Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Anet: "endgame is not 100% completed"

otinanai123otinanai123 NowherePosts: 265Member

 

read: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/51308-gamescom-when-its-ready-authenticators-gvg/

 

- Yes, even Anet calls it endgame. It's time for fanboys to stop saying "the endgame starts at level 2".

- "ANET is not expecting the the end-game to be reachable quickly" <- we all know that's not true.

- scary D3 comparisons 

«134567

Comments

  • RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Huntsville, ALPosts: 1,365Member Uncommon

    well thats interesting.

    i wonder if they're talking about orr?

    i guess it doesn't matter though to me, endgame starts at 1 and all.

  • VolkonVolkon Sterling, VAPosts: 3,788Member

    You left out a lot...

     

    PS - They are aware of the disaster of Diablo with the end-game and ensured that will not happen to GW2, after the release team will jump all just work in end-game.

    5. Are being explored new methods of PvP, GvG is confirmed to return to GW2, but said they could not disclose much more.

    6. New merchandise will be launched on 28/08/2012, including Dragon T-Shirts.

     

    Here's the thing... as much as it would be a nice warm and fuzzy to hear the entire endgame (whatever that may be) is fully, 100% ready, it will take some time for people to get there. Even if a few race on ahead and miss most of the world in a mad dash to get there they likely won't be able to do much anyhow until the rest of the world catches up. One does not simply walk into Orr and complete it alone. The work it'll take to simply gain access to the final dungeons will act as a buffer against the speedy, foolhardy few.
     

    Oderint, dum metuant.
    image

  • JagaridJagarid West Covina, CAPosts: 415Member

    Of course it isn't.  What MMO is ever "done"?   The only ones that fit that bill are the ones that are no longer being supported by the devs at all.

    The same was true for Vanilla WoW,  Dire Maul and 40-man raids were all added later, after launch.  Things turned out okay for that game, I would say. image

  • MacecardMacecard WokingPosts: 142Member Uncommon

    It depends how you read it really doesn't it? Not 100% can mean 90% completed.

    Also it can be a negative or a positive. It depends what 100% is.

    If someone said that WoW's end game (as of today) was only 50% complete, you wouldnt throw your arms up in anger at the incomplete game, you'd be like OMG..this is only 50% of the endgame?!?!?!

    Context is required, those bullet points can mean anything the read wants them to mean.

    If you continue to make sweeping statements like you know what everyone everywhere thinks about a certain topic then I am going to shout at you.
    It easy to type 'I think this is the worst game ever'
    Rather than the 'This is the worst game ever'

  • ScalplessScalpless SnowballvillePosts: 1,396Member Uncommon
    That's a fan-made translation of a fan-made Spanish forum post.
  • VorchVorch Somewhere, FLPosts: 800Member

    This worries me. However, I'll believe them until they screw me over.

    In addition, I think there will be plenty of dungeons to run before the level 80 ones for the gear that people need. The difference between GW2 and some others is that there ARE multiple things to do to progress...you are not forced to do one type of content.

    Still, they need to get their shit together.

    "As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

  • dllddlld GöteborgPosts: 542Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by dekou
    That's a fan-made translation of a fan-made Spanish forum post.

    Actually the translation is provided By Google.

  • RoxtarrRoxtarr Freeland, MI, MIPosts: 1,122Member
    They are still playtesting this stuff.  It's being tweeked and will most likely continue to be adjusted as it's tested.  It's not like they have this blank canvas at level 80.  

    If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.
    image

  • VolkonVolkon Sterling, VAPosts: 3,788Member
    By the way, apparently this "source" is from a post on a forum from a Portuguese visitor to Gamescon and shouldn't be considered reliable. It's a forum rumor basically that has at least one level of translation if not more.

    Oderint, dum metuant.
    image

  • JagaridJagarid West Covina, CAPosts: 415Member
    Originally posted by Volkon
    By the way, apparently this "source" is from a post on a forum from a Portuguese visitor to Gamescon and shouldn't be considered reliable. It's a forum rumor basically that has at least one level of translation if not more.

    So it is a post, from a second hand source, run through an automatic translator.

    Wow, that sounds like definite, solid insider information to me!

  • ConnmacartConnmacart OsloPosts: 681Member Uncommon

    how much context is missing from those quotes. 

    He clearly isn't talking about reaching 80 here because that has already been calculated into less than 120 hours played. So some people will reach it in about a week of hardcore playing. 120 hours is generous here btw it. Developers err on the wrong side when it comes to how long it will take to level  to max. So most likely it will be less

    So for all we know he was talking about final chain events weren't completed yet. Anet has stated before that it might take months to culminate into a final event of a chain. These chain events also no doubt will take many players to cooperate to accomplish, which again will take a good while to even get started on them as people will need to catch up to those hardcore players that raced through the content.

  • The_KorriganThe_Korrigan EastPosts: 2,630Member

    Oh no, some random spanish dude pretends having heard that the end game is not ready. The end is near.

    And the person posting it here isn't a surprise for anyone either - another "GW2 is doomed" post by the same person.

     

    Come back when you have an official post about this.

    If you wonder why I don't answer your posts, it's most likely because you are on my block list - so don't waste your time.

    image

  • FusionFusion VaasaPosts: 1,391Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by otinanai123

    - "ANET is not expecting the the end-game to be reachable quickly" <- we all know that's not true.

    I also doubt this much, took a guildie of mine 1 BWE to reach lv41 and he wasn't even rushing, he did sleep during the nights.

    Currently playing: -

    Waiting for: Class4.

    Dead and Buried: ESO, NWO, GW2, SWTOR, Darkfall, AO, AC2, Vanguard, CoH/V, EnB, EVE, Neocron, FE, EQ, EQ2, DAoC, FFXI, FFXIV, SWG, WoW, and billions of eastern junks!

  • KrossliteKrosslite Folsom, PAPosts: 317Member

    should have just posted all the comments:

    Quote

    1. The accounts will have a system authenticator (digital and possibly physical) similar to WoW - official information will come out next week.

    2. In case of account hacking the account may be restored to their prior state before the intrusion.

    3. There will be live in-game support (similar to WoW) through tool that we already use to report BUGS, we will be able to contact a GM in real time.

    4. The end-game is not 100% completed, there is much work to do, but ANET is not expecting the the end-game to be reachable quickly, they are now focused on the release, if all goes well they will move on to work at 100% in the endgame (DiabloIII nostalgia??).

    PS - They are aware of the disaster of Diablo with the end-game and ensured that will not happen to GW2, after the release team will jump all just work in end-game.

    5. Are being explored new methods of PvP, GvG is confirmed to return to GW2, but said they could not disclose much more.

    6. New merchandise will be launched on 28/08/2012, including Dragon T-Shirts.
     
     

    A MMO is like life. It is something to cherish and enjoy upon in it journey. So why race to the end of it. In life at the end you die.

  • JagaridJagarid West Covina, CAPosts: 415Member
    Originally posted by Fusion
    Originally posted by otinanai123

    - "ANET is not expecting the the end-game to be reachable quickly" <- we all know that's not true.

    I also doubt this much, took a guildie of mine 1 BWE to reach lv41 and he wasn't even rushing, he did sleep during the nights.

    Not to mention that people reached level 80 during the BWEs.  Are we supposed to believe that ArenaNet would be unaware of what levels people got to and how long it took them to get there?

    The simple fact is that the development of a MMO being worked on after release is normal, for ALL MMOs that are being supported.  So essentially, end game is never 100% complete.    

    Personally, I don't care either way.  It always takes me months to reach the level cap...I play too many alts.

     

  • aesperusaesperus Hamshire, NVPosts: 5,128Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by otinanai123

    read: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/51308-gamescom-when-its-ready-authenticators-gvg/

    - Yes, even Anet calls it endgame. It's time for fanboys to stop saying "the endgame starts at level 2".

    - "ANET is not expecting the the end-game to be reachable quickly" <- we all know that's not true.

    - scary D3 comparisons 

    Reliable sources pls.

    And btw, there are numerous sources showing Anet saying "endgame starts at lvl 1" or "the entire game is endgame". Troll all you want, but that blade cuts both ways.

  • CelciusCelcius Posts: 1,001Member Uncommon

    While I don't believe this entirely, it is hard to dismiss it certainly. ArenaNet saying something like this is going to have backlash if they were quoted properly. Thing is, this information was gained by some random guy who went to GamesCon. The source may be misquoting what was actually said. I think it is fair to assume that what they said is that the "End Game" is never completed and that they were going to keep adding to it. 

    On the flip side, the source could be spot on. While this will create some backlash, I don't think it really matters that much. ArenaNet is an honest company and usually pretty transparent about these kind of things. I am not worried about the remaining parts of end game not being implemented by launch. Orr will be there and so will legendaries...that is enough for me. They may be talking about something unannounced, which is not necessarily a bad thing anyways. We will see what happens, but I don't think any of this really matters at this point. I would wait until you see something official to get the whole scope of the situation.

