Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What race has the best dance moves...

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk0xZqUuNNk (contains actual ingame dances, some might consider it spoilers)

Personally i would say Asura, followed by humans..

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

Every day I'm shufflin'!

Also, as for Norn, they win for the silliest dance...but also the lamest lol :).

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571

It was a close one but I went for the Asura. The Charr wasn't quite right but the Human dance was pretty cool, be my 2nd choice.

Edited to remove spoilers

• clumsytoes44clumsytoes44 Member UncommonPosts: 463
    Honestly the asuran have all the best emote's i've tried. /laugh on asura has to be the best. Just my opinion though.
  • MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

for me it's human followed closely by asura!

• KillHurtKillHurt Member Posts: 347
    Charr's was...mediocre at best.

• Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741
    Originally posted by clumsytoes44
    Honestly the asuran have all the best emote's i've tried. /laugh on asura has to be the best. Just my opinion though.

Agree.   Everything from the Asrua jump animation, to their laugh and dance, is just hilarious.   Reminds me a little of the Taru Taru from FFXI.   Everyone played them just to do that silly panic emote.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    The humans' dance is fun... too bad it's from that awful, retarded LMFAO song.
  • gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    The humans' dance is fun... too bad it's from that awful, retarded LMFAO song.

By awful and retarded i think you mean crazy awesome.

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

Originally posted by KillHurt

What was the charr's /dance emote based off of? I couldn't figure it out.

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802
    Originally posted by Creslin321

Every day I'm shufflin'!

Also, as for Norn, they win for the silliest dance...but also the lamest lol :).

I disagree I like the Norn dance.. I think worst is tied between Charr and Sylvari

ack I voted wrong tho! I like the human which I voted for but I think the Asura have the best!

• LethalJaxxLethalJaxx Member Posts: 105
    It's a little strange... the human dance is copied directly from a song that noone will remember a year from now (it didn't even get any airtime over here), and at the same time the Norn dance is very simple and repetitive. Charr dance is hardly recognizable out of context, and only cool if you hear the actual sounds that go with it. Sylvari is kinda cool, but doesn't look that well choreographed. As usual, most detail went into Asura, and this one looks as it should. I have a hunch Asura are ANet's favorite, so much more has been done for them in deatails than all other classes. All in all, the dances are not polished enough to my liking

its a trible dance, someone told me a rugby team does it.. no idea if that is why it was chosen tho. I mean it fits them sorta but its boring and so is the dance itself.. someone link the dance video with where the dance came from.. even thought the asura is wrong and the sylvari I think is too.

nvm I found it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk0xZqUuNNk

• ranebraneb Member UncommonPosts: 14

Its a tribal dance called the Haka. It is from a tribe called the Maori from New  Zealand.

It is used by the All blacks, the best rugby team : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjVqZkDZrgg&feature=fvst

• WeretigarWeretigar Member UncommonPosts: 600

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5w1lauxkVA

At 1:55 it clearly shows the char doing the carleton dance. Idk maybe all races can do more then one dances since I have seen teh necro in shadow form do the same dance as well. 

I caanot vote untill I know everything about dances.

• NaeviusNaevius Member UncommonPosts: 334

Charr do a Maori Haka.

The Norn dance is pretty bad...I think they need one of those Russian squat and kick type dances!

Thank's for the replies :)
  • Max_StrikerMax_Striker Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Human is the best by far IMO. Didn't like the others TBH.
    Originally posted by Weretigar

At 1:55 it clearly shows the char doing the carleton dance. Idk maybe all races can do more then one dances since I have seen teh necro in shadow form do the same dance as well. 

he isnt, he is doing the charr dance, the part where they pound one fist to the other

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Thats to make up for being to small to show of your armor.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• WeretigarWeretigar Member UncommonPosts: 600
    Originally posted by ariboersma

he isnt, he is doing the charr dance, the part where they pound one fist to the other

Hmm, Idk lol

Originally posted by ariboersma

Hmm, Idk lol

look at the dances in the video I posted a couple before yours, you will see

• RageaholRageahol Member UncommonPosts: 1,127
    i dont think the Haka translate as well into the game, kind of a shame 

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522
    Human and Asura are really awesome motion capturing.
  • aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Asura, hands down. Not surprised humans got the popularity vote, though.
  • Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    I gave a sympathy vote for Norn,  Char i am dissapointed with, I felt they rushed that one and didnt make it a better Haka dance, Sylvara I liked, good to see a dance from another culture, I'm on the other side of the fence than most people here with Asura dance even though its fitting to their race, Human wins hands down, I felt that Anet spent a lot more time creating that dance.