Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OK, OK, I did it!

GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

I finally broke down and bought the game.

Once my biggest concern was confirmed not to be an issue in the last stress test, there I no longer had any reason not to purchase, so I did.

GL all. See you in 5.

Comments

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

Well I was waiting for you to decide!..

now I guess Im gonna have to buy it too..image

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    one of us. one of us. one of us....
  • dzoni87dzoni87 Member Posts: 541
    Welcome to the dark side... image

Main MMO at the moment: Guild Wars 2
    Waiting for: Pathfinder Online

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    hope you have fun!!! highly doubt you will be dissapointed:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991

It was only a matter of time.

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• eggy08eggy08 Member Posts: 525
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    hope you have fun!!! highly doubt you will be dissapointed:)

If you are it's Aerowyn's fault. Over hyping and all that nonscence

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Those five cannot come soon enough! I've been mostly involved in non gaming activities so it will be a little sweeter. See you at midnig... 9pm PST...
  • KrossliteKrosslite Member Posts: 317
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

I finally broke down and bought the game.Once my biggest concern was confirmed not to be an issue in the last stress test, there I no longer had any reason not to purchase, so I did. GL all. See you in 5.

Dang I wanted to be the only old fart in the game

A MMO is like life. It is something to cherish and enjoy upon in it journey. So why race to the end of it. In life at the end you die.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Originally posted by swordmark45
    Originally posted by GeezerGamerI finally broke down and bought the game.Once my biggest concern was confirmed not to be an issue in the last stress test, there I no longer had any reason not to purchase, so I did. GL all. See you in 5.

Dang I wanted to be the only old fart in the game

You have to maintain a proper ratio of adults to children.

But I doubt there will be enough adults to keep us kids in line. LOL

• clumsytoes44clumsytoes44 Member UncommonPosts: 463

We are the borg, resistance is futile....

And we might have a sweet deal with the keebler elves for unlimited ammount of cookie's, as long as we order over 9000 cases....

hehe jk

• latinkurolatinkuro Member Posts: 121

Once my biggest concern was confirmed not to be an issue in the last stress test, there I no longer had any reason not to purchase, so I did.

GL all. See you in 5.

So what was this big concern than ? I'm curious to know.

Originally posted by latinkuro

Originally posted by GeezerGamer I finally broke down and bought the game. Once my biggest concern was confirmed not to be an issue in the last stress test, there I no longer had any reason not to purchase, so I did. GL all. See you in 5.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/360701/page/1

I've been around long enough to have learned to be skeptical even when others aren't, yeah sometimes, I may miss out, but more times than not, It serves it's purpose.

I have played enough games to seriously dislike Cash Shops. One of my favorites oldies, Anarchy Online, implemented a full fledged Cash Shop. And not the one with the Hover Bikes and costumes, I mean the one with the PVP gear, and tokens and buffs and other P2W items. Even after they said they wouldn't. Anyway. I know GW2 said they wouldn't put an Unfair advantage or anything "Evil" in the CS, but I wanted to wait to see it with my own eyes 1st. Initially, I was going to wait until after the 1st week.

But 2 things changed my mind. This thread above. and watching how NCSoft has handled Aion has been another reassuring factor that GW2 will be fine.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

You're going to have a good time, it's a pretty fun game. I've played it for over 60 hours between all of the BWEs and the stress tests and I barely scratched the surface.

For $59, I already got more out of this game than I did out of most other games I payed the same amount for.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

GL all. See you in 5.

Welcome to the game!

I hope you have a server / first character picked out, otherwise you're going to have a very interesting starting week. (sooo many choices, so little time).

• pacovpacov Member Posts: 311
  • latinkurolatinkuro Member Posts: 121

Originally posted by latinkuro

Originally posted by GeezerGamer I finally broke down and bought the game. Once my biggest concern was confirmed not to be an issue in the last stress test, there I no longer had any reason not to purchase, so I did. GL all. See you in 5.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/360701/page/1

I see, that was indeed a fair concern.

Originally posted by heartless
    You're going to have a good time, it's a pretty fun game. I've played it for over 60 hours between all of the BWEs and the stress tests and I barely scratched the surface.For $59, I already got more out of this game than I did out of most other games I payed the same amount for.

I've paid more money for less than 60 hrs of entertainment

You're going to have a good time, it's a pretty fun game. I've played it for over 60 hours between all of the BWEs and the stress tests and I barely scratched the surface.

For $59, I already got more out of this game than I did out of most other games I payed the same amount for.

Diablo III didn't even last 20 hours for me... sold it to a friend for only 10 bucks... he wouldn't even take 15 because of how bad the reviews are

• OldManFunkOldManFunk Member Posts: 894
    It's a great game. It won't be the last game that you ever buy but you also won't be sorry that you bought GW2. It's well worth the $60 even if you stop playing in 3 months.

Originally posted by aesperus
    Welcome to the game!

I hope you have a server / first character picked out, otherwise you're going to have a very interesting starting week. (sooo many choices, so little time).

I have not started any research.

I don't care about being on a realm that dominates Wv...well, maybe a little, but I do want a healthy population.

• Chase187666Chase187666 Member UncommonPosts: 138
    Heck yes! See you in game!

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    Originally posted by OldManFunk
    It's a great game. It won't be the last game that you ever buy but you also won't be sorry that you bought GW2. It's well worth the $60 even if you stop playing in 3 months.

The beauty of it is that because there is no subscription fee, you can just come back to it a few months or even years from now. You bought it, it's yours. Play it how you want and for how long you want. You don't feel obligated to log in all the time because you're paying a fee, you come and go as you please. I love it.

• gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861
    welcome to the cul... club! the koolaid here is delicious :D

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

Originally posted by Epic1oots
    Originally posted by pacov

Diablo III didn't even last 20 hours for me... sold it to a friend for only 10 bucks... he wouldn't even take 15 because of how bad the reviews are

why would a "friend" not even give u 5$ more, some good! friend u got.

umm thanks?

So now I'm on guildwars2guru trying to figure out what to roll, Leaning to Engineer... (How's the Steampunk Factor in GW2?....Light, Medium, Heavy?)