Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What game did you play 2000-2005?

What game did you play 2000-2005?

If multiple, just pick the one you've spent the most time playing.

Just curious.

(There are mosre games to list, but not enough poll slots.)

2000-2005 ONLY

Comments

• grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927
    I think you should have had SWG on that list, as I suspect you're going to end up with a lot of "other".
  • SvarcanumSvarcanum Member UncommonPosts: 425
    Mirkwood MUD and Anarchy Online (even though i dabbled in pretty much all MMOs that released)
  • FealStyrmFealStyrm Member Posts: 40
    Originally posted by grapevine
    I think you should have had SWG on that list, as I suspect you're going to end up with a lot of "other".

I had the feeling I forgot something... heh. You can only have 10 options anyways.

Also forgot anarchy and Lineage.. there are hundreds of games- even pre2005.

• grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927
    As probably guessed, it was SWG.  Although played UO for a while.
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    I dabbled in Runescape and a game called Dark Ages but my pc was shit so I didn't get to play EQ, etc.  Then I found Guild Wars and shortly after that, WoW.  The rest has been major trial and error.
  • KyarraKyarra Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Dark Age of Camelot then switched to SWG in 2003.
  • RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

swg, anarchy online, subspace, everquest, asheron's call 2, earth and beyond, world of warcraft, ultima online, the realm online, eve online, final fantasy xi..

and a few more including some online asian games of which i can't remember the names.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    Anarchy Online.
  • FealStyrmFealStyrm Member Posts: 40
    Originally posted by Ramanadjinn

swg, anarchy online, subspace, everquest, asheron's call 2, earth and beyond, world of warcraft, ultima online, the realm online, eve online, final fantasy xi..

and a few more including some online asian games of which i can't remember the names.

2000-2005 only.

I should have voted for EVE, I picked the game out of my collection that I thought nobody would vote for ><.

I bought shadowbane at walmart, started playing that and then it was like someone flipped the switch. Then I bounced around to EVE, DAOC several times. I tried getting into EQ  and EQ2 but I just couldn't deal the the PVE centric gameplay.

Out of all the games I have played, even after 2005, none can compare with shadowbane. Even with the terrible graphics I've had more fun in that game than any other.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Gemstone III & IV...City of Heroes...WoW...GW(1)...Lineage(2)...EQ(1)...DAoC...EQ(2)...SWG...EVE

That's in approximate(!!) time-spent ranking, and ignoring overlap (multiple accouts).  And bear in mind that for most of this period, both SWG and EVE were...how to say diplomatically...substandard titles...(don't kill me).

Come to think of it, even discounting the Behemoth effect, this was a pretty baffling period for mmos in general.  All kinds of experiments and ideas, only one monster produced.  If you want to know how developers got "frightened" of experimenting, you may possibly want to make a very close examination of this period.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    mutter damned forum errors mutter

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

SWG until SOE broke it..

Then messed around in EQ2 and a few others for a bit.. didnt really have a proper long tern MMORPG until Darkfall came out..

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578
    Between 2000-2005 i definately spent more time in EQ but played AO, EQ2, WoW, DAOC and SWG as well..

Playing GW2..

• Originally posted by Ramanadjinn

Ah yeah Subspace, that brings back memories.  Good stuff back in the late 90's.  The slogan was "meet people from all over the world...then kill them".

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531

I voted other because I could pick only one and in this 5 year span I had been in way too many to list them all here. ^_^

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    SWG and FFXI.  First 2 MMOs for me.
  • HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    The only game I played pre-2005 was FFXI.  
  • Max_StrikerMax_Striker Member UncommonPosts: 263
    SWG was my first MMO and I kept playing untill they ruined the game with NGE. I can't say I loved combat upgrade but I could still have a lot of fun playing. But after NGE the game became ridiculous and I was forced to quit.
  • darkcrevicedarkcrevice Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Ferentus / Herrcot / Xiones
  • mustang2750mustang2750 Member UncommonPosts: 34
    DAOC
  • ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    Started playing Face of Mankind late 2005 I believe and before that not sure. Was CoH out then? Might actually go back playing that, still worth playing? Also played PS1. Oh and I did play WWIIOnline, just not 100% sure I actually fully got into it pre-2005.
  • OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756
    Dunno why you care what internet strangers have played in 2000-2005 and dunno why this is in the guildwars 2 forum.
  • dzoni87dzoni87 Member Posts: 541
    I could add WoW and Diablo II also, 'cause i cant vote multiple things :D

Main MMO at the moment: Guild Wars 2
    Waiting for: Pathfinder Online

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522
    A bit of EQ + UO then from 2002 on FFXI (that's when I started putting a lot of hours into MMO's, before FFXI I played on and off)
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

Man, that was a looong time ago.

*tries to remember

Diablo 2, Final Fantasy Tactics, Ogre Battle 64, Warcraft 3, Record of Lodoss War, Sonic Adventure, Skies of Arcadia, Soul Calibur, a freaking ton of strategy RPGs beyond what was mentioned, Divine Divinity,

*brain seize

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil