Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No advertisement?

HonnerHonner Member Posts: 504
I do not see GW2 anywhere on the internet unless I look for it, and with less than 5 days until launch, makes me think if they are going to do some advertisement at all. what do you think?

Comments

• logicwarlogicwar Member UncommonPosts: 69
    they dont need to and they know it.
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    I think they are soft launching like DarkFall did to try to handle the pressure.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

Get ready

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Honner
    I do not see GW2 anywhere on the internet unless I look for it, and with less than 5 days until launch, makes me think if they are going to do some advertisement at all. what do you think?

they probably looked at the pre-purchased/pre-order numbers and figure they don't need to waiste the money on it.. just a guess but might be why.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by GrumpyCharr

Get ready

ahh yea then there's that other pic as well rumors of a launch trailer

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

there have been tons when they set a release date.. perhaps they dont have them now

• deamiandeamian Member UncommonPosts: 66

Here is what I picture happened at that meeting'

"Hello ladies and gentlemen, the numbers are up to date, should we spend money on a commercial or servers and infrastructure that can actually hold this many people?"

done.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

they just should post these all over to get people pumped up:)

ARE YOU READY ..........................  TO HAVE SOME FUN?   

oh and this one Fear Not This Night (ft. Asja)

• squalleonahasqualleonaha Member Posts: 211

they was kicked in the ass by investors to release the game fast to get quick cash. they wont even have enough time to advertising because they are  busy fixing the game with "stress test". i've played GW1 from beta till now and i'm really worry about GW2.

all they do till now are again law of business: no advertising. game are releasing on back to school day instead of wait for 2-3 more month for thanks giving and christmas. "stress test" till 2 last weeks of game release.

there is no company that doesn't want money as they are.

Originally posted by squalleonaha

they was kicked in the ass by investors to release the game fast to get quick cash. they wont even have enough time to advertising because they are  busy fixing the game with "stress test". i've played GW1 from beta till now and i'm really worry about GW2.

all they do till now are again law of business: no advertising. game least on back to school day instead of wait for 2-3 more month for thanks giving and christmas. "stress test" till 2 last weeks of game release.

lol you haven't been following the game at all have you?

• GruntiesGrunties Member Posts: 859
    It turns out positive word of mouth from those that played was all the advertisement they needed. They didn't need to blow a wad of money on banner ads talking about bewbs or pictures of scantily clad women like lesser development companies.

Waiting for: A skill-based MMO with Freedom and Consequence.
    Woe to thee, the pierce-ed.

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365
    Originally posted by Toxia

thats it! thats the one!

this adverstisement is so good i'm going to go buy another copy just to hold while i sleep at night.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

Get ready

ahh yea then there's that other pic as well rumors of a launch trailer

hey....that looks like sombody that I used to know...

• ajayazirajayazir Member Posts: 108
    You can now also claim that GW2 is the first mmo to have no advertisements!?
  • BaniscoBanisco Member Posts: 240

Get ready

This plus this, i can see it  coming.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    A referral program would be all they need.  I'm thinking they've hit critical mass already, although I don't have any numbers... just speculation.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • squalleonahasqualleonaha Member Posts: 211

all they do till now are again law of business: no advertising. game least on back to school day instead of wait for 2-3 more month for thanks giving and christmas. "stress test" till 2 last weeks of game release.

yeah, you followed it that why you only see their back but not the front.

Diablo 3 when it's not came out has tons of fans and follower and blizz still advertising to get more players. you think GW2 has more fans than that?

they dont even have time to post news on their official website but to use facebook and twitter.

if you played GW1 beta then you know what they already done before the time the game release.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

Diablo 3 when it's not came out has tons of fans and follower and blizz still advertising to get more players. you think GW2 has more fans than that?

they dont even have time to post news on their official website but to use facebook and twitter.

if you played GW1 beta then you know what they already done before the time the game release.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!!!!11!!1

1/10 because i laughed.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

1/10 because i laughed.

I didn't.  I'd have to be able to translate it first.

another good one for advertising 

Protectors of Tyria   :)

play it LOUD gives ya goosebumps:P

• ajayazirajayazir Member Posts: 108
    Originally posted by Eir_S

1/10 because i laughed.

I didn't.  I'd have to be able to translate it first.

Umm people don't mess with that guy, pretty sure he's KOR... meaning he'll be your boss in GW2.... if not some other KOR~

Just saying~

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962
    Hopefully they invested that money in development.
  • IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350

Because they spent the money on the game and not misleading marketing bullshit.