Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Paragon System Introduced

124»

Comments

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188
    When your game is designed around a RMAH business model failure happens.  This new Paragon system isn't going to help one bit.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    I don't see why people hate this game so much.  Granted it's rare to get a good drop even from inferno Diablo, but when you do it's worth it.  I've made more than enough to pay for D3, WoW, and anything else I'd wanna buy game-wise for the next year through the RMAH.  I still drop in from time to time and play with friends who still play it.  I like how I can talk with friends between D3, WoW, and SC2.
  • MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

What I respect is that they ackowledged that their game was just rubbish and are actually trying to improve the game.  I understand why there are no new monsters or zones or anything ridiculous like that, I am however pleased with some of the changes they are making for this. I hated D3 so much before and with subsequent patches they have made the game more and more playable for inferno characters.

I hope that they will eventually reach a nice balance between the difficulty, getting uniques and good rares. While it is much more enjoyable than before to play co-op  there are still some monster affixes are insanely powerful as oppposed to just challenging.

They are getting closer with each patch, I think in the not too distant future D3 will actually become a decent item hunt. Still not worth 90 dollars, it's probably worth a little less than 50 bucks at the moment.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• ZenIrishChaiZenIrishChai Member UncommonPosts: 527
    Originally posted by helthros

I just don't understand where people get off judging a company for making good business decisions like it's a crime against gaming. Honestly, take a step back and realize the things that you're posting.

Should all of the disgustingly rich people in the world come together and donate their excess wealth to stop world hunger? Absolutely - Would you still maintain that belief if you should so happen to be one of those wealthy people? I highly doubt it.

-Insert saying about stone throwing and glass houses here-

... are you in the right thread? Who made a good business decision? I know you're not talking about Blizzard since they are upsetting their fans (a.k.a. customers) with the direction they took with the game. I hear that tends to reduce profitability and be a bad business decision.

The 2nd paragraph reminds me of those homeless people walking around having some strange conversation with themselves that has no relevance to anything going on at the moment.

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,869
    I noticed a few people in this thread clamoring for new maps..I hate to burst your bubble, but that is not going to happen. The only reason they are even going to have a content patch for PvP is because it was delayed. There will not be content patches for Diablo 3. You won't see new maps,dungeons,story,quest,ect until an expansion. If you do, they will charge you for it. Diablo has never and will never be like an MMO in terms of content additions. Sure, you will see game systems changed / updated, but you won't see brand new content. 
  • mudkipz77mudkipz77 Member Posts: 5
    Doesn't change the fact that we're grinding the same crap over and over...I would've liked an infinite dungeon or something along those lines better.
  • RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    Wow so typical blizzard. oh crap people have max level characters what do we do. ADD MOER LEVELZ

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    Originally posted by xenogias

I liked D3 but I'm not dilusional. The game is bad. I was just craving a dungeon crawler. At this point I wish I would have donated that $60 to path of exile. A MUCH better dungeon crawler.

true dat!-or GRIM DAWN

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    I think GW2 fans should go and run in their DYNAMIC hamster wheels instead.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,855

Originally posted by Anthara
    I don't understand the hate towards Blizzard at all.Diablo 3 its an excelent game in wich i spent more hours playing than  any other single player game in the last 2 years. And  i can also play it co-ops, all seems good to me. And people still say its not worth the 60 bucks.I'm pretty casual at any game since i have a life, job, family etc and still havent finished Inferno. I see it as a game I can come  back anytime i wish. But somehow people expect the "play" of an MMO. The same people that come to this forums everytime its posted some article related to it, saying "why is this on this forum? Its not an mmo." Yet, you play it like one and expect the longevity of one and many other etcs.Even the hate towards WoW and its comunity, "its for 12 year old kids"...  or retards, pokemons, pandas and whatever.  Even not liking it, you guys should recognize the quality they deliver on their product, even if its not for your taste. Doesn't mean is garbage. Some might want to rethink who got 12 years old afterall.I don't even play WoW, but i don't see the diference in having pandas or maybe, humanoids with tree heads and leafs, childs like in Tera or half naked asian avatars.This just tells me this forum is full of haters  that doesn't  got anything else interesting in their lifes to do, besides spiting crap out of things they don't like. And people who think that playing something less popular makes them special and eventually  they become superior beeings with superior opinions.Anyway,  my english is so terrible that I have a really hard time putting my ideas into text so I'll stop here  :)
    Its actually quite simple.

