Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Incorrect Password?

The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
This morning (after the stress test), I now get "Incorrect Password" when I try to log in - is it just me, or is it the same for everybody?
Respect, walk, what did you say?
Respect, walk
Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
- PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
Yes, they are back !

Comments

• mundus01mundus01 Member Posts: 100
    I get the same message when servers are offline.   
  • The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Originally posted by mundus01
    I get the same message when servers are offline.   

Ah ok, it's normal then - I was just worried they would have screwed up my account just before the launch =P

Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202

I'm getting "the game server is unable to connect to the log-in server. Please restart your client and try again"

delete and retype your password?

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• IndromeIndrome Member UncommonPosts: 292

Happens sometimes when you change the language. Also says "wrong password" for incorrect accountname (e-mail) as well.

Maybe try starting the launcher with administrator privileges, too.

edit:

Or, you know, servers down... Occam's razor. -.-"

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

dont worry Korrigan.....we all get this one when the servers are down......had the same "error" yesterday when stress test started. :)

• LeodiousLeodious Member UncommonPosts: 773

It is common to sometimes get that error when you try to log in using the saved password. Just delete it and retype. Right now you should get an error about connecting to the server.

"There are two great powers, and they've been fighting since time began. Every advance in human life, every scrap of knowledge and wisdom and decency we have has been torn by one side from the teeth of the other. Every little increase in human freedom has been fought over ferociously between those who want us to know more and be wiser and stronger, and those who want us to obey and be humble and submit."

— John Parry, to his son Will; "The Subtle Knife," by Phillip Pullman

Pretty much what worries me: I retyped it, still doesn't work.

BTW, I can log into the account site using the same login/password just fine.

Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

• ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722
    Well this morning I did have a validate your account email from anet. Maybe something up with that? 
    Mail is validated :)
    Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

Bumping this because I still have the problem. I've tried everything (change password, change email, reset password, etc...) to no avail.

I can log in on the same computer using my sister's login credentials with no problem (I get the "there's no event right now" message).

So I can log into the GW2 website, I can log into GW1, but not into GW2... anyone else?

Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

• Kyus_HoBKyus_HoB Member Posts: 185
    Have you deleted and rewritten yoru account name/email address as well as your password I'd try this. I think your client might have updated and it needs this to be re-entered also.
    Originally posted by Kyus_HoB
    Have you deleted and rewritten yoru account name/email address as well as your password I'd try this. I think your client might have updated and it needs this to be re-entered also.

One of the first things I did, yes.

I've also tried to change the email via several different ways (GW2 website, GW1, NCSoft master account), same for password, I've tried a password reset too. Always the same result, I can log into the various web sites and into GW1 flawlessly, but not into the GW2 client.

Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

Originally posted by The_Korrigan

I've also tried to change the email via several different ways (GW2 website, GW1, NCSoft master account), same for password, I've tried a password reset too. Always the same result, I can log into the various web sites and into GW1 flawlessly, but not into the GW2 client.

Are you getting error 11:1000:7006:679 ?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Error_code

Check to see if GW1 and GW2 accept different characters, the max password length is different between the two games, maybe they accept different characters as well, if you did the reset through GW1, try a new password that only uses numbers and letters

As the wiki state: that error sometimes appear even when you provide a correct password

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

Originally posted by seridan

Are you getting error 11:1000:7006:679 ?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Error_code

Check to see if GW1 and GW2 accept different characters, the max password length is different between the two games, maybe they accept different characters as well, if you did the reset through GW1, try a new password that only uses numbers and letters

As the wiki state: that error sometimes appear even when you provide a correct password

I tried the reset using like 3 different method (GW2 website, GW1 and ncsoft master account), same result.

I've been using the same password during the whole beta week end process without any problems too :)

Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

• I've gotten the same error sometimes when servers aren't up.  I wouldn't worry about it at all, especially if you can login to https://account.guildwars2.com/login with the same credentials.
    Originally posted by Sixpax
    I've gotten the same error sometimes when servers aren't up.  I wouldn't worry about it at all, especially if you can login to https://account.guildwars2.com/login with the same credentials.

Yeah, hopefully you're right (another guy on gw2guru said he has the problem too). I would had to be stuck at the login screen Saturday morning...

Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    you can't login unless there is an event taking place.
  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I'm not getting any errors just the there's no event message. Hope they get it sorted out for you Kor.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

Originally posted by Tayah
    I'm not getting any errors just the there's no event message. Hope they get it sorted out for you Kor.

Yep, that's what I get when I use my sister's login credentials. I only get the "incorrect password" stuff with my own account.

Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    Originally posted by Tayah

Yep, that's what I get when I use my sister's login credentials. I only get the "incorrect password" stuff with my own account.

Try changing your password, but i wouldn't worry about it, they are obviously testing the login system because it's the first thing that will be getting hammered on the 25th.

I didn't want to make a new thread but I will ask here:

Anyone else having trouble connecting to their Hall of Monuments?

http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=welcome

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Yes, I assume it has something to do with them working on it today. They're suppose to have it ready by headstart to be able to link GW1 to GW2.

http://i.imgur.com/R1uAB.png

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

Says "error loading character" to me - they are definitely working on something over there...

Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

• Kyus_HoBKyus_HoB Member Posts: 185

Says "error loading character" to me - they are definitely working on something over there...

ditto, 

have they said where and how soon we can get the "item" from the npc to register our ancestor?

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

ditto, 

have they said where and how soon we can get the "item" from the npc to register our ancestor?

Yes.  You will be sent an in-game item called a Portal Stone that will take you to the Hall of Monuments where you can claim your reward.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.