Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Drunk Gaming

2»

Comments

• QuicklyScottQuicklyScott Member Posts: 433
    Back in 2005, the main tank of our WoW raiding guild would always show up drunk.  It was hilarious speaking to him over teamspeak, he didn't perform that well and would always get in fights with an as drunk angry guy from Liverpool.  Good times.  I myself have never tried gaming while anything other than a little tipsy.

• IndromeIndrome Member UncommonPosts: 292

I have a few friends from the Netherlands who used to play League of Legends while smashed or a little stoned.

They were terrible. Slow reaction time, failure to comprehend go_no-go situations, overly ambitious at times and wrongfully careful at others. Just a crapfest through and through. Horrible gameplay, horrible outcomes. I don't think we ever had a WIN under those circumstances.

... most fun we've ever had in the game, though.

• Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081
    I just wanted to revisit this thread now that I am sober.............. there I revisited it, goodbye.

No signature, I don't have a pen

• TrionicusTrionicus Member UncommonPosts: 498
    Originally posted by Indrome

I have a few friends from the Netherlands who used to play League of Legends while smashed or a little stoned.

They were terrible. Slow reaction time, failure to comprehend go_no-go situations, overly ambitious at times and wrongfully careful at others. Just a crapfest through and through. Horrible gameplay, horrible outcomes. I don't think we ever had a WIN under those circumstances.

... most fun we've ever had in the game, though.

Having fun would be the idea. Wanting to win can't be a priority.

• strangepowersstrangepowers Member UncommonPosts: 630

Originally posted by Trionicus
    Assuming this topic is allowed I'm going ahead and discussing it. It is absolutely not possible to properly game while smashed. I am indeed testing this theory as we speak and I have to say, it's not working. The constant themes of this session seem to be "I didn't notice that" or "Fuck it, let the healer do some work". Soloing is a no go, It's like.... a no go lol PVP - forget it. Where do i start... not where I'm supposed to, I can tell you that much.

Heh, not everyone is such a lightweight...

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

When I'm drunk and go off PvPing, "To oowwnn soem of thoz irritatin noobsch ... hic!", I usually end up doing extremely well for some minutes, then totally fall flat as my concentration disappears and my reflexes get super slow :p

Without a good dosis of alcohol I would never have come through some raids either, haha...

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• kb4blukb4blu Member UncommonPosts: 717

I really enjoy playing MMOs when I have had just enough to make my face numb.  Everything is funny and I do fairly well.

I am a happy drunk and all the crap you see on main chat cracks me up. When I am sober it makes me mad.

So bring on the beer.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085
    Considering I live in a fairly constant state of sedation, I think the title of this thread should be changed to "Drunk Gaming: The Only Way".

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Gaming with a Buzz on rocks. I find everything funnier and even dying because I am inebriated is funny. 

There is however a point when you become unable to play due to intoxication LOL. 

So yeah, having a few beers while playing = Good. Getting Wasted = Bad

Also, Op is a lightweight ;)

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    I've often thought it would be nice if more games were designed to be played will drunk or stoned.  A more layed back experience that's just meant to be experienced, rather than always being about challenging the player.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• TrionicusTrionicus Member UncommonPosts: 498
    Originally posted by Lawlmonster
    Considering I live in a fairly constant state of sedation, I think the title of this thread should be changed to "Drunk Gaming: The Only Way".

I may need to follow your excellent example, not a fan of liver disease so maybe a modified version with baked goods may be called for.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    Im fine when tipsy.  But isnt smashed where you cant stand straight and youre falling all over the place? I dont htink anyone can do anything other than fall down in that case...And probably throwing up.   Too much alcohol is bad!

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• wr036wr036 Member Posts: 24
    I don't play drunk as I don't drink very often, but I play high all the time. When I'm really stoned, I find that I tear it up, especially in battleground situations. I'm less risk averse and often find myself over-extending, but damn if it isn't fun as hell. 99% of the time I find that I have more situational awareness, more concentration and just generally play better while stoned. That 1% of the time, I'm completely fixated on some butterfly flying around in the background, but it's beautttttifffuuuuulllll.