Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild wars 2 will have cash shops.

azrael466azrael466 Member Posts: 365

according to http://my.mmosite.com/2221790/blog/ritem/upset_over_guild_wars_2_cash_shop_leak.html there will be a cash shop implemented in the game. Now while I won't go into any specific details this will include buying things such as crafting, experience, and karma boosts as well as a "find magic" boost which increases the chance to get rare items among the standard cash shop fare like renames and character slots.

Remember a few years when WoW announced they would be selling a few non-combat pets for real cash and everyone got their panties in a knot screaming about how much cash shops fail, no good game will ever have a cash shop, and they're quitting because of it?

Or how when TSW was being released, all the trolls went on and on about "lawlz P2W" when the only thing in the cash shop are clothes and pets?

pepperidge farm remembers. /flamesuit.

Playing
Nothing
waiting for
The secret world
Played
WoW, DCU online, star wars: the old republic, city of heroes, city of villains, everquest, plenty more I'm probably forgetting or aren't worth noting.

Comments

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    Originally posted by azrael466

according to http://my.mmosite.com/2221790/blog/ritem/upset_over_guild_wars_2_cash_shop_leak.html there will be a cash shop implemented in the game. Now while I won't go into any specific details this will include buying things such as crafting, experience, and karma boosts as well as a "find magic" boost which increases the chance to get rare items among the standard cash shop fare like renames and character slots.

Remember a few years when WoW announced they would be selling a few non-combat pets for real cash and everyone got their panties in a knot screaming about how much cash shops fail, no good game will ever have a cash shop, and they're quitting because of it?

Or how when TSW was being released, all the trolls went on and on about "lawlz P2W" when the only thing in the cash shop are clothes and pets?

I called it earlier today! The P2W is back!

Edit: I'm getting pretty good at predicting what type of hate posts we're going to get.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    video in my sig all about gw2 cash shop, whats in it and everything

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341
    Holy crap are you late to the party. A cursory glance over the GW2 forums would show you how old news this topic is and how much it's already being debated.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• JagaridJagarid Member UncommonPosts: 415
    Man, this forum is getting cluttered with all of the dead horses.
    Originally posted by heartless

lol so true.. hmm what's next? probably the trinity debate again or open world pvp.. or hmm so many... well got them all in my Hot Topics section in my sig so pick one heh

not like anyone reads stickies anyway

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

welcome to the party op

someone else started same thread today w same 5 month old link

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/360902/MMOsitecom-hacks-on-GW2s-cash-shop-.html

Originally posted by Aerowyn

lol so true.. hmm what's next? probably the trinity debate again or open world pvp.. or hmm so many... well got them all in my Hot Topics section in my sig so pick one heh

I think that when some people see the word "Sticky" their mind substitutes with "Don't Read!"

• Grotar89Grotar89 Member UncommonPosts: 347

Enjoy in TSW. Hope it was fun to buy box+sub evry month+cash shop. I heard things aint going well for TSW....

And abot GW2 cash shop, you are late to the party, although i hope u heard

• PiratePetePiratePete Member Posts: 105

When in doubt just pick "Gw 2 has no raids" see a post on it every single day for quite some time now. 

• RoybeRoybe Member UncommonPosts: 420
    He uses the megaphone as a reason against GW2.  Apparently he's unaware that that was removed after BWE1!! trololol
  • azrael466azrael466 Member Posts: 365

Well, admittedly. I don't follow GW2, in fact I have no interest in it at all and the only reason I know about this is because someone brought it to my attention on another gaming forum.

I just think its hilarious how the same things GW2 fanboiz(no one speciifc) used to bash other games and claim "this game suxorz GW2 is going to be the GOD OF MMOZOMFGWTFABBQ!", are now being ignored or excused when they get put in their beloved MMO...That isn't even out yet.

Playing
    Nothing
    waiting for
    The secret world
    Played
    WoW, DCU online, star wars: the old republic, city of heroes, city of villains, everquest, plenty more I'm probably forgetting or aren't worth noting.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

Im not sure why these threads are coming up. This has been debated to death, it seems some folks did not know and just found out. I suggest doing some digging, there are countless threads on the subject.

Originally posted by PiratePete

When in doubt just pick "Gw 2 has no raids" see a post on it every single day for quite some time now. 

