Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Positive player testimony

Comments

• chry401chry401 Member Posts: 1

I starting playing this game from day one because I knew many of its creators from  AirWarrior and Warbirds

I remember the horrible start that it got off to and how the focus of the game changed a few times, occasionally  in ways that ticked me off a bit

I hadn't played for a few years because my online time was consumed with getting pwned by me teenaged son on XBOX, so I had kind of lost track of WWIIOnline for a while

I resubbed recently out of curiousity and I was surprised to see the reaction that i had to it.....

There is NO game online that compares to this... not even close

No other PvP game gets my heartrate up and gives me the "feel" of being in the field like this one

No BFx , CoDx etc sets you up with so much REALISM as this one

No rocket jumps, no suits of magic armour, no second chances..... just you and the other guys 

Now I remember why this game is so ADDICTIVE  :-)

Love and Hate are two sides of the same coin, and I can totally understand the "Haterz" for being so passionate about the game

It just doesn't make any sense to slag it here...sure, there's lots of stuff that I think could've, should've, would've been done better....

but in the end, this is a unique experience and it's clearly not for everyone, especially if you're not the type that is mature enough to accept responsibility for getting owned

WWIIOnline and it's cousins, Warbirds and AcesHigh have never gotten the credit that they deserve because they don't give the average gamer the ego strokes that kiddies need to stay hooked

If you could play this game with an XBox controller, or take multiple bullet wounds and keep fighting, or all the crap that people bitched and whined about graphics wise, it would just be another shooter that gets played for a month or two then put on the shelf forever (my son has a million or so of those)

I've been around for a bit gaming-wise, I still remember having to key in lines of code from a magazine to play games on a computer, and I've been on field exercises where I've gotten that "pump" from feeling like your life is on the line and in my opinion, WWIIOnline is the ONLY computer game that recreates that experience authentically

It's a masterpiece, flawed in some respects, way ahead of it's time in others, but a masterpiece just the same.

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129

S! 1st Jaguers chimming in.

Game is great, it's just a niche game for military/history guys.

I hope the new model works, ....but I do still there needs to be more F2P options

• StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387

"Keep going back to this game, the graphics may look like balls but the game completely makes up for it - 10 minutes in to your first firefight and you will forget all about it (or enjoy some nostalgia). If you are looking for a REAL MMOFPS, as in a MASSIVE seamless world where the frontlines of battle are pushed back and forward by the actions of every participant... this is your game."

20/09/2012

• maxiozmaxioz Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by chry401

I starting playing this game from day one because I knew many of its creators from  AirWarrior and Warbirds

I remember the horrible start that it got off to and how the focus of the game changed a few times, occasionally  in ways that ticked me off a bit

I hadn't played for a few years because my online time was consumed with getting pwned by me teenaged son on XBOX, so I had kind of lost track of WWIIOnline for a while

I resubbed recently out of curiousity and I was surprised to see the reaction that i had to it.....

There is NO game online that compares to this... not even close

No other PvP game gets my heartrate up and gives me the "feel" of being in the field like this one

No BFx , CoDx etc sets you up with so much REALISM as this one

No rocket jumps, no suits of magic armour, no second chances..... just you and the other guys 

Now I remember why this game is so ADDICTIVE  :-)

Love and Hate are two sides of the same coin, and I can totally understand the "Haterz" for being so passionate about the game

It just doesn't make any sense to slag it here...sure, there's lots of stuff that I think could've, should've, would've been done better....

but in the end, this is a unique experience and it's clearly not for everyone, especially if you're not the type that is mature enough to accept responsibility for getting owned

WWIIOnline and it's cousins, Warbirds and AcesHigh have never gotten the credit that they deserve because they don't give the average gamer the ego strokes that kiddies need to stay hooked

If you could play this game with an XBox controller, or take multiple bullet wounds and keep fighting, or all the crap that people bitched and whined about graphics wise, it would just be another shooter that gets played for a month or two then put on the shelf forever (my son has a million or so of those)

I've been around for a bit gaming-wise, I still remember having to key in lines of code from a magazine to play games on a computer, and I've been on field exercises where I've gotten that "pump" from feeling like your life is on the line and in my opinion, WWIIOnline is the ONLY computer game that recreates that experience authentically

It's a masterpiece, flawed in some respects, way ahead of it's time in others, but a masterpiece just the same.

