Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] The Secret World: Secrets Revealed in Germany

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

During Gamescom, we made a point to head to Funcom's booth to check out new content coming to The Secret World in the next months. We've got all there is to know about rocket launchers, raids and more so keep reading!

Let's talk about the rocket launcher. It's going to be the first in a new series of auxiliary weapons. Instead of just limiting you to two weapons of mass destruction, The Secret World will soon have you wielding three. Additionally, thanks to the additional firepower, you're also going to get an bonus (8th) active slot and an additional passive slot, bringing the total up to eight actives and eight passives. Yep, that's a lot of things to consider.

Read more of Cassandra Khaw's The Secret World: Secrets Revealed in Germany .

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• eckardteckardt Member UncommonPosts: 48
    Sweet. Love this game. With a few changes in pvp it will be awsome. The pve is great, some of the nice quests i played. Great lore.
  • nuttobnuttob Member Posts: 291
    Rocket Launcher just like in the movie "Kick A$$!" Whoohoo!
  • WarDekarWarDekar Member UncommonPosts: 7
    This game may not have done everything right but its become a lot of fun the deeper I get into playing it. Put more time into it than I thought I would. Solomon Islands was a little slow at first but once I left it. Lots of fun. Solo or with a group. Like being in a movie. Now with this new stuff coming up? Can't wait.
  • blackhawkzzblackhawkzz Member Posts: 53

Can't wait to try out the raid there's a video of it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoJXdzbHilU&list=UUD7HwtavpFlaBrPJoefiaCw&index=8&feature=plcp

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Good stuff op :)
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586

Nice article, I enjoy your writing style.

I think I was equally as hyped back in TSW beta weekends as you are now.  It's a fun ride while it lasts.

• valoizvaloiz Member UncommonPosts: 52
    Great article. TSW= best game ever
  • DimindDimind Member Posts: 2
    Totally agree. The game really grows on me. Playing much more than I planned :-)
  • MisarisMisaris Member Posts: 140
    Secret world is amazing, I can´t say how much I was surprised by this, this the most thrilling, interesting and highly immersive game I played in a long, long time. And the upcoming content sounds very exciting, especially the new Tokyo world area
  • z4osloz4oslo Member Posts: 27

Some well deserved praise.

Girl and boy nexrt door is the heroes in this game. And all the NPC anti heroes of course.

And we dont have to wear chain.. HAH!  Unless its in a saw.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    Originally posted by Fukoff253
    As a lifetimer I can say the game is an epic fail in terms of retention, servers are empty now

dont think so..my server was bouncing..and i just loggged out 5 mins ago.i have been really impressed with the quality of the game.so much so my wife is letting me get a lifetime..i really take my time.i,m not even out of the savage coast yet and i have been playing since release.

• z4osloz4oslo Member Posts: 27

Where is your bitterness coming from fuk.

one post before today, then 5 in a row, all vashing tsw.

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991

I really like how they set up this raid, it seems really immersive. At the same time, these background stories are generally only interesting the first time or two through, at least in my experience.

And is there more to this raid that one boss enounter that seems very Cloverfield-esque? Or is too little known at this point? Have they been specific on the number of raid bosses in their first raid?

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• BoardwalkerBoardwalker Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by Fukoff253

I take my time too but was done with transylania by week 3

I'm nearing week 3 with the game and am still in the blue mountains. Guess we define "taking our time" differently.

They can adjust a game all day, but they can't help the issue between the keyboard and the chair.
    Played: UO, DAoC, AC, WoW, EVE, TR, WAR, Aion, Rift, SWTOR, GW2, TSW, ESO, Elite:D
    Play EVE for free for 21 days

• kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829
    Originally posted by Derpybird

I really like how they set up this raid, it seems really immersive. At the same time, these background stories are generally only interesting the first time or two through, at least in my experience.

And is there more to this raid that one boss enounter that seems very Cloverfield-esque? Or is too little known at this point? Have they been specific on the number of raid bosses in their first raid?

I would imagine it would be one boss based on previous experience with AoC.  If not that, I imagine at most 3 bosses.

Originally posted by kilun

I would imagine it would be one boss based on previous experience with AoC.  If not that, I imagine at most 3 bosses.

A one boss raid? I've never heard of such a thing.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they're adding content. But if it's one boss, how many actual hours of gameplay are they adding, even if it's fun the first couple of times through.

Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by kilun Originally posted by Derpybird I really like how they set up this raid, it seems really immersive. At the same time, these background stories are generally only interesting the first time or two through, at least in my experience. And is there more to this raid that one boss enounter that seems very Cloverfield-esque? Or is too little known at this point? Have they been specific on the number of raid bosses in their first raid?

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they're adding content. But if it's one boss, how many actual hours of gameplay are they adding, even if it's fun the first couple of times through.