Oper world PvP works pretty good too, since GW2 doesn't have it.

I think we should make a sticky with all possible compaints, just so people will have a nice list to choose from when they decide to create yet another hate topic.

Then again, they'll probably ignore that one too.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Been discussed earlier this week (already noticed this post has been reported as well)...

YES, GW2 will have a cash shop. NO, GW2 won't be P2W because of the cash-shop.

The thing you're referring to has been pulled from the CS and all items now there are either 'time savings' like XP potions or fluff items like costumes and extra storage.

Other note - GW(1) had a CS with much the same items and I've never heard anyone complain about that...

Well, admittedly. I don't follow GW2, in fact I have no interest in it at all and the only reason I know about this is because someone brought it to my attention on another gaming forum.

I just think its hilarious how the same things GW2 fanboiz(no one speciifc) used to bash other games and claim "this game suxorz GW2 is going to be the GOD OF MMOZOMFGWTFABBQ!", are now being ignored or excused when they get put in their beloved MMO...That isn't even out yet.

All the other games, like TSW, have a box price, cash shops and subscription fees.

GW2 only has a box price and a cash shop. See the difference?

Originally posted by Reizla

Been discussed earlier this week (already noticed this post has been reported as well)...

The thing you're referring to has been pulled from the CS and all items now there are either 'time savings' like XP potions or fluff items like costumes and extra storage.

Other note - GW(1) had a CS with much the same items and I've never heard anyone complain about that...

Excuse me, but what "thing" I'm refering too? the only thing that I mentioned directly was "time saving" things like XP potions, karma, ect.

Did you even read the OP?

Playing
    Nothing
    waiting for
    The secret world
    Played

• HonnerHonner Member Posts: 504
    What's new?

All the other games, like TSW, have a box price, cash shops and subscription fees.

other games, like TSW, are also PURELY COSMETIC, where as GW2 is putting in things like XP pots and karma.

So, its okay to put things that actually change the game experience for you, as long as you don't charge a sub. But if you do charge a sub, its not okay to even put cosmetic only items in the game?

I just want to clearify exactly what you're saying.

Playing
    Nothing
    waiting for
    The secret world
    Played

Originally posted by Reizla

Excuse me, but what "thing" I'm refering too? the only thing that I mentioned directly was "time saving" things like XP potions, karma, ect.

Did you even read the OP?

So whats the point of your post? If you are informing us that game will have cash shop thank you, it is new info for us we didnt know that....

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015
    Originally posted by Jagarid
    Man, this forum is getting cluttered with all of the dead horses.

Blizzard ORM has to find something to argue with.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

other games, like TSW, are also PURELY COSMETIC, where as GW2 is putting in things like XP pots and karma.

So, its okay to put things that actually change the game experience for you, as long as you don't charge a sub. But if you do charge a sub, its not okay to even put cosmetic only items in the game?

watch the videos on the cash shop all cash shop items can be bought using INGAME money so you don't need ot spend real money on ANYTHING besides the initial box price

Things you mentioned give no adventage to one player over another, you are perfectly fine without them.

And yes TSW and Funcom suck they make u pay box+sub+cash shop that is not acceptable, no wonder TSW is going bad....

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

You know, for an illuminati you seem awfully illinformed. I thought they were all about having accurate info.

Not to mention you're at least 3 months late to the party. We've known about the cashshop for a while, it's part of the B2P model. And as Aerowyn pointed out, there are quite a number of videos explaining how the CS works, why it isn't P2W, and why it's not even necessary to play the game.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

My big gripe with the TSW cash shop is that it has things you cannot get in game. 

XP pots only apply towards XP from mob kills, which is incredibly tiny as it is. As far as karma goes, you get so much of it in the game that my level 19 I had no idea what to spend it on. Ultimately, neither the karma boost nor the XP boost ruin the game for other players.

You're correct on the second account. No subscription fee = mostly cosmetic shop is fine. Subscription fee + cash shop = greedy.

I'm sorry that your game is dying. TSW showed a lot of promise, too bad it was released too early. Don't hate though. You can come play GW2 with us when TSW goes F2P with a cash shop similar to AoC's.

This discussion has been closed.