Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bored out your nut waiting...

DonY81DonY81 Member UncommonPosts: 398

What are you doing, it would be nice to know what your playing in terms of games too..

Tried to play wow for a filler until next week but i read an article on these forums the other day and i cant find it now. Anyhow its totally put me off of wow.

Tried BF3, its ok for a short bursts...

Anyone else?

Comments

• KilmaulKilmaul Member UncommonPosts: 121

Trying GW1, but it isn't the same fix as GW2  :(

Team Fortress 2 a bit

Borderlands some

Swtor sub just ran out (oh noz!)

So, watching a movie here and there and also trying to finish Brandon Sanderson's  The Way of Kings.  If you like fantasy books, that one is really good.

• Matheusor1Matheusor1 Member Posts: 174
    I'm doing the new questline/event in GW1, it's supposed to wrap up the campaigns and make you feel nostalgic and stuff. Sounded nice at first but it's kinda lame, it's just running around lol
  • AndorhalAndorhal Member UncommonPosts: 73

Darksiders 2, bad PC port, but there is an extremely awesome game behind it.

Sleeping Dogs is a good suggestion who isn't a fan of hack-and-slash combat.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990
    I picked up Dead Space 2 on Steam since it was only 6 bucks at the time. Been tinkering with that and Awesomenauts as well as Blacklight Retribution.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• SchockeySchockey Member UncommonPosts: 58
    Vanguard just went free to play. It is a shame they did not do more for the game it really is nice. I personally skipped the isle of dawn though to get away from all the other noobs lol.
  • fiesta87fiesta87 Member UncommonPosts: 13
    CS:GO

• MisthawkMisthawk Member UncommonPosts: 63
    I actually started playing the Dragon Quest series, starting with the 1st, and going in chronological order from there, for memory's sake.  Haven't gotten too far, though, due to RL being busy.
  • stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

I just cant get into any games at the moment except GW2.....

I am catching up on some TV I have missed, and reading Otherland by Tad Williams(Yes! A Book!)

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Canceled my WoW yesterday! Not counting the origial box and the expansions, I have spent over $1300 on the game. Anyway, I have until the 23 to play it but I'm not even close to wanting to do it.

I have been spending time playing Vanguard in the mornings, but only for about an hour before my mind wanders to Tyria. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108
    Tribes Ascend

Originally posted by Amjoco

Canceled my WoW yesterday! Not counting the origial box and the expansions, I have spent over $1300 on the game. Anyway, I have until the 23 to play it but I'm not even close to wanting to do it.

I have been spending time playing Vanguard in the mornings, but only for about an hour before my mind wanders to Tyria. 

You aren't curious about MoP at all?

I can't get into that game anymore. Haven't played it at all since Cataclysm. Even with WOTLK I only checked it out for a month. I loved the game but simply got tired of it. Kudos to you for being able to enjoy it as long as you did.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

Originally posted by Wickedjelly

You aren't curious about MoP at all?

I can't get into that game anymore. Haven't played it at all since Cataclysm. Even with WOTLK I only checked it our for a month. I loved the game but simply got tired of it. Kudos to you for being able to enjoy it as long as you did.

I will buy it just for the "collection" of expansions.  Will I play it? Probably, but not anytime soon. :) I'm retired so I can do a bit of whatever I want, but I'm investing most of my free time into GW2.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• BijouBijou Member UncommonPosts: 145

Watching movies. :)

I will buy it just for the "collection" of expansions.  Will I play it? Probably, but not anytime soon. :) I'm retired so I can do a bit of whatever I want, but I'm investing most of my free time into GW2.

Well now I'm just jealous. Good for you though. Good to see you can have the time to do what you want when you want.

Yeah, normally I steer clear of gaming on the weekends and go out. However, I must admit that even I plan on being a hermit come next weekend and playing the shit out of GW2.