Very good post :), S!

• axishatraxishatr Member UncommonPosts: 167
    Originally posted by horseshack
    Originally posted by Stug
    "Best Game I've ever played. 500+ towns to take. Campaigns can go for weeks on end. Bombing is awesome -- can bomb bridges, tanks, destroyers etc. Really awesome when you get army, air and navy units working together to capture a town." 
    -- from anonymous player in 2008

Fixed it for you. 

So very true!

"Really Enjoying the Game" Thread

"gday

got the game a few days ago and was surprised by how large scale the whole game is ! im still really green and getting killed a lot but thats all part of learning , i joined a great squad in 1st assualt and hope to do more sorties and learning with them

cpl issues i have though is im getting crash to desktop issues when switching personas sometimes and trying to learn all the new chat that i dont understand will take some gettin use to is there like a ww2o dictionary for all the abbreviations ???"

"Love the game too. Free play lured me in and within two days i did the 1 month subscription to get a better feel for the game to decide if I wanna do a 6month sub or not."

http://forums.battlegroundeurope.com/showthread.php?t=400407

• rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329
    Looks like CS&R is lagging a couple of weeks.  I played last night and my last activities are from Sept 21st. 
  • TontomanTontoman Member Posts: 196

As the realism and difficulty thing keeps getting harped, do they still have the minimap with location updates and the cyber location implants in heads of your squad mates?

Hope you realise as you keep harping that folks have problems with the game because it's too realistic or too hard... that the vets posting here are complaining more because it's actually been dumbed down so much.

"I love this game I have been playing if for about 3 years now and it gets my heart pumping every time I play, capturing a control point always has me on the edge of my seat. I'm not a great Pilot but when you get up there with a bunch of guys all on teamspeak and things go your way it is just awesome, the best WWII flight sim since IL2 if you ask me, and it supports Track IR (wish I could afford Track IR)

When your not in the mood for a dog fight you can Jump into a bomber for some high altitude bombing. This game has everything land, air, and sea infantry, tanks, anti air and anti tank guns, trucks, tractors, river boats, destroyers, merchant ships, Fighters, Fighter Bombers, bombers, even transport planes for paratroopers.

This game even uses logistics if you bomb a factory it affects enemy production so don't just despawn that tank take it back to base first tanks don't just grow on trees you know!"

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    Guys, please do not call out specific players. 

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

• rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329

...but it is intriguing when you see a person who obviously enjoyed the game enough to post a positive word about it, not playing anymore.  Especially those who only played a short while.  What went wrong with their experience? 

"When I started about 2 and a half months ago, I remember spawning in at some random fb and having no clue what to do, somebody noticed and came up to me and helped be out. He showed me to some of the more active missions and told me what various abbreviation were, how to use the map, how to PM, etc. Because of that, I was able to find out how amazing this game is and bought a membership a month later.

Anyways, if you see somebody struggling, help them out. They will (hopefully) be really thankful and might end up sticking around.

"

"WWIIOL is so epic it divides by zero .
    I started playing it over 10 years ago and [rutger hauer]I've seen things you people wouldn't believe[/rutger hauer] . I've been in battles over cities that raged for days in real time...

It is truely unique and gameplay trumphs graphics hardcore !"

"Although WWIIO is maybe one of the best games ive played in concept, it lacks the playability for everyone who is not a hardcore gamer. You're often forced to wait for the commands, figuring out how and what to do, and a sudden air raid on your tank column can kill you... And you're dead, and you just wasted a lot of time for effectively being target practice. Just an example.