These people have been waiting for Diablo 3 for the past 10 years. Yes, that long.

In the past decade they imagined how awesome Diablo 3 would be when it finally came out. These fantasies of Diablo 3 grew unchecked over the years to the point where no matter what Blizzard produced it would not come close to what these people imagined.

They over-hyped themselves up to the point that reality could not reach. So, now they are angry that Diablo 3 did not match the expectations they placed on it before it even existed.

Why do you think Valve still hasnt released Half Life 3? Same situation.

• vgamervgamer Member Posts: 195
    Originally posted by Xiaoki

I don't understand the hate towards Blizzard at all.

Diablo 3 its an excelent game in wich i spent more hours playing than  any other single player game in the last 2 years. And  i can also play it co-ops, all seems good to me. And people still say its not worth the 60 bucks.

I'm pretty casual at any game since i have a life, job, family etc and still havent finished Inferno. I see it as a game I can come  back anytime i wish. But somehow people expect the "play" of an MMO. The same people that come to this forums everytime its posted some article related to it, saying "why is this on this forum? Its not an mmo." Yet, you play it like one and expect the longevity of one and many other etcs.

Even the hate towards WoW and its comunity, "its for 12 year old kids"...  or retards, pokemons, pandas and whatever.  Even not liking it, you guys should recognize the quality they deliver on their product, even if its not for your taste. Doesn't mean is garbage. Some might want to rethink who got 12 years old afterall.

I don't even play WoW, but i don't see the diference in having pandas or maybe, humanoids with tree heads and leafs, childs like in Tera or half naked asian avatars.

This just tells me this forum is full of haters  that doesn't  got anything else interesting in their lifes to do, besides spiting crap out of things they don't like. And people who think that playing something less popular makes them special and eventually  they become superior beeings with superior opinions.

Anyway,  my english is so terrible that I have a really hard time putting my ideas into text so I'll stop here  :)

Its actually quite simple.

These people have been waiting for Diablo 3 for the past 10 years. Yes, that long.

In the past decade they imagined how awesome Diablo 3 would be when it finally came out. These fantasies of Diablo 3 grew unchecked over the years to the point where no matter what Blizzard produced it would not come close to what these people imagined.

They over-hyped themselves up to the point that reality could not reach. So, now they are angry that Diablo 3 did not match the expectations they placed on it before it even existed.

Why do you think Valve still hasnt released Half Life 3? Same situation.

NO, you're wrong. I hate blizzard intensely now, I admit. But it wasn't always like that. I held them in high esteem in the past because they made great games. Diablo 1+2, starcraft, warcraft 3 +TFT. They were all great games and bestsellers. Heck, one of them was even a sport in a country. And one of the reasons they were so great was that you could see blizzard's passion. Their goal wasn't to make the most money, they wanted to make the best game and succeeded.

however, since the acquisition by acitvision it all changed. Things began to revolve around making money; making a good game wasn't a priority anymore. This started already with Stacraft 2. Lan was removed and at first, you were forced to be always online. After massive uproar, they decided to shaft it because it could hurt their profit. However, Lan option still does not exist (they gave some bullsh*t reason), yet starcraft became big because of Lan. And you could say, well they have to protect their game from piracy. The CEO of Valve stated that piracy is not a big deal to them and they even succeeded in selling PC games in Russia (where piracy is rampant). Piracy is only a service problem.

