Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OMG Last minute disaster!

124»

Comments

• legendsololegendsolo Member UncommonPosts: 81
    why no charr love?

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

I am in the same boat as you, exactly the same boat.

I think i am going for the Asura, so you better go for the humans.

Personally i think with the awesome annimations and the asumed advantage (small size) in PvP that the Asura will be overplayed like hell

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by BadSpock
    Originally posted by star
    Human! They have the second/third best heavy cultural armor, and T3 is just perfect for guardians.

Only armor I want is from dungeons (that I've seen), none of the racial really called out to me except for the Sylvari because they are so unique.

File:Asura-NoblemansSet-Heavy.jpg

IS is just me or do Asura armors lack some detail trough to their small size?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• KrossliteKrosslite Member Posts: 317
    Originally posted by aesperus

Go w/ Asura spock... it's all about the ears.

Plus... you can kinda look like megaman.

yes the ears do work better for the Asura and your avatar here. plus the logical egotisum

A MMO is like life. It is something to cherish and enjoy upon in it journey. So why race to the end of it. In life at the end you die.

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

Poll is invalid.

Norn is not there as an option.

• ghstravnghstravn Member UncommonPosts: 4
    If you're only concerned with style points go human because the weapons just look tiny and insignificant on asura, given the amazing weapon artwork it's criminal how small they scale them on the smaller models.
  • k-damagek-damage Member CommonPosts: 738
    Originally posted by Badaboom

Im undecided as well.  Was sure I was going to be an Asura thief but am considering a norn thief.  The biggest, fatest, ugliest one I can create.  Kill someone, /Carlton dance

Haha yes. 

***** Before hitting that reply button, please READ the WHOLE thread you're about to post in *****

• Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636
    Play human - because the Asura are like Gnomes - and Gnomes are an abomination! :)
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Yes the armour lacks detail because of their size for the Asura.
    Chamber of Chains
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Asura guardian makes no sence lorewise. So i would go for human to feel more consistent.

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015
    Originally posted by Lobotomist
    Asura guardian makes no sence lorewise. So i would go for human to feel more consistent.

You're not trying hard enough. Asura creates hard light technology to replicate human guardian powers. BAM. Win.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Still can't decide 100%.

I might make my Warrior a Human and Guardian an Asura.

Sylvari Mesmer excites me too.

AHHH!!

I'll be thinking about this all day...

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

Still can't decide 100%.

I might make my Warrior a Human and Guardian an Asura.

Sylvari Mesmer excites me too.

AHHH!!

I'll be thinking about this all day...

that sounds like a fine compromise actually.

• ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722
    Go play a Panda in WoW instead. Sure it's the wrong game, but you won't get a headache from trying to choose anymore.
  • NaeviusNaevius Member UncommonPosts: 334

Consider this...

Asura are hilarious, (especially with a hammer,) BUT you can barely see their armor, and even the most epic gear looks silly on one.

Hope that made it easier. :)

• SimplefoxSimplefox Member Posts: 11

I'm torn between human and asura for my main as well, and for the same reasons.

Voted for (and leaning towards) human, because the asura's schtick might get old eventually.

"Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo." - H. G. Wells

I enjoy both so much...

So if I'm making a Guardian and a Warrior, I feel better about an Asura Guardian and a Human Warrior than an Asura Warrior and Human Guardian.

And based on the names I want to use the silly name works better for the Asura.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Dear lord, really...
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

Originally posted by Betaguy
    Dear lord, really...

If ya can't have fun... don't join the party!

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by Betaguy
    Dear lord, really...

If ya can't have fun... don't join the party!

Ya~! What a fun conundrum party...

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• XithrylXithryl Member UncommonPosts: 256
    Originally posted by Naevius

Consider this...

Asura are hilarious, (especially with a hammer,) BUT you can barely see their armor, and even the most epic gear looks silly on one.

What?! In Guild Wars 2 you can actually see armor on all races, and armor isn't all weird and cut off like in other games depending on race.

I just saw the racial armors as well, they are amazing... In the end you have to choose what race you really want to login and see, for me this is Asura. Good luck in your decision making!

• dzoni87dzoni87 Member Posts: 541

I was totally and fully 100% commited to making a human male, but after reviewing some of my screenshots from BWE and Stress Tests and watching some gameplay videos, I simply cannot decide between Asura and Human!

HELP!

Pro's/Con's

Human - I like the story and "themes" of human toons better, and Divinity's Reach is amazing.

Asura - Unique, amazing animations, so cute and funny and brilliantly bastardly.

I can't decide!

BadSpock's Guardian - Human or Asura?

Oh, you Bookah...

Asura of course :)

Main MMO at the moment: Guild Wars 2
    Waiting for: Pathfinder Online

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578

Spock, your father was right, your mothers human weakness shows in you..BAD SPOCK!

You know the drill bro harken back to your vulkan roots and play whatever is most logical to you at the moment, theres plenty of time to play the illogical choice at a later time!

Playing GW2..

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Originally posted by Naevius

Consider this...

This man said it. When I play heavy armor type class I never choose the small race because armors never look that great on them ..and even if they make some good looking, you'd be too small for anyone to notice :)))

• donquackdonquack Member Posts: 6
    asura. Thackery never learned bro's before hoe's