However, if you take the time to learn, this is an amazing game. It's focused on teamwork and 'being a small part in the greater whole' and the battles can be immense. It's a great investment. Just make sure you are willing to take the time to get into it, and to spend it. It's worth it."
  • AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    The thread is about positive player reactions. Just because negative ones exist that doesn't mean it's okay to derail this one with them.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

"This game has been active since 1999 and I've been playing it A LOT since 2007. It's a great MMO simulation war game that is COMPLETELY unique on the market.

Try it out, you wont regret it :) (unless you only like super fast paced gaming)."

"It is fun because when you die you have to run another half an hour! What? This makes no sense - maybe. I mean, I didn't thought that before either, but now I'm having more and more fun just to survive as long as possible and maybe get one or two kills if I'm lucky.

Like yesterday in Liege: the west side was mostly controlled by Axis and the east side by Allies. I just got the anti tank guy unlocked. So I wanted to try it out on this one Allied tank standing on the west side of the river behind a little wall. It was not so easy to get near to the tank. There was also a sniper or something in the church tower on the other side of the river and possibly some more stuff. Eventually I managed to get right in front of the tank but because of the wall I couldn't really get my AT rifle into position. So I lay there for a few minutes not daring to stand up as left and right my comrades were falling. Finally I put down some smoke grenades and crawled back to find a better place. With my last smoke grenades I then managed to get into a building across the street from which I could get a better view on the tank. I found a nice window to set up my rifle and got three shots off. Then I died. Apparently the shots didn't hit anything important.

This was actually fun, just surviving so long and I could have survived even longer if I had escaped after getting three shots off...but you know, maybe just one more would have done it, just one more..."

"I have played wwii since it first came out and beleive me , it has one of the highest replayability rates of any game. The fight is never the same twice, your not confined to any arena, everyone is on the same battlefield, grab a bomber from the rear, and go bomb the fight, or grab Fighter or AAA and tear down the bombers, snag a tank and tear up the AAA, break out the ATG and smoke the tanks, pull out the machinegunner and mow down the ATGs, mortars, paratroopers, whatever your pleasure. I could go on all day about this game..."

08/10/2012

The grest thing about WWIIOL is the fact that you have a choice of the pace of the game you want to play, that this player testimony catches so very well:

"What I like about this game is that if I want to spawn in and charge at capture points shooting at anything that moves, I can find a mobile spawn (or spend 5 mins making my own) nice and close to the action and go for it. But if I want to spend 20-30 minutes driving a tank into a battle from a neighbouring town or unusual direction in the hopes of causing panic, I can."

10/10/2012

So you can actually choose to spend time traversing the half sized map Europe, be it flying in from a a rear airfield to get altitude before you reach the target, or choose to get a tactical advantage by swinging the Anti-Tank guns your towing out onto the enemy flanks.

Or, just spawn into the town under attack and try to fight the defenders off!

"I've played many MMOs in my time, but this game is the only one I've always come back to, time and time again. Fantastic, that is the best way to describe this game."

17/10/2012

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542
    Originally posted by Stug

"This game has been active since 1999 and I've been playing it A LOT since 2007. It's a great MMO simulation war game that is COMPLETELY unique on the market.

Try it out, you wont regret it :) (unless you only like super fast paced gaming)."

Who said that?  Because WWIIOL has not been around since 1999.

So much crap, so little quality.

Can't name name but you can find the post. I guess they got the date wrong - people aren't perect, no?

"This game is by far the only mmo i've come back to. Really fun, and the community is just great."

17/10/2012

"This is a unique game. I have been a member off and on since the beginning (Originally called World War II: Online Blitzkrieg) in 1999. Not everyone likes it, some say it is a waste of time. But there is no doubt that the nostalgia I get from this (and vanilla/bc WoW) are the best times of gaming that I have ever had. It is worth a try from EVERYONE!"

21/10/2102

• antipropaantipropa Member Posts: 21
    This is all made up feedback.  The same person posting over and over again.  What a terrible deal and an obvious scam to trick people.
This discussion has been closed.