Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Sevencore: A Sci-Fi Fantasy Jaunt

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Gala Net is hoping to find the same success they once did with Allods, but without the controversy. In our latest preview, we take a look at the closed beta of Sevencore to see what this F2P title brings to the mix. Read on!

It’s not too much of a stretch to say that most import F2P MMORPGs are barely worth one’s time. But publisher Gala Net has been trying to change that mindset for years now. One could even say they succeeded (if with a few cash-shop blunders) with Allods Online. They’re trying to make a second strike with the upcoming sci-fi fantasy theme-park Sevencore from Noria. But in a world where many are clamoring for the death of the traditional WoW-alike, can Noria’s game make any dent at all? After spending a few hours with the title during its closed beta, I can’t say it’s going to topple Blizzard’s behemoth. But I can adequately say that it’s going to be a decently fun take on a familiar gameplay style… and it’s free to boot. Just don’t go expecting to be blown away by it, and you might find yourself enjoying what’s on offer.

Read more of Bill Murphy's Sevencore: A Sci-Fi Fantasy Jaunt.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    I wish them luck... It's a very generic WoW-clone that adds totally NOTHING to the current scene.
  • RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    Yeah except from what you can already see here.... A larger cup size :-) never a bad thing really imo
  • rmk70rmk70 Member UncommonPosts: 408
    This looks and sound terrible...
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Come on Bill, there is no such thing as free when it comes to f2p MMO's.  There is always a cost, just have to see how expensive they will make the game.  Most of us don't mind investing some funds in a good title, just that many of these f2p games become prohibitive in cost when it comes to upgrading items to be competitive.

I look at the classes and see fantasy ones, yet the game is Sci-fi?  Makes no sense to me, just hope it works in game I guess.

Hope they learned from their Allods mistakes.

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912
    Is it the same maker as Allods? ... if yes then end game will be P2W and cost you an arm and a leg. If not, I'll check it out. I'd be playing Allods right now if it wasn't P2W.

• ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    This game is a crap, like all other game from gPotato ... Pay2Win
  • nuttobnuttob Member Posts: 291
    I had fun in the game. May play it very casually.  The way the cash shop is set up will determine if I play to later levels. 
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    This game is very boring... Adding nothing new to the MMO scene, which isn't always a bad thing, but this game is just... ugh. I played the Asian beta so I know.

Smile

• mattic65mattic65 Member UncommonPosts: 191
    The one thing that really bugged me about this game was its excessively bright, primary colored color scheming going on with some of the mobs. It made me feel, at times, like I was trying to kill an action figure model of that mob. A small gripe, but things like this annoy me the longer I play.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Played the game for about 10 minutes and uninstalled.
  • jackie28jackie28 Member UncommonPosts: 108
    Installs with XTrap, for those of you who care about those type things.
  • EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

All healing is done through consumables, sort of like Diablo. Only here you’ll equip them and set an “auto-heal” level so that when your health or mana reach a certain level your character will automatically eat or drink to recharge.

Rings alarm bells straight away, ideal cash shop items that ensure you spend. How do you gain these items in game ?

• DominionlordDominionlord Member UncommonPosts: 180
    Worth checking out.it is ftp so why not?
  • stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720
    meh, looks and feels very generic asian grinder wow clone. No thanks

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• MalevianMalevian Member Posts: 48

Read over posts.  Need something to do.

Click website link.

See GPotato

Remembers Allods fiasco and the schemes on GPotato.

Closes page.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by EvilGeek

All healing is done through consumables, sort of like Diablo. Only here you’ll equip them and set an “auto-heal” level so that when your health or mana reach a certain level your character will automatically eat or drink to recharge.

Rings alarm bells straight away, ideal cash shop items that ensure you spend. How do you gain these items in game ?

same, as soon as i read that bit, i had the sudden premonition that the only way to do anything would be to buy loads of healing potions etc, i can see it now, special offer pack of 50 healing potions for just $9.99 buy 100 and get 25 extra free!

... the trouble with F2P games is that they must generate revenue, the problem is that most seem to demand more value from their transactions than you would expect to pay to maintain a sub to a P2P game.

• IndromeIndrome Member UncommonPosts: 292

At first glance at the screenshot above I honestly believed I was looking at a screenshot of a WoW female nightelve.

The I noticed the bigger chest area and went "Waaaait... gotta be a different game."

Then I looked at the background and went "Since when does Allods Online have nightelves?"

Only downhill from there. :D

... that said... from screenshots alone it looks too much like an unworthy WoW clone to ever spark my interest. I just always wonder where the money for these games comes from and why it isn't invested in something useful... bananabread for example?