Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

*Official*(ish) Profession Thread for Launch! *NEW*

Comments

• Inf666Inf666 Member UncommonPosts: 513

1. Human Mesmer

2. In 2-3 months: the strongest PvP class.

1 = 2 would be so awesome.

---
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

• SimonVDHSimonVDH Member Posts: 178
    Originally posted by RagnorMalak
    Probably norn guardian or human guardian. I love to play support classes and guardian has the most support skills of all classes. Should be very useful for doing hard content with pugs and guild . Also, it doesn't rely on too many ground targeted skills, so I can play it with my xbox360-controller using xpadder software.

Guild Wars 2 with gamepad?

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235
    Originally posted by BadSpock
    Those who are undecided, what are you leaning towards?

Elementalist main PVE, maybe a warrior playing with my son (think he's panning guardian). Might have a separate pvp toon. I really dunno.

• Bl4ck3nDBl4ck3nD Member UncommonPosts: 114
    I've had a thing for Norse mythology for as long as I can remember, so for me it's Norn warrior all the way
  • seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202
    Elementalist for my first character, Guardian for second, we'll see afterwards, I plan on making at least 8 characters

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    im still undecided, but ill most likely have 1 of each class (except guardian and thief that i kind of dont like too much).

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    anyone know if there is a /who /who all type system in game?
  • BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Wow...with the exception of the warrior, everything is pretty close. 
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Lots of votes, pretty good distribution.

Lots of Warriors... very versatile class.

• I'm still not 100% sure whether to go Mesmer or Engineer, so hopefully the stress test today will help me decide before release.
  • KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

I am more often than not a huge melee fan and play traditionally focused melee classes (with a few exceptions like elemental shaman in WoW), so I was settled on the warrior, until I tried the ranger.

This will be the first time I main a Ranger type class in any mmo, but I love the look of a Sylvari Ranger, and the pet system seems pretty neat compared to other mmos I have played.

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708
    Originally posted by BadSpock

Lots of votes, pretty good distribution.

Lots of Warriors... very versatile class.

Yup, I suppose I will just be another furry (Charr) face in the massive warrior crowd!  I have to admit after playing each class to at least 20 it is the most refined and versatile class imo.  Playing every other class just makes me wonder why not just play the warrior (exception being ranged AOE, in which the elementalist wins, but the warrior longbow is fairly close).  Of course all opinions here!

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203

I have a feeling we'll see more elementalists than is apparent from this poll. It's a fun, versatile class with quite some "oomph".

The warrior dominance, on the other hand, doesn't surprise me. It feels really good to play. If I could tank with it (I know, I know!) I'd pick it in a heartbeat.

Still might...

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802
    Originally posted by solarine

I have a feeling we'll see more elementalists than is apparent from this poll. It's a fun, versatile class with quite some "oomph".

The warrior dominance, on the other hand, doesn't surprise me. It feels really good to play. If I could tank with it (I know, I know!) I'd pick it in a heartbeat.

Still might...

ele is also the most challenging prof and making a lot of ppl shy away from it. THat said my first alt will be an Asura ele :)

• ThububThubub Member UncommonPosts: 62
    I have changed my mind so many times now on what my first/main character will be.  I am torn between the elementalist, thief, ranger, and guardian.  I am thinking elementalist, but I also like being one of the under-played classes.  I suspect there will be a ton of elementalists.  I am used to playing a rogue in WoW, but the thief seems quite different than the rogue I am used to.  I love the ranger, but hate pets.  Guardian seems to be very fun, but I don't know how much fun the tank will be in WvWvW.  Ugh, so hard to choose.  Then there is the warrior.  I don't really know enough about that one to make a decision on it.  The mesmer, engineer, and necromancer don't really interest me at the moment, but I am sure pvping against them will give me a better idea if they would match my style.  It is sooooo hard to choose.
  • LethalJaxxLethalJaxx Member Posts: 105
    How do you people choose? :( All i know for sure is that i won't play Necro...As for the rest, all are equally fun
  • bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689
    Asura Thief all the way. Probably melee, I want to be in and out of combat.

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by bingbongbros
    Asura Thief all the way. Probably melee, I want to be in and out of combat.

Like up the Pistol/Knife & Sword/Pistol Combo.  Essentially you can shoot and bounce away from target, weapon swap and shoot and close into target.

That is going to be my build.

• Originally posted by LethalJaxx
    How do you people choose? :( All i know for sure is that i won't play Necro...As for the rest, all are equally fun

Yeah, I have a feeling the one I start with won't be my eventual "main".  Every time I try another profession it instantly becomes my favorite :)

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Hardest part is going to be resisting the alt-itus for a few weeks/months.
  • arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

Necro ftw!!!!

Although they seems quite hard to play ~_~

RIP Orc Choppa

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051
    Going to replay thief and maybe elementalist in a couple of hours. Those were the first classes I played in the BWEs, and I'll be checking back on them to see if much has changed.
  • gelraengelraen Member UncommonPosts: 316
    Originally posted by Eluldor
    Going to replay thief and maybe elementalist in a couple of hours. Those were the first classes I played in the BWEs, and I'll be checking back on them to see if much has changed.

I predict thief going massively up in popularity, once people learn how to play it and see its potential....

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362

I'm torn between thief and elementalist myself. Love all the classes really...

They're all great. Dangit... altistis kickin in again...

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    bumpeth