Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

One thing GW2 has done to consistently raise the bar

13»

Comments

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751
    Yeah, real smooth.....

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• odinsrathodinsrath Member UncommonPosts: 814

the only bar i see being raised is the hype bar

all i see is them cashing in a quick buck on the mmorpg theampark era ..not to mention tossing in cash shops

• NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790
    Originally posted by kaiser3282

@Nikkita  - You must have missed, or chose to ignore (for extra troll) points exactly what i quoted you on in the other thread about the character select stuff. You were in that thread claiming "everyone on planet Earth" (your own words) was having those problems, when obviously they werent. So yes "some" were having those issues. Grats on being too dense to remember your own words once again.

You sure it was me? because i said no such thing. If you care to show me the post i will admit i was wrong.

Its funny you should talk about my reading comprehension when you apparently cant even read your own babbling, let alone the part where I said I was playing as well. Not just Ikeda. I also never accused anyone of trolling about the login errors that hit over an hour ago. I actually specifically pointed out that that was acknowledged by Anet in the other thread as well, but NOT the character select stuff you mentioned.

So you and Ikeda had no problems that means everyone else is trolling? yes that is exactly what you said. You even tried to downplay the whole thing and till i mentioned about Facebook and twitter thing you didn't even know about it.

You seem to like somehow interpreting my words directed at some specific people (like yourself) who are trolling and claiming isolated cases of certain issues are impacting every player, as me saying anyone who says they have any problem is trolling. Some issues are widesread, some arent. You claiming every problem you as an individual have as known fact that EVERY player is having it, is nothing mor ethan ridiculous trolling.

*slow clap for the special kid* 

Once again you fail to show me where i said 'everyone is goign through same issues'.  Is it really that hard for yout to quote the post? it was your interpretation that people complaining here about log in problems are somehow trying to give an impression that 'everyone' is having same issues. The point was brought up by you and not by me or anyone else.

And yet you fail to show otherwise. Only because you can insult me doesn't mean you are right.

So clap for you too.

Still waiting for you to show the posts to prove the things you have been accusing me for. I will be waiting.

Bite Me

• APRIMEAPRIME Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Originally posted by Syno23

Smooth launches. Think about it.

SW:TOR we had the queue times and couldn't get in until all of our names were taken. That's no way to start a launch. In waves, yeah right. Most launches like Warhammer and Age of Conan were terrible. MMO launches are bad.

But GW2 has tested their servers weeks and days in advance in order to make sure that they will have the perfect launch. No crashes, no queue times, just log in and play with a good connection, that's all.

WTH!?!?  I almost spit my coffee all over my screen when I read the first 5 words.  A little bit of warning next time.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by ScribZ

Funny thing hind site is huh. At this time on the GW2 launch, no crashes (can't tell, can't log in), no queue times (can't get past the login server to get into a queue if they had them), just log in and play with a good connection (those that did get in earlier to snag a server slot and make characters were met with tons of lag, some got disconnected it was so bad). Oh and last but not least, couldnt' get in until all of our names were gone (I got in 14 minutes after 0:00 PST headstart launch time, all but 4 servers were already full, and the one I did get on.....6 of my 10 desired names were already taken - and since your stuck with the server you pick BEFORE you can see if all your names are gone, you have NO choice but to take whats left or make new ones).

So to quote your OP....That's no way to start a launch....................

Yet another example of what im talking about. The part in red is the type of stuff im talking about. "I" had lag, automatically = everyone had lag to some of you. I personally had no lag at all on my end on Sanctum of Rall. But those who did have lag (or in some cases dont know the differenc ebetween laga nd slow performance on their own PC), automatically assume every player in the game is having the same issue they are.

Also gotta love the whole "someone took my name" thing and throwing it in with technical issues as if it is Anets fault you couldnt come up with something less generic.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by Nikkita

@Nikkita  - You must have missed, or chose to ignore (for extra troll) points exactly what i quoted you on in the other thread about the character select stuff. You were in that thread claiming "everyone on planet Earth" (your own words) was having those problems, when obviously they werent. So yes "some" were having those issues. Grats on being too dense to remember your own words once again.

You sure it was me? because i said no such thing. If you care to show me the post i will admit i was wrong.