1 massive boss is fine.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• Ren128Ren128 Member UncommonPosts: 73

Onyxia

Malygos

Bosses in Wintergrasp and on that PvP Island (before they added extra ones).

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Great article bringing some great news. 
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679

And some good news is definitely needed around now.......

Sad to see this:

http://www.gamingbus.com/2012/08/22/layoffs-hit-funcom-due-to-lukewarm-performance-of-the-secret-world/

• DeeterDeeter Member UncommonPosts: 135

"Classless, level-independent character development"

People are still saying this **** as a marketing point?

Maybe for someone playing in the first couple zones this seems cool but once you get closer to the cap you'll be pigeonholed into one of a few cookie cutter builds unless you enjoy taking a thousand years to kill anything or dying instantly out of nowhere

Also thanks for confirming that the story won't be progressing until next year. No point in subbing for this game again until then if you are interested in the game's story, which just so happens to be its main selling point

• DreskestDreskest Member Posts: 69

A game needs to have a really good story to get my attention, and that's exactly what TSW may offer as its biggest strength.

But in my opinion, it's not only the story, the modern day setting is amazing, the lore hunting is very enjoyable, investigations are incredibly immersive, the dungeons are second to none, combat is a lot of fun, etc etc

Honestly, TSW has been a really pleasant surprise, and hopefully I'll be playing this game for years to come.

Perfect ? No, there are no perfect games, and TSW is no exception. But I haven't found anything gamebreaking so it's all good with me. And I know FC has fixed quite a few bugs already.

In the next few months, we get our first raid, a whole new adventure zone in Tokyo with new 5 man dungeons too hopefully, auxilliary weapons, and hopefully the needed changes to pvp to give real meaning to Fusang and the battlefields. Not that pvp is bad, in my opinion, but it could be greatly improved.

Just can't wait. Keep up the good work FC !

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by Deeter

"Classless, level-independent character development"

People are still saying this **** as a marketing point?

Maybe for someone playing in the first couple zones this seems cool but once you get closer to the cap you'll be pigeonholed into one of a few cookie cutter builds unless you enjoy taking a thousand years to kill anything or dying instantly out of nowhere

Also thanks for confirming that the story won't be progressing until next year. No point in subbing for this game again until then if you are interested in the game's story, which just so happens to be its main selling point

This are part of reasons i have stopped to play even before 30 days free expired.

I have nothing against if somebody enjoy game. I have myself, even for short. Before to many problems started to accumulate. I have impression 90% of comments are kinda paid advertising.

All is kind'a dejavu from Aoc in any sense. Game with great potential for fun, but ... to many problems and bugs.

Then, game is without levels. Really? They must be kidding. Game is FULL of various levels and leveling. So instead of needing just single level of alt, i.e. priest or mage level 18 to get to some area, you ABSOLUTELY NEED ADEQUATE LEVEL of SP, have filled "inner circle" of abilities and NEED X LEVEL of weapon! Yep, skills here does not matter at all. Or minimally. Otherwise, no matter how much you have leveled in sp, abilities, ... and blah blah .... you do ZERO damage, glance constantly, ... with you weapon LV. 1. If you do not want to kill some worm for hours you NEED new weapon LEVEL 7, i.e. Etc etc. I also dislike a lot (main reason that I stopped to play) only 7 buttons toolbar that simply spells "button mashing". No, have nothing to do to "you must select carefully which abilitiy to use, this is strong point of tsw, ...". This is pure bs. First as said, 7 buttons (1 for heal, aoe, ...) simply calls for button mashing. Agree or not. Second, there is no really a lot so select from. 80% or more of abilities are pure uninteresting trash, used just as filler up to get to something marginally better then starting abilities.

But still TSW is game that I would some day gladly return (hoping they do not ruin game further going F2P), not like TR, Rappelz, Aion, .... where I was 100% after short they will never ever see again my money.

And instead of trowing employees on streets they should engage them to improve TSW, work on problems, ... etc. I'm sure they are still making profit and no need to make people jobless. Meh, "beauties" of capitalism.

• roo67roo67 Member Posts: 402
    I wonder how this game is doing in Europe ? given its a lot more expensive than other mmos in terms of its monthly subscription . I had planned to play it but the price of the monthly sub seemed a bit of a rip off . I did like what I saw in the beta as its setting was quite fresh and interesting . It was however an mmo like many others I felt couldn't justify a regular subscription price let alone an inflated one and the developers would have been wise to have gone for a buy to play model similar to GW2 . 
    Originally posted by Ren128

Onyxia

Malygos

Bosses in Wintergrasp and on that PvP Island (before they added extra ones).

Maylgos was unlocked after you got the key from Sapphiron in Naxx. The original Ony was initially released as a second instance along with Molten Core.

Perhaps I should clarify that I have not seen a situation where the ONLY raid content was one boss.