Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WOW this stress test is buggy

Comments

• Stx11Stx11 Member Posts: 415
    Originally posted by gaugemew

Guys remember when diablo 3 had a bad stress test and everyone said "hey it's just a stress test" and then the launch went smooth.

Yea, me neither.  Fanboys are fanboys, regardless of the game they chose to inhabit.

Thing is I don't remember Blizz releasing a new build in the middle of their "Stress Test" to fix anything - ANet did and all the issues I had encountered in the first few hours were fixed after it. ANet even extended their (real) Stress Test another 2 hours to make sure things were solid.

If you are going to make comparisions, at least make complete and factual ones, mkay?

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by reignjuste
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

My pc plays games on max settings that u will play after 5 years so.No it's not my computer.

And im not talking about fps when u are u against 2 mobs in  the world im talking about fps when there are lots of people in wvww.Thats where the graphic optimization is stressed.got it?

smooth 60 fps in WvWvW here but like I said above got a pretty good system.

Mine is better.Seems like sli is not working for this game ill try and disable it at release

try turning reflections from Alll to Terrain & Sky. Turn shadows to High from Ultra. Turn off Post processing(unless you really like bloom), and don't use supersampling(leave on default).. with those settings if you have a better system than me you should get a smooth framerate with pretty much anything going on

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Mine crashed twice. Once was a restart of GW2, the 2nd locked up so bad, I required a hard reboot.

Other than that, it was just fine.

Hell, Rift has been more unstable lately than tonight's GW2 ST.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    Originally posted by heartless

what botehers me with this game is that it has bad fps issues and it does not feel responsive.

If it's one big thing that made wow so successful is it responsiveness.No response the game feels dull and crap

Hope they fix it otherwise this game is gonna end to the garbage

No1 thing that makes the game a success is the perferct response of your actions

Bad FPS issues? It must be your PC. My FPS is between 40-60 in most places and it's not like I have a super powerful computer or anything.

My pc plays games on max settings that u will play after 5 years so.No it's not my computer.

And im not talking about fps when u are u against 2 mobs in  the world im talking about fps when there are lots of people in wvww.Thats where the graphic optimization is stressed.got it?

Well, if your "PC plays games on max settings that I will play after 5 years so" and it can't handle a couple of people on the screen at the same time without a serious FPS drop, maybe it's time for an upgrade?

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

There weren't many bugs, but as the OP pointed out, some of them were pretty big. These are new bugs, so these aren't issues that are old and unfixed. They are also very obvious, have been quickly acknowledged and will be fixed for launch.

The really notable bugs aside, everything was excellent. No lag, best frame rates I've had so far and the game also looked better. The optimizations seem to be paying off.

I think the big bugs we did have were even more jarring given how free of bugs previous events have been. Unexpected things always pop up at launch, but I'm glad these bugs surfaced now, with three days to fix them before the head-start.

One good thing, they don't have to take the servers down for patching and the total downtime for players for each patch is usually only a minute or two, including the downloading and application of the patch. Even if we have issues with the head-start, I expect fixes will come quickly with almost no down-time.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• WolfenbrWolfenbr Member Posts: 34
    Originally posted by petespri

Posted today:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/bill-freist-talks-optimization-and-performance/

According to their chart, it takes an I5 CPU and a 8800GT to pull 30-35  FPS.

Faq says minimum requirements: core2duo 2.0ghz and 7800.

Humm...

Originally posted by Wolfenbr

Posted today:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/bill-freist-talks-optimization-and-performance/

Humm...

depends on settings.. the chart is auto detect so not telling what the graphical settings are.. the min specs assume min settings

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
    It's a stress test, not a stable client version. Relax, it'll be fine. We go through this same shit leterally after every stress test. The clients used during stress test are not finished and being worked on. Certain things may be turned off or broken on purpose by the devs.

Game launches in 4 days.  The likelyhood of the stress testing anything but a release client candidate is extremely small, and if there were testing anything but a release client candidate, that means they're mildly retarded.

Either way you look at it, it's not good.

Originally posted by Draemos
    It's a stress test, not a stable client version. Relax, it'll be fine. We go through this same shit leterally after every stress test. The clients used during stress test are not finished and being worked on. Certain things may be turned off or broken on purpose by the devs.

Game launches in 4 days.  The likelyhood of the stress testing anything but a release client candidate is extremely small, and if there were testing anything but a release client candidate, that means they're mildly retarded.

Either way you look at it, it's not good.

considering it was almost all fixed by the last two hours and performance was way up? seems good to me

• Mors-SubitaMors-Subita Member UncommonPosts: 517
    Originally posted by Gribble
    This stress test is the buggiest yet. From email authentication aggravation to leap skills insta killing you, today was not an enjoyable experience. They better fix this before launch.

They extended the stress test (I would guess to help them track down the causes) and they released a new build around 7:30 EST which fixed all of the problems...