Now, with the seeds of corruption already planted, Kotick was happy. But it wasn't enough. So he needed a new project. One which would outsell al pc games ever and would continue to generate money. Diablo was a good franchise, a bit old but still plenty of fans. So they decided to make diablo 3. One problem of pc games is that once sold, they don't generate money anymore. So, in a flash of pure brilliance, they thought of a money printing machine called 'Real money auction house'. Basically, the whole game is designed around it. Abusing the name of the  diablo franchise, they called this money printing machine 'Diablo 3'. They butchered the whole franchise, made a crappy 'game' and slapped on the name 'Diablo 3'.  Even if you put the name 'diablo 3' on a turd, stamped the blizzard logo on it, it would sell like crazy.

And you might say, 'well I'm having fun so if you dont like it it doesnt affect you right?'

And thats where you are also wrong. Because diablo 3 sold so well, it has become acceptible in the mind of developers to make 'always online single player games' and introduce pay to win 'RMAHs'. All games from now on will have this shit and gaming will never be the same again. All thanks to what was once a great company, now corrupted by greed to be a mere husk of their former glory.

• witcherxwitcherx Member UncommonPosts: 8

THIS VIDEO SUMS UP THE NEW PATCH IN 12 SECS

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    Originally posted by IrishChai

I don't understand the hate towards Blizzard at all.

Diablo 3 its an excelent game in wich i spent more hours playing than  any other single player game in the last 2 years. And  i can also play it co-ops, all seems good to me. And people still say its not worth the 60 bucks.

I'm pretty casual at any game since i have a life, job, family etc and still havent finished Inferno. I see it as a game I can come  back anytime i wish. But somehow people expect the "play" of an MMO. The same people that come to this forums everytime its posted some article related to it, saying "why is this on this forum? Its not an mmo." Yet, you play it like one and expect the longevity of one and many other etcs.

Even the hate towards WoW and its comunity, "its for 12 year old kids"...  or retards, pokemons, pandas and whatever.  Even not liking it, you guys should recognize the quality they deliver on their product, even if its not for your taste. Doesn't mean is garbage. Some might want to rethink who got 12 years old afterall.

I don't even play WoW, but i don't see the diference in having pandas or maybe, humanoids with tree heads and leafs, childs like in Tera or half naked asian avatars.

This just tells me this forum is full of haters  that doesn't  got anything else interesting in their lifes to do, besides spiting crap out of things they don't like. And people who think that playing something less popular makes them special and eventually  they become superior beeings with superior opinions.

Anyway,  my english is so terrible that I have a really hard time putting my ideas into text so I'll stop here  :)

I can only speak for myself, but I think you're greatly misunderstanding the reason for the complaints. Diablo 3 is a series that created a lot of fans just out of it's last iteration Diablo 2 alone. People are naturally going to hope that Diablo 3 contains many of the great elements to it that made D2 so much fun. Blizzard is failing to do this in certain areas.

I don't see anybody trying to play Diablo 3 as an MMO. I'm definitely not. We're playing it as the ARPG that it is, and it's not competing with other titles on the ARPG market. I'm not talking about MMOs. When I specifically ask why it is on this site, I do so because I DON'T think it's an MMO and don't play it as one, so that accusation is just wrong and misguided. If you spent more time playing ARPGs, I think you would understand that playing it for a very long time is still the target within ARPGs as it is with MMORPGs. You just go about it in a different way, by repeating randomized dungeons instead of questing or running the same instances for years.

It's not coming from 'haters' either. I think you will find most of these people really liked Blizzard games, and are more longtime fans getting burned than a group of haters. Blizzard is diverging away from creating the content that these fans have come to expect. That is reason to vocalize a complaint because they can either learn from their mistakes that is currently dividing their fanbase, or they can ignore their fans and lose a lot of money.

edit: accidentally came off as a little insulting in 3rd paragraph. Hopefully fixed. Sorry!

not buying diablo 3 is one good thing i did in my life :) . i have already pre ordered torchlight 2 as it is only 20 us dollars and you get torchlight 1 too if buying from steam . so even if torchlight 2 fails (i hope not ) .the post purchase dissatisfaction will be quite less than if i had purchased diablo 3 and yesi  agree with you blizzard is bent on trying to proof that diablo 3 is mmo but its not .