Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 would've been a fun game to play if...

2»

Comments

• WeretigarWeretigar Member UncommonPosts: 600

You know what if this was his first tread like that it would be cool.  

however he already made this tread about dcuo http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5203032#5203032

and made this tread trolling gw2 http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5192107#5192107

and this one http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5166208#5166208

im tired of his trolling and it aint even about this single post.

• ozmonoozmono Member UncommonPosts: 1,211
    Originally posted by Weretigar

You know what if this was his first tread like that it would be cool.  

however he already made this tread about dcuo http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5203032#5203032

and made this tread trolling gw2 http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5192107#5192107

and this one http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5166208#5166208

im tired of his trolling and it aint even about this single post.

Well I'm not defending the poster rather I am defending the thread. I will not defend the poster because I don't know their history and maybe because of that ignorance calling him a troll and so on is more excusable than I previously thought.

That said if the OPs credibility is questionable than it would have helped if people had said so when attacking him. Questioning someones credibility by bringing up their post history is far more compelling than just calling them a troll anyway, atleast I think so.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    Originally posted by Tamanous
    Originally posted by heartless

Every time I try to pick up DCUO, I get bored by like level 12 and stop. I did it a few times with different characters and it's always around level 12 for some reason.

Anyway, OP, grats of finding a game you enjoy. Hope it lasts you, good luck!

Sadly this happens to me in GW2 earlier than even that. I wish it didn't.

No game is created for everyone. Some people like DCUO, some don't. Same with GW2, WoW, CoD or thousands of other games. Good thing that we have lots of options to choose from.

• teotiusteotius Member UncommonPosts: 100
    cool story.
  • MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015
    Why don't you post on DCUO forums?

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• SvarcanumSvarcanum Member UncommonPosts: 425
    Comics? Ewww. I'd rather play in the Family Guy universe than in a place where people run around in brightly colored underwear.
  • Vore_TechzVore_Techz Member Posts: 122

Look into my eyes....

Do you see even one ounce of "give a crap"?

(>^_^)> MMO Veteran <(^_^<)
    Currently Playing: Tera Online

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Move this to the appropriate forum please. I'm glad you found a game that you enjoy, but this really has no business in this subforum at all.

imageimage
  • lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    Originally posted by Magnetia
    Why don't you post on DCUO forums?

the thing is why you guys are posting in it and keeping it on top of the gw2 forum ? let this post die like countless other ones . stop posting here . if he has trolled so have you . dont give fuel to troll posts .

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990
    Kudos OP. Have to give credit where it is due. I would have thought by now people would stop taking you serious but rather apparent from the replies they still do.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817

SOE's new advertising campaign ? 

Send trolls to mention GW2 in the title but fluff up there games ?

Lolipops !

• MahavishnuMahavishnu Member Posts: 336

Ah Pupogero, one of the regular GW2-trolls.

Ok, I feel some compassion for you!

What was it, that GW2 did to you? Something terrible in your childhood? Did you feel embarrassed or hurt because of GW2? What happened? You can tell us, we will listen! And nobody will laugh, I promise! We want to help you to become a better person, we want to help you to reintegrate yourself into the MMO-community. There is always hope for poor fellows like you.

Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

The problem with GW2 is that you play another game? This is one of the most pointless threads I seen ever.

You should have written a thread in DCUs forum about that you like the game and decided to resub (which of course makes us all wonder why you quit in the first place), nothing here have anything to do with Gw2 and you just put that in the title so more would read it...

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

OPs post history tells me he has never had any intention of playing GW2, this thread is so obviously flame bait, the post has already been reported and yet this thread still lives? I despair at these boards lately seems moderation has taken a back seat. It may be because they feel that trolling and flaming attracts more posters but at what cost?

I'm glad you're enjoying DC OP but you know as well as I that it was posted in the GW2 section purely because you have a downer about GW2 and its fans, you can say otherwise but obvious is obvious. You should be posting in the DC boards and encouraging other people to play it or if you insist on posting in the GW2 forum you should be making side by side comparisons with an intelligent critique.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990
    Originally posted by EvilGeek

OPs post history tells me he has never had any intention of playing GW2, this thread is so obviously flame bait, the post has already been reported and yet this thread still lives? I despair at these boards lately seems moderation has taken a back seat. It may be because they feel that trolling and flaming attracts more posters but at what cost?

I'm glad you're enjoying DC OP but you know as well as I that it was posted in the GW2 section purely because you have a downer about GW2 and its fans, you can say otherwise but obvious is obvious. You should be posting in the DC boards and encouraging other people top play it or if you insist on posting in the GW2 forum you should be making side by side comparisons with an intelligent critique.

Please, it has only been a couple hours in the middle of the night for them. It will get modded. If anything moderation around here has been out of control lately.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578
    Originally posted by Dawnstar

DCUO held my interest for about a month...

And I'm a fan of DC Comics.

Oh well, on to the awesomeness that is GW2!

THIS^

Have fun for each his/her own!

Playing GW2..

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by EvilGeek

I'm glad you're enjoying DC OP but you know as well as I that it was posted in the GW2 section purely because you have a downer about GW2 and its fans, you can say otherwise but obvious is obvious. You should be posting in the DC boards and encouraging other people to play it or if you insist on posting in the GW2 forum you should be making side by side comparisons with an intelligent critique.

I just got into Vanguard again...shouldn't I be promoting the game here in the GW2 General Discussion forum? /sarcasm.

I too am glad the guy is happy with the game, but this shouldn't be in the GW2 forum. It seems everyone has an angle to jab at GW2 fans without actually coming straight out and doing it. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• dzoni87dzoni87 Member Posts: 541

Oh hi again mister "Frog with a cloak"

When i saw who was author of OP i didnt even bothered to read...

Main MMO at the moment: Guild Wars 2
    Waiting for: Pathfinder Online

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708

I agree with the OP in regards to the Theme of GW2 being overdone (midieval fantasy), and that DCUO is a good game.  I do not however think it is necessary to bash one game to promote another.  I'm glad he found a game he likes, but dispite its flaws I prefer GW2 currently.  The best part is I can play both!

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• SabasSabas Member UncommonPosts: 217
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    It seems everyone has an angle to jab at GW2 fans without actually coming straight out and doing it. 

Hehehe, then again can you blame them?

GW2 is making a joke out of many subscription based games, I really do understand the anger.

This discussion has been closed.