Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

I love TSW

MisarisMisaris Cougartown, NEPosts: 140Member

This is by far the best game I played in a long time. I use the term "game" instead of MMO, because it also includes being better than many other single player stuff I used to play.

This game is clever and witty, the mission design is the best that ever happened in an MMO. A PvE dream come true.

Awesome, breathtaking enviroments and art style.

Technically top notch DX11 and tesselation (got a high end PC so everything on Ultra)

Very good music and sound, totally draws me in every time

Interesting, high quality lore, never looked for lore items before in an MMO but here it is highly addictive to hunt them all down and read pages and pages of Lovecraftian style lore.

Fun to play with friends. We are totally into evening sessions of TSW all connected via Skype. Great Cabal, friendly community.

Fantastic voiceovers, funny dialogue, very memorable characters, never happened before I actually remember NPCs by name in TSW. Don´t know how they did that but it works.

Great area variety: London, Seoul, New York.  Stephen King type New England world, Indiana Jones type Egypt adventure world, Van Helsing/Dracula type Transylvania world and soon.. Tokyo..

Memorable missions you simply want to do again, nearly every mission has some little surprise effect or you do something new and unexpected.

All in all, fantastic game, a true gem. Try it

Comments

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph SarajevoPosts: 1,070Member Uncommon
    yes ,nice description  why we love & enjoying in TSW

only EVE is real MMO...but I am impressive with TSW

• ZooceZooce B, FLPosts: 586Member
    Originally posted by Misaris

This is by far the best game I played in a long time. I use the term "game" instead of MMO, because it also includes being better than many other single player stuff I used to play.

This game is clever and witty, the mission design is the best that ever happened in an MMO. A PvE dream come true.

Technically top notch DX11 and tesselation (got a high end PC so everything on Ultra)

Interesting, high quality lore, never looked for lore items before in an MMO but here it is highly addictive to hunt them all down and read pages and pages of Lovecraftian style lore.

Fun to play with friends. We are totally into evening sessions of TSW all connected via Skype. Great Cabal, friendly community.

Fantastic voiceovers, funny dialogue, very memorable characters, never happened before I actually remember NPCs by name in TSW. Don´t know how they did that but it works.

Great area variety: London, Seoul, New York.  Stephen King type New England world, Indiana Jones type Egypt adventure world, Van Helsing/Dracula type Transylvania world and soon.. Tokyo..

Memorable missions you simply want to do again, nearly every mission has some little surprise effect or you do something new and unexpected.

You don't love the combat, dungeons, ability wheel, or PvP?  Seems like you love what is coming out of your speakers and in front of your eyes, but no mention of the gameplay besides the missions.

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph SarajevoPosts: 1,070Member Uncommon

TSW is different & special mmorpg,  for me  primary thing in game are  world setting  & players around me, it is why i am stay in TSW

Secondary is game play , I dont care for inovations, as I say world setting & lore are primary in my choices for any games.Just need few hours relaxing  in some cool  virtual universe after  RL stuff done.

brw. only fantasy based mmorpg what I am played long time was WAR couse it is warhammer universe

only EVE is real MMO...but I am impressive with TSW

• rav500rav500 FrankfurtPosts: 46Member
    Originally posted by Zooce

You don't love the combat, dungeons, ability wheel, or PvP?  Seems like you love what is coming out of your speakers and in front of your eyes, but no mention of the gameplay besides the missions.

Every game gets boring the day you piece it down to over-analyze it. If you can't enjoy a game without analyzing, just stay away from gaming :)

I would never disassassemble a beautiful song to listen to each instrument one by one.

TSW is a delicacy for gamers :)

• nolic1nolic1 Kingman, AZPosts: 687Member Uncommon

I agree with all of what you said it does do alot of this right. I do like the story and the world setting alot but I am also a fan of Alone in the Dark series and Resident Evil some of the supernatural stuff. But I my self just can't bring my self to sub to another game I have games like Dead Island DayZ and some idie game on my console and pc that are like it that only cost one fee and with dead Island 2 coming with co-op and multi-player I will wait for it before I decide to sub again. I did do beta and the 3 day trial to 5 day trial and had alot of fun and enjoyed the game made it to the end of Egypt in that time so I spent a good few days playing but like I said above I can play alot of game for a one time fee that fit my needs for subbing and I can play some 900+ F2P mmo's to the amount of sub games there are.

To me I enjoy gaming I dont play to be uber I play to have fun. If a game is not fun to me guess what I move on and play something else till I find one that is. When I find that great game and not sure if in my life time there will be one I hope it has everything I want in an mmo.

• ThorbrandThorbrand West Palm Beach, FLPosts: 1,198Member
    I loved TSW until the missions and story ended. One of my best MMO experiences even but just not enough content to keep playing.
  • MisarisMisaris Cougartown, NEPosts: 140Member
    Originally posted by Zooce

When I said a PvE dream come true, that of course meant I love the dungeons, combat, also the ability wheel.

Can´t say much about PvP because I generally think PvP in MMOs is pretty much nonsense, if it´s not a FPSMMO.

• majimaji ColognePosts: 2,003Member Uncommon
    I tried it. It was more fun than I expected. But with two days, the free trial is extremely short. Especially if you got a full schedule.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• ShakyMoShakyMo BradfordPosts: 7,207Member
    The dungeons are top notch
    The combat is better than memeing interneters make out
    The skill wheel is good and the TESO mmo should copy it instead of having classes.

But.....

I'm sorry but the pvp sucks, its as bad as wow. No tactics involved & heavily gear dependent
  • MisarisMisaris Cougartown, NEPosts: 140Member
    Originally posted by nolic1

I agree with all of what you said it does do alot of this right. I do like the story and the world setting alot but I am also a fan of Alone in the Dark series and Resident Evil some of the supernatural stuff. But I my self just can't bring my self to sub to another game I have games like Dead Island DayZ and some idie game on my console and pc that are like it that only cost one fee and with dead Island 2 coming with co-op and multi-player I will wait for it before I decide to sub again. I did do beta and the 3 day trial to 5 day trial and had alot of fun and enjoyed the game made it to the end of Egypt in that time so I spent a good few days playing but like I said above I can play alot of game for a one time fee that fit my needs for subbing and I can play some 900+ F2P mmo's to the amount of sub games there are.

What problem do people have with subs, I don´t get it. Buy one month and cancel if you want, treat it like DLC for 15 bucks. *shrug*

Then come back three months later, if you like what they added in between, buy another month for 15 bucks. Where is the problem? Are players that broke nowadays?

Your single player games won´t expand for free either. The nature of MMO is that content and features get added over time and surprisingly, someone needs to pay for people who work on that content.

Name ONE high quality F2P MMO, free without restrictions in content. There is none I know of. Why?` Simple economics.

• laseritlaserit Vancouver, BCPosts: 1,952Member Uncommon

People can classify it any way they like. I would agree that it's not worth paying the sub if your not getting enough play time for what ever reason as I would with any game.

I dont mind the combat mechanics and yes I've played many many games with similar mechanics and yes it is not new. There are times when I like to relax while playing games, not having to go ape shit with the keyboard and mouse,  Have a coffee  enjoy the lore and take down some baddies. I like to exercise my mind as well as my finger's.

TSW fits this bill for me at this time.

I'm a true gamer and I enjoy many, many games, from all genres. I like to mix them up because I will get bored of ANY GAME if I play it too much.

Variety is a good thing.

"If you make an ass out of yourself, there will always be someone to ride you." - Bruce Lee