Its funny you should talk about my reading comprehension when you apparently cant even read your own babbling, let alone the part where I said I was playing as well. Not just Ikeda. I also never accused anyone of trolling about the login errors that hit over an hour ago. I actually specifically pointed out that that was acknowledged by Anet in the other thread as well, but NOT the character select stuff you mentioned.

So you and Ikeda had no problems that means everyone else is trolling? yes that is exactly what you said. You even tried to downplay the whole thing and till i mentioned about Facebook and twitter thing you didn't even know about it.

You seem to like somehow interpreting my words directed at some specific people (like yourself) who are trolling and claiming isolated cases of certain issues are impacting every player, as me saying anyone who says they have any problem is trolling. Some issues are widesread, some arent. You claiming every problem you as an individual have as known fact that EVERY player is having it, is nothing mor ethan ridiculous trolling.

*slow clap for the special kid* 

Once again you fail to show me where i said 'everyone is goign through same issues'.  Is it really that hard for yout to quote the post? it was your interpretation that people complaining here about log in problems are somehow trying to give an impression that 'everyone' is having same issues. The point was brought up by you and not by me or anyone else.

And yet you fail to show otherwise. Only because you can insult me doesn't mean you are right.

So clap for you too.

Still waiting for you to show the posts to prove the things you have been accusing me for. I will be waiting.

Ok correction, it was rdrpappy who made the original post i quoted about everyone having the character select issues, and I said it was not everyone. But then it was you who insisted they posted it about it on facebook and twitter (which was a lie, becaus ethey did not acknowledge that at all). As I said in my post there, they acknowledged the login server issues (and dont be so proud of yourself, i was looking at it well before you mentioned it. twitter and FB arent exactly a secret....)

Now, i think issue here still comes down to your failed ability to read. You said "It is a widespread issue". If by "it" you mean the login server problems, yes it is. But thats not what I was talking about in my post which you quoted and replied to with "it is a widespread issue". I was quoting someone who said "overflow switching was kicking everyone on planet Earth out to the character selection". So maybe you should pay attention to what is being talked about, rather than quoting others who  re talking about 1 thing, then referring to an entirely different subject without actually stating what it is youre talking about.

• vesuviasvesuvias Member UncommonPosts: 151
    Originally posted by DSWBeef
    Uhh rift had the smoothest launch ive ever seen. Tsw a close second.

The issues with most launches are simply issues with scale. When you only have to deal with a "few" hundred thousand gamers pounding on your servers its quite different than dealing with a "few" million. Neither of those games launched with anywhere near the popularity of GW2 or D3. 

The appology response from Anet will be something along the lines "We were not prepared" for the number of people that logged in day one. The've built enough positive hype that they will servive this just fine. These forums however we become a bastion of haters "feasting on the tears" of fanboys. So grab some popcorn, we can't play GW2 anyway :).

• ScribZScribZ Member Posts: 424

Funny thing hind site is huh. At this time on the GW2 launch, no crashes (can't tell, can't log in), no queue times (can't get past the login server to get into a queue if they had them), just log in and play with a good connection (those that did get in earlier to snag a server slot and make characters were met with tons of lag, some got disconnected it was so bad). Oh and last but not least, couldnt' get in until all of our names were gone (I got in 14 minutes after 0:00 PST headstart launch time, all but 4 servers were already full, and the one I did get on.....6 of my 10 desired names were already taken - and since your stuck with the server you pick BEFORE you can see if all your names are gone, you have NO choice but to take whats left or make new ones).

So to quote your OP....That's no way to start a launch....................

Yet another example of what im talking about. The part in red is the type of stuff im talking about. "I" had lag, automatically = everyone had lag to some of you. I personally had no lag at all on my end on Sanctum of Rall. But those who did have lag (or in some cases dont know the differenc ebetween laga nd slow performance on their own PC), automatically assume every player in the game is having the same issue they are.

Also gotta love the whole "someone took my name" thing and throwing it in with technical issues as if it is Anets fault you couldnt come up with something less generic.