  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Riverside, RIPosts: 3,266Member Uncommon
    If ANet waited until everything was "done" with GW2, the thing would never release. Seriously.

    Played: AA, AC1, AC2, Aion, AO, AoC, CO, CoX, DAoC, DCUO, DN, EVE, EQ1, EQ2,
    ESO, FE, FFXI, FFXIV, FF, GW1, GW2, Istaria, L2, LoTRO, MO, MxO, NW, Rift, RoE,
    Ryzom, SB, SWG, SWTOR, TERA, TSW, WAR, WoW, WURM...

  • MrlogicMrlogic Posts: 178Member
    Originally posted by Macecard

    It depends how you read it really doesn't it? Not 100% can mean 90% completed.

    Context is required, those bullet points can mean anything the read wants them to mean.

    ^ this!

    Op trying to throw a wrench at "fanboys" because he found a tiny window of opportunity to do so?

  • NaeviusNaevius Houston, TXPosts: 334Member Uncommon
    "Not 100% completed" could mean 95% completed, so it's hard to say what the implications are. I would be surprised if someone doesn't hit 80 before the official launch, and really surprised if no one makes it in the first week.
  • itsbigmikeitsbigmike Youngsville, LAPosts: 86Member
    Originally posted by Connmacart

    how much context is missing from those quotes. 

    He clearly isn't talking about reaching 80 here because that has already been calculated into less than 120 hours played. So some people will reach it in about a week of hardcore playing. 120 hours is generous here btw it. Developers err on the wrong side when it comes to how long it will take to level  to max. So most likely it will be less

    So for all we know he was talking about final chain events weren't completed yet. Anet has stated before that it might take months to culminate into a final event of a chain. These chain events also no doubt will take many players to cooperate to accomplish, which again will take a good while to even get started on them as people will need to catch up to those hardcore players that raced through the content.

    I'm not sure if their hours played to 80 esimation is anywhere near close. Reached lvl 27 in maybe 20 hours of play during BWE#2 just doing W v W v W. If time per level is roughly the same for every level as they say I would be looking at less than 80 hours til 80 myself. I mean clearly the source for the OP's article isnt really reliable and I suspect there will be plenty for people to do for quite awhile just judging on how little I actually accomplished as opposed to what was available. Pretty much spent all of BWE#3 just exploring cities.

    twitch.tv/boonmackle

  • MrJones77MrJones77 Dayton, OHPosts: 17Member

    Game developers are always tweaking some aspect of their game post launch. I'm sure the "end-game" content is there, they probably meant they it is still being tweaked and tested. Seriously, the age of games being "100%" complete is over. Even console games have patches now. As someone above stated, if a game dev until their game was "100%" complete to release, it probably never would.

    ANet has this under control. I actually have faith them, unlike a couple of other developers. *points to Bioware and Blizzard*

  • XarkoXarko Hradec KralovePosts: 394Member Uncommon
    As others said, end game is never 100% completed. What worries me more is quality of end game content which IS completed :)
  • CorrineCorrine miami, FLPosts: 77Member
    I'm not going to let this news bug me until I hear a direct quote from ANet themselves. And define endgame, is Orr not done, the legendary weapons aren't available yet, can I still get all the achievments in every map I go to?  Just saying "endgame" for gw2 is just to vague.

    image

  • tomfabiotomfabio Victoria, BCPosts: 25Member
    Originally posted by Volkon

    You left out a lot...

     

    PS - They are aware of the disaster of Diablo with the end-game and ensured that will not happen to GW2, after the release team will jump all just work in end-game.

    5. Are being explored new methods of PvP, GvG is confirmed to return to GW2, but said they could not disclose much more.

    6. New merchandise will be launched on 28/08/2012, including Dragon T-Shirts.

     

    Here's the thing... as much as it would be a nice warm and fuzzy to hear the entire endgame (whatever that may be) is fully, 100% ready, it will take some time for people to get there. Even if a few race on ahead and miss most of the world in a mad dash to get there they likely won't be able to do much anyhow until the rest of the world catches up. One does not simply walk into Orr and complete it alone. The work it'll take to simply gain access to the final dungeons will act as a buffer against the speedy, foolhardy few.
     

     

    "One does not simply walk into Orr and complete it alone."

    "One does not simply..."

     

    Challenge accepted.

    image

«134567
This discussion has been closed.