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146
    Playing a certain Trion game's Alpha, good distraction, but with every new clip or soundtrack release its getting really hard to block it out, a part of me still can't believe its this close. Managed to avoid all beta info and footage for the last 3 months, but there's too much to ignore now and all the anticipation from the last 3 yrs is back. I guess I could play through EotN again, I miss Vekk. Asura for life.
  • CenthanCenthan Member Posts: 483
    Originally posted by Schockey
    Vanguard just went free to play. It is a shame they did not do more for the game it really is nice. I personally skipped the isle of dawn though to get away from all the other noobs lol.

I tried VG for the first time yesterday or the day before.  Played it for about an hour, then haven't touched it.  Coming from my EQ roots, I thought I would love it, but just can't get into the game play unfortunately.  I don't know if it's the clunky interface, outdated graphics, or what the reason is.  It was just very blah to me.

Just very anxious to be playing GW2 as well.  Been getting my billing done, doing projects around the house, etc.  Trying not to have anything outstanding to do once GW2 is released image

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
    Got 17/50 HoM points last night after completing my Discordway Hero Team and stomped the Eye of the North content.
  • MarajhaMarajha Member Posts: 22
    Playing through my steam sale games, right now its far cry 2 and reading the last book of a song of ice and fire, should last me through next week, between that and work i´m set untill next saturday :)
  • CenthanCenthan Member Posts: 483
    Originally posted by zevni78
    Playing a certain Trion game's Alpha, good distraction, but with every new clip or soundtrack release its getting really hard to block it out, a part of me still can't believe its this close. Managed to avoid all beta info and footage for the last 3 months, but there's too much to ignore now and all the anticipation from the last 3 yrs is back. I guess I could play through EotN again, I miss Vekk. Asura for life.

I actually feel for you.

One thing I'm glad about is that I really didn't follow this game at all until literally a week and a half ago.  Been very axiously awaiting the release.  I can only imaging the torture it would be if I followed it as most people have for 3 years.

• ChaulsinNLChaulsinNL Member UncommonPosts: 182
    Playing some Skyrim, come monday a new Trueblood, tuesday Breaking Bad and the new Diablo 3 patch. Think this´ll tide me over till saturday :)
  • KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    Teaching my daughter how to ride a bike, doing some reading (Game of Thrones series), farming some stuff for my soon-to-be Monk in WoW come MoP, and leveling my Forsaken Hunter a bit in WoW. Playing BF3 about an hour per day, and some Minecraft too.
    Originally posted by Wickedjelly

Well now I'm just jealous. Good for you though. Good to see you can have the time to do what you want when you want.

Yeah, normally I steer clear of gaming on the weekends and go out. However, I must admit that even I plan on being a hermit come next weekend and playing the shit out of GW2.

Don't be jelous, retirement comes with a price. I will die before you and miss all this awesome gaming you younger people will be getting. o.O

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Minecraft atm.
  • rob.in.azrob.in.az Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by Kilmaul

trying to finish Brandon Sanderson's  The Way of Kings.  If you like fantasy books, that one is really good.

Really love The Way of Kings.  One of my favorite fantasy books of all time.  Sucks that it's going to be around another year before he releases the next book in the series...sucks even more that it'll be the better part of a decade before he finishes the series.  Went back and read his Mistborn trilogy after reading Way of Kings, also really good.  But I digress.

I'm watching stuff from my DVR, doing stuff around the house.  I'm going to be utterly useless on Friday afternoon at work...more so than usual.

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

Most of my spare time goes in trying to decide a profession to start GW2 with...

I've been juggling between warrior, guardian, engineer, ranger, and elementalist, trying to decide which one to pick. Lately I've managed to narrow it down to warrior, guardian, engineer, ranger, elementalist and mesmer. Hmm...

Also, Valve released Man Vs Machine at quite nice time tbh, I've been playing it a bit even if I'm not that big of a TF2 fan, think I played it 3 hours total before MvM, and have managed to more than double that now!

L4D2 and Skyrim a bit if I'm not doing something else like cutting the grass or teaching the cat how to open doors herself. She knows how to knock on a door but the opening part is still RNG based.

Guess I'll clean up the house properly before next weekend, it might be the last time this year when I do that, based on GW2 success on me :P