Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 outselling WoW:MoP on Amazon US!

Comments

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Who buys from Amazon? lol.

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by eGumball

MoP will get the '' first week '', maybe '' first month '' but it won´t get the all time thingy. In the long run, Guild Wars 2 will more than crush MoP.

I share the same belief :)

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Chrisbox
    Who buys from Amazon? lol.

i do heh but they didn't offer pre-purchase right away so I just got it from the main site

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• VermilioNomyVermilioNomy Member Posts: 32
    Originally posted by Nadia

MoP will get the '' first week '', maybe '' first month '' but it won´t get the all time thingy. In the long run, Guild Wars 2 will more than crush MoP.

You're reminding me of those batman-fans that kept writing everywhere on IMDB/facebook: DARK KNIGHT RISES WILL CRUSH ALL RECORDS. Guess what, it didn't crush nada.

To the OP: using Amazon as your only "sales number" not considering the period when GW2 is launching and when kung fu panda is launching.... it just doesn't add up.

It seems our gw2-community is as focused on beating wow as in getting fps-smacked when WvWvW will commence.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    Gw2 releases in a week or 2...MoP doesn't
    Originally posted by VermilioNomy

You're reminding me of those batman-fans that kept writing everywhere on IMDB/facebook: DARK KNIGHT RISES WILL CRUSH ALL RECORDS. Guess what, it didn't crush nada.

To the OP: using Amazon as your only "sales number" not considering the period when GW2 is launching and when kung fu panda is launching.... it just doesn't add up.

It seems our gw2-community is as focused on beating wow as in getting fps-smacked when WvWvW will commence.

if i was OP i would have added in the things i posted earlier.. makes the number little more impressive.. allthough for a new AAA MMO a week before launch its really not suprising at all

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

I am?

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

MOP = cheaper to buy digital than boxed £35 boxed vs £30 digital 

GW2 = cheaper to buy box than digital £50 digital vs £35 boxed

I am sure the above factors in, but let's be honest MOP will sell more than GW2. 

Besides Justin bebeir sells more preorders than most does that mean he's the best musician? Yeah I went there.

• laokokolaokoko Member UncommonPosts: 2,004
    The only two number that matter is sub number for wow, and how many copies of GW2 is sold.  All other thing is hocus pocus.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Am I the only one not surprised a brand new game is selling better than an add-on for a game that released in 04?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Originally posted by laokoko
    The only two number that matter is sub number for wow, and how many copies of GW2 is sold.  All other thing is hocus pocus.

i'd be more concerned with how many people are you know actually actively playing the game.. but maybe that's just me

• SteeJanzSteeJanz Member UncommonPosts: 334

Jump to conclusions much.  The only thing the OP is stating is that currently GW2 is out selling MOP on Amazon.   There isn't any other underlining meaning other than, GW2 is out selling MOP on Amazon.   At this time. 

The community is excited about a game, why can't they be?  Nothing was made up here.  Just an observation was made by the OP.

However if you want some commentary on WOW being beat, I can say, with 100% surety that MOP is -1 player  and GW2 is + 1 player.   Not a huge swing or anything, just a fact.  So for me personally, GW2 wins.    

Originally posted by expresso

MOP = cheaper to buy digital than boxed £35 boxed vs £30 digital 

GW2 = cheaper to buy box than digital £50 digital vs £35 boxed

I am sure the above factors in, but let's be honest MOP will sell more than GW2. 

Besides Justin bebeir sells more preorders than most does that mean he's the best musician? Yeah I went there.

Wait your saying GW2 is like Justin Bieber....

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Originally posted by Distopia
    Am I the only one not surprised a brand new game is selling better than an add-on for a game that released in 04?

well lets consider this.. TERA and TSW combined didn't sell even half of what Cata sold for wow probably even lower than half.. so i dunno you tell me

oh talking US sales not sure how well TERA sold overseas I read not well but not sure

No your not lol, I'm glade I'm not alone.

Now what Aerowyn said, now that's a bit of a surprise to me ha ha.

• SteeJanzSteeJanz Member UncommonPosts: 334

I personally am not suprise either.  But for some, just seeing the big boy below someone for a change makes them tingle inside a bit.  Most people root for the underdog.

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Originally posted by Mari2k
    You can buy mop als digital from blizz at the same price then amazon , so the numbers are bs

Same goes for GW2.   I bought mine from ANet.   So your observation is noted and is meaningless.

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    i only see the CE for MoP where s the regular version?

First thing I did was to check if Amazon sells it.   They do.  

Originally posted by MosesZD
    i only see the CE for MoP where s the regular version?

First thing I did was to check if Amazon sells it.   They do.  

yea same I just don't even see it in the top 50.. unless i skipped it somehow.. which doesn't make sense because Cata is still in the top 50

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555
    Originally posted by smokedogg311
    Theres a 1 month gap between releases is why they are getting out sold right now. I personally dont see GM2 coming any near the numbers of this WoW expansion just because its blizz the masters of marketing.

I'm pretty sure their marketing tactics only work on those who have been groomed since birth to be mindless consumers, but that's just my opinion.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927

Hate to burst the bubble, but it doesn't mean anything.  Most WoW players seem to be going for the digital download, so they can start playing at Midnight.

Also ANet are charging a crazy amount, compared to other retailers.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

well lets consider this.. TERA and TSW combined didn't sell even half of what Cata sold for wow probably even lower than half.. so i dunno you tell me

oh talking US sales not sure how well TERA sold overseas I read not well but not sure

I'm not saying it's not an accomplishment, only that I'm not surprised by it, there's a lot of competition in this industry so being first in sales anywhere is no easy feat. TSW and TERA had no where near this much internet buzz and word of mouth advertising going on. I have to account that toward the difference in this case.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

yea same I just don't even see it in the top 50.. unless i skipped it somehow.. which doesn't make sense because Cata is still in the top 50

currently, MOP is not even the top 100 - i checked

but we all know how well MOP will sell first week    millionzzz

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    people in america and europe still play wow? i figured by all the bot spam long ago that was about all thats left.
  • tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    Originally posted by SteeJanz

I personally am not suprise either.  But for some, just seeing the big boy below someone for a change makes them tingle inside a bit.  Most people root for the underdog.

Even though those very people most likely helped Wow to be what it is today..it really is laughable