Ok, lets set the stage for you Kaiser, I am an Engineer by trade. I am the guy that keeps your internet working, the backbone of your gaming world. I know FAR more than you do on what causes the lag in these games than MOST on the planet, I have been doing this since the internet was invented (yes I am that old). I do know what causes lag and what is slow performance on my own PC (there is by the way NO performance issues on my own PC, my bet is you, your mommy and your daddy combined couldnt even afford to buy what I have in my home office and play my games on). So lets cut the bullshit friend shall we. You are having a bad day because your game of choice is not perfoming to the 100% specs you thought it should be and everyone is seeing it. Dont come on here calling everyone a liar because you are having a bad day. Personally I think everyone, and I do mean EVERYONE on these forums has been VERY patient with you and YOUR attitude in the past couple of hours. But that patients is starting to run VERY thin with some of us. Cut it out, go shopping, go watch TV, go do something, ANYTHING that will get you away from your current anger issues, because I for one am at my ropes end just reading the trash you are dumping out of your lips on here.

You dont know me, dont assume you do. You have no right to do so. And yes I am taking this personally, you swung the first attack against me to help further your trash comments against others. Sorry to burst your bubble bud, but I am not the kind to sit idly by and just take it. TIme for you to shut up. My comments were a reflection of my own personal experience and the knowledge gathered from reading EVERY SINGLE POST ON THESE FORUMS IN THE PAST 2 HOURS. Combine that with the phone conference I have up right now with 9 of my player friends from around the world telling me what they too have experienced so far.

• MMOwandererMMOwanderer Member Posts: 415
    Originally posted by vesuvias
    Originally posted by DSWBeef
    Uhh rift had the smoothest launch ive ever seen. Tsw a close second.

The issues with most launches are simply issues with scale. When you only have to deal with a "few" hundred thousand gamers pounding on your servers its quite different than dealing with a "few" million. Neither of those games launched with anywhere near the popularity of GW2 or D3. 

The appology response from Anet will be something along the lines "We were not prepared" for the number of people that logged in day one. The've built enough positive hype that they will servive this just fine. These forums however we become a bastion of haters "feasting on the tears" of fanboys. So grab some popcorn, we can't play GW2 anyway :).

?

Rift had a million.

TSW had less than 550k

Diablo had millions upon millions

SWTOR had 2 million

Do you have any indicator of how many GW2 as?

• SluskeSluske Member UncommonPosts: 56

Ok, lets set the stage for you Kaiser, I am an Engineer by trade. I am the guy that keeps your internet working, the backbone of your gaming world. I know FAR more than you do on what causes the lag in these games than MOST on the planet, I have been doing this since the internet was invented (yes I am that old). I do know what causes lag and what is slow performance on my own PC (there is by the way NO performance issues on my own PC, my bet is you, your mommy and your daddy combined couldnt even afford to buy what I have in my home office and play my games on). So lets cut the bullshit friend shall we. You are having a bad day because your game of choice is not perfoming to the 100% specs you thought it should be and everyone is seeing it. Dont come on here calling everyone a liar because you are having a bad day. Personally I think everyone, and I do mean EVERYONE on these forums has been VERY patient with you and YOUR attitude in the past couple of hours. But that patients is starting to run VERY thin with some of us. Cut it out, go shopping, go watch TV, go do something, ANYTHING that will get you away from your current anger issues, because I for one am at my ropes end just reading the trash you are dumping out of your lips on here.

You dont know me, dont assume you do. You have no right to do so. And yes I am taking this personally, you swung the first attack against me to help further your trash comments against others. Sorry to burst your bubble bud, but I am not the kind to sit idly by and just take it. TIme for you to shut up. My comments were a reflection of my own personal experience and the knowledge gathered from reading EVERY SINGLE POST ON THESE FORUMS IN THE PAST 2 HOURS. Combine that with the phone conference I have up right now with 9 of my player friends from around the world telling me what they too have experienced so far.

My dad is stronger then your dad.

• ScribZScribZ Member Posts: 424
    Originally posted by Sluske

Hahaha!! Sorry bout that one, seriously, this dude just got under my skin assumin WAY too much. I'll behave now.

• SluskeSluske Member UncommonPosts: 56
    Originally posted by Sluske

Hahaha!! Sorry bout that one, seriously, this dude just got under my skin assumin WAY too much. I'll behave now.

No worries mate, these forums are even more comedy then usual today.