Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Hardcore is the new Diablo 3

RasereiRaserei webster, MAPosts: 1,011Member

Honesty, the game is now tuned in a manner that can be played comfortably. Co-op is where it should finally be at. One life is honestly the way the game should be played. I admit, at launch, inferno was a bit crazy unless you played 24 hours a day farming. It's safe to say this game has become more user friendly.

Try your hand at hardcore! After getting all characters to 60 in softcore and then all 30+ and one 60 in hardcore, I will say that the auction house and community is a lot better than softcore.

Comments

• PsychowPsychow SF Giants Territory, CAPosts: 1,784Member

You serioulsy think the whiney, ZOMG it's too hard, crybaby people that post hate towards this game could seriously play on hardcore (Perma-death)? I'm surprised they even beat it on Normal mode....or got past the Skeleton King for that matter...

• fivorothfivoroth LondonPosts: 3,665Member Uncommon
    Hardcore is crazy good. The new paragon system will make Inferno more "manageable". There is also no RMAH if you really hate that!

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• PainlezzPainlezz Laguna Hills, CAPosts: 616Member Uncommon

Hardcore is where it's at!  I played to level 10 softcore to unlock hardcore and have never gone back.

Auction House is much better, players are better, everything about the game is just better...  I don't see how anyone can enjoy dying over and over and over again in noobcore (softcore) enjoyable.  In my personal opinion %99 of people who claim to have beat Inferno really haven't.  They just died over and over and over again till they finally managed to down the bosses...

• coretex666coretex666 PraguePosts: 1,934Member Uncommon

I prefer HC as well. In D2, I used to play over LAN connection with my friends in an offline mode. We have beaten HC several times. In D2, it was not so difficult I think.

In D3, practically all my HC characters I have made so far died because of lag or DC which is kind of demotivating. Some of them were well above level 50 on Hell difficulty.

At this point I feel like HC is a waste of time considering that you can die any time without doing anything wrong. I am sure I will get back to D3 HC mode in the future, but now I am just not so motivated.

Waiting for L2 EU Classic

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Manchester, NHPosts: 2,931Member Uncommon
    Not on my wireless connection.  I don't like losing everything I earned due to lag or a disconnect.
  • MephsterMephster Tyria, NJPosts: 1,188Member
    The only way I come back is to go play hardcore. No way am I wasting more time on an auction house driven Diablo 3 softcore.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• lotapartylotaparty taxila canttPosts: 514Member
    Originally posted by fivoroth
    Hardcore is crazy good. The new paragon system will make Inferno more "manageable". There is also no RMAH if you really hate that!

no rmah ? am i missing something?

• sunflamesunflame Modi''inPosts: 179Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by lotaparty

When you play the hardcore mode there is ONLY a gold ah (rmah only works for softcore). which is the main reason why i started playing hardcore

• PurutzilPurutzil East Stroudsburg, PAPosts: 2,925Member Uncommon

Eh... I'll stick with TL2 and PoE, they are much closer to D2 to me and far more my type of game. It was fun at least but I just can't get myself playing D3 again. Cheap =/= hard, and both games do have their moments but it doesn't feel like its cheating me out as much as D3 with those "Jailer/Arcane/Desecrator' mobs and really just feels more satisfying to play despite having no where near the funds for crazy polish to make it look super pretty and much better rpg elements with skills and stats.

D3 just isn't a real dungeon crawler to me... it just feels like it loses out on many of those big elements and just isn't fun for me to play, not even the paragon system really was enough to make me feel like playing it with TL2 to play for $20 and PoE (which I spend $10 for beta) which will be free that give me far more control and actually emphasize the leveling and progress, something that is BIG in Dungeon Crawlers that D3 just feels like it lacks.

• GrinnzGrinnz Utica, NYPosts: 310Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by lotaparty

only makes since since characters are can acquire perma-death, a rmah would suck if your character died with good stuff in the auction house.

An account wide HC rmah would only promote farmers.