyria because I planned accordingly and took care of shopping, chores, etc.... While I don not plan to lose sleep, I know this weekend will not be restful because the excitement makes it tough to lay still for to long. Yes, I dig the game that much and it's been a while since a game captivated my thoughts when not playing it the way Anet has managed to do.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

been working since I was 15 and I'm 41 now, and I have never been so happy to go to frikkin work before!

The sooner I get in to work tonight, the sooner I get done at 1am and the sooner I get to playing some GW2!

Today is a great day to be a gamer!

• itsbigmikeitsbigmike Member Posts: 86
    No sleep sacrificed here, I'll be chugging about 1/3 a bottle of nyquil at ~6-7PM CST, then waking up at 2AM  super refreshed

twitch.tv/boonmackle

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379
    Oh, and since they aren't around our community I'll go ahead and say everyone at Anet. Let's not forget them in our merriment. I anticipate a long weekend for them......

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• MrlogicMrlogic Member Posts: 178
    I am stocked up on beer, potato chips and cappuccino (ignoring possible errors in teh calculation this is all I need) and sleep?.. no.. no sleep for the next three days... took monday off far in advance :)
  • AirwrenAirwren Member UncommonPosts: 648
    Originally posted by trash656

I don't think Any new MMORPG now a days is worth losing sleep over, especially GW2. It's a descent game, and like it, but still none of these new themepark MMORPG's can compare to the old ones. Now if you told me back in 1999 if I was going to stay up to try Everquest I would say yes, if you asked me If I was going to stay up to try Shadowbane. Yes. SWG Pre ngre.. hell yes... SWTOR? hell no, AoC? no, GW2? no, the secret world?,  no (Eventhough I like TSW) none of these new mmo's are worth losing sleep over. New doesn't mean quality, new also doesn't mean great either. Maybe it's because I'm 32 years old now, and I've been playing MMO's for so long, I've become numb to them, I dont know, but the new MMO's are just not the same as they used to be. But that's just my opinion, and my opinion doesn't mean crap :)

It's nice to finally see a MMORPG that everyone is excited about though. They put in alot of hard work into the game and I'm very impressed with it.

Cheers,

-Trash

Your post pretty much sums up my thoughts for the most part.  God I used to lose a lot of sleep and productivity over SWG and even vanilla WoW (damn raid times).  I am ready for GW2 to launch but tbh I think as I stated on these forums before, SW:TOR was the last MMO I think I'll ever really be 'excited' about and unfortunately that wore off really quick.  Hype has lost its hold on me to the point where I don't plan on staying up for the launch, will join my guild mates at some point in the day tomorrow. lol

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

Wait what? Go home after work and go to bed. Should be able to get in about 6hrs before launch. Hell, for me it isn't even a training day so I got all the time I need.