• Chase187666Chase187666 Member UncommonPosts: 138
    Originally posted by k-damage
    Originally posted by IfrianMMO

I am insulting and i find this Spanish.

lol

lol x2

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
    Originally posted by gaugemew

Guys remember when diablo 3 had a bad stress test and everyone said "hey it's just a stress test" and then the launch went smooth.

Yea, me neither.  Fanboys are fanboys, regardless of the game they chose to inhabit.

qft

• bansanbansan Member Posts: 367
    Go back and read their email.  They specifically stated that this stress test would likely be more buggy than the previous ones, or that you will more than likely experience bugs not seen before. 
    Originally posted by Mors-Subita
    Originally posted by Gribble
    This stress test is the buggiest yet. From email authentication aggravation to leap skills insta killing you, today was not an enjoyable experience. They better fix this before launch.

They extended the stress test (I would guess to help them track down the causes) and they released a new build around 7:30 EST which fixed all of the problems...

qft :)

• xr00t3dxxr00t3dx Member Posts: 275
    I hope you posted those to ANET and not just this place. 

Posted today:

Humm...

depends on settings.. the chart is auto detect so not telling what the graphical settings are.. the min specs assume min settings

True, but do you honestly think that if an i5 and 8800 barely pulls 30+ FPS (even on autodetect), a core2duo + 7800 can keep 30+ FPS?

If you read the oficial forums during the last few stress tests then you know performance is bellow expected. I really hope during release the developers will remove some kind of debug code from the client and FPS will jump but now i'm not so sure anymore and that article didn't help.

Only complaint about the game tho, and not really a problem if you have an I5 or better (which most people do i believe) everything else in the game is great!

Posted today:

Humm...

True, but do you honestly think that if an i5 and 8800 barely pulls 30+ FPS (even on autodetect), a core2duo + 7800 can keep 30+ FPS?

If you read the oficial forums during the last few stress tests then you know performance is bellow expected. I really hope during release the developers will remove some kind of debug code from the client and FPS will jump but now i'm not so sure anymore and that article didn't help.

Only complaint about the game tho, and not really a problem if you have an I5 or better (which most people do i believe) everything else in the game is great!

ive seen some people with some pretty old systems say they are getting playable framerates so don't think its much of a concern.. but honestly I wouldn't  expect to play a new gen PC game with 6+ year old hardware... I could put together a system for $500 that could play this game just fine.. pc gaming is definatly not the cheapest hobby for gaming though

• Stx11Stx11 Member Posts: 415

ive seen some people with some pretty old systems say they are getting playable framerates so don't think its much of a concern.. but honestly I wouldn't  expect to play a new gen PC game with 6+ year old hardware... I could put together a system for $500 that could play this game just fine.. pc gaming is definatly not the cheapest hobby for gaming though

I was on a really old AMD dual-core 2.3 with my GTS 450 and 4GB RAM and was able to play on minimum settings just fine in BWE1...

(the i5 3750 with 8GB RAM I have now is much nicer though - max Ultra everything with no lag... soooo nice)

Posted today:

Humm...

Again, true, but my point is, game isn't playable with the min requirements right now. My problem is that this article and the  many FPS complaints i saw on the oficial forums of today's stress test indicate to me that they probably won't get it right by release.

Also, given the current state of the beta client today, the pc required to play it is affordable yes (by most) but they are also higher than other mmo's i've seen this year and most other single player games too. 

Performance is an important issue and people shouldn't dismiss however great this game is.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    Pretty smooth for me. No log in issues, no bugs. Even the disappearing landscape in the past did not happen at all. I think there was something wrong with the mail though, got multiple e-mails on the same thing.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• HorrorScopeHorrorScope Member UncommonPosts: 599

Posted today:

There goes the old addage... "Update your video card drivers to the latest." By doing so you are taking it in the shorts.

The safest version should be the version they developed the game on. Or so Spock and his logic says.

• JJOnewayJJOneway Member Posts: 112

Funnily enough I spent most of yesterday at work stress testing our new Exchange server with some "lucky"test clients from my office. We went hell for leather to break every function we could think of to see how it affected the end user and to know exactly what server side issues had what affect on clients.

That's what stress testing is, it's supposed to break stuff. Yeah, my GW2 was buggy as hell last night, but to think this is indicative of a late or bug-ridden launch is doomsaying for the sake of it.

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    I must be lucky.  I have yet to have any significant performance issues in all the BWEs and stress tests.  Only thing that comes to mind was the 10 min or so of rubber-banding in one of the previous STs.  It's kind of odd because normally everything that can go buggy in MMOs almost always happens to me.  Granted I've done very little WvW.  It's been all pve and spvp for me. 
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • slicknslim88slicknslim88 Member Posts: 394
    I think the OP is looking at these bugs in the wrong way.  The more bugs during the stress test the better.  The more bugs during the stress test, the less bugs we have to worry about during launch.  Be thankful for bugs during stress tests.