Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 outselling WoW:MoP on Amazon US!

fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

Amazon Top 10 sales in PC related software/hardware!

That's very interesting. Even spread across multiple product offerings, GW2 is outselling MoP!

Note: MoP Deluxe Edition is #2/100 MoP Standard Edition is only ranked #128 in the category on Amazon!

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

Comments

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

It's crazy because GW2 is 1, 3 and 8 on that list.

But also take into account that GW2 releases in 12 days and MoP releases in a month and a half.

• MercAngelMercAngel Member Posts: 204
    Originally posted by colddog04

But also take into account that GW2 releases in 12 days and MoP releases in a month and a half.

1,3,6 and 8 on list

• Mari2kMari2k Member UncommonPosts: 367
    You can buy mop als digital from blizz at the same price then amazon , so the numbers are bs
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    i only see the CE for MoP where s the regular version?

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• LummLumm Member UncommonPosts: 134
    Theres a 1 month gap between releases is why they are getting out sold right now. I personally dont see GM2 coming any near the numbers of this WoW expansion just because its blizz the masters of marketing.
    Originally posted by Mari2k
    You can buy mop als digital from blizz at the same price then amazon , so the numbers are bs

same with GW2 from the mainsite.. actually i can bet most sales of GW2 are from the main site and not amazon.. actually i can say this for sure because amazon didn't offer the pre-purchase right away so most bought it from main site or gamestop

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Amazon does not carry MOP Deluxe

dont you find it strange that WOTLK and CATA are in top 100 but MOP Standard is not?

for 60.00 Blizzard fans can buy the MOP Deluxe version w mount and pet

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

Yeah, but MoP standard Edition hasn't even cracked the top 100. The GW2 box edition has been in Amazon's top 100 for 181 Days! The only reason the other editions have only been ranked for 28 days is that's when they were listed on Amazon. MoP has been listed for some time.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

I know lots guildies/family/friends that bought the digital deluxe for MoP for the mount and pet. I bought the digital deluxe for my son too because he still plays WoW and also bought him digital deluxe for GW2 as he plans to play them both.

Nice to see GW2 #1 on Amazon though regardless.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

Originally posted by MercAngel

1,3,6 and 8 on list

Damn, lol. The big old expensive collectors box is number 6.

Originally posted by Nadia

Amazon does not carry MOP Deluxe

dont you find it strange that WOTLK and CATA are in top 100 but MOP Standard is not?

for 60.00 Blizzard fans can buy the MOP Deluxe version w mount and pet

Yeah and GW2 fans have been able to make a digital pre-purchase since April, including a Digital Deluxe Edition that is a digital purchase exclusive, but that hasn't prevented the game from grabbing the #1,#3,#6 and #8 slots on the top 10! You can't say "Oh, but MoP fans are probably buying digital editions", while ingnoring that GW2 DEs and DDEs have been the major source of sales for GW2 since April.

• DrDwarfDrDwarf Member Posts: 475

Oh come on don't ruin the kids fun !

For a few moment there he thought he was an analytical genius !

Originally posted by fiontar

Yeah, but MoP standard Edition hasn't even cracked the top 100. The GW2 box edition has been in Amazon's top 100 for 181 Days! The only reason the other editions have only been ranked for 28 days is that's when they were listed on Amazon. MoP has been listed for some time.

MOP Standard was in Amazons top 20 the first week it was announced,  July 26

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/358534/WoW-is-totally-dying.html

most Blizzard fans are getting the deluxe version

Originally posted by DrDwarf

you can do the same for GW2 so??? also amazon has only offered the pre-purchase which is the #1 selling product recently as gamestop and the GW2 main site offered it well before which is where most people got it from.. so for the pre-purchase to show up #1 on amazon is actually pretty impressive

Yeah and most GW2 fans pre-purchased digital editions and digital deluxe editions of GW2 well before Amazon was offering digital purchases. So, what is your point?

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Originally posted by DrDwarf

You can buy GW2 as digital directly from ANet at the same price... so what was your point again?

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

im happy GW2 is selling well on amazon but MOP will still crush it for first week sales

Yeah and most GW2 fans pre-purchased digital editions and digital deluxe editions of GW2 well before Amazon was offering digital purchases. So, what is your point?

Yeah, the logic is the same for both. What percentage of GW2 buyers do you think bought from Amazon over the ArenaNet  site? Probably a similar percetage that are going to buy WoW from Amazon.

I also have no clue why someone would think that "most Biizzard fans are buying the deluxe version." Is there any evidence of this? I've never bought a deluxe version of any of their expansions in my life and I don't know anyone that has.

But then, next month I expect WoW numbers to crush everything else on Amazon (concerning games).

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    My game is better than yours nah nah nah. Really why does it matter? Lol sales figures is the real mmo end game on this site. It's kinda sad

I also have no clue why someone would think that "most Biizzard fans are buying the deluxe version." Is there any evidence of this? I've never bought a deluxe version of any of their expansions in my life and I don't know anyone that has.

its an assumption yes

but I base this assumption on how well the WOW sparkle pony sold when it released

WoW 'Celestial Steed' Virtual Pet Generating Estimated $2.5 Million an Hour

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/wow-celestial-steed-virtual-pet-generating-estimated-25-million-an-hour/

Originally posted by Fendel84M
    My game is better than yours nah nah nah. Really why does it matter? Lol sales figures is the real mmo end game on this site. It's kinda sad

heh people are bored(like me) waiting for the game to be released.. better than talking about why GW2 doesn't have traditional raids or vertical gear progression at 80 for the 100th time

its an assumption yes

but I base this assumption on how well the WOW sparkle pony sold when it released

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/wow-celestial-steed-virtual-pet-generating-estimated-25-million-an-hour/

Since the majority of players did not buy a spakle pony, I don't think you can use that to translate to the majority of Blizzard fans buying the deluxe edition.

• eGumballeGumball Member Posts: 151
    im happy GW2 is selling well on amazon but MOP will still crush it for first week sales

Because MoP is a worldwide release and Guild Wars 2 is EU/US only. MoP will get the '' first week '', maybe '' first month '' but it won´t get the all time thingy. In the long run, Guild Wars 2 will more than crush MoP.

its an assumption yes

quite sickening actually