Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wargaming.Net Community

atomtanatomtan Member Posts: 106
I'm thinking about recommending this game to my father-in-law. He was a pilot in Vietnam, and currently has his pilot's license. He's retired, and spends a lot of time playing flight sims...he's pretty hardcore about it, meaning he'll spend several hours plotting his virtual flight on a real map, and has a air traffic control mod program to communicate with other flight sim players and dedicated air-traffic controllers.

World of Warplanes seems like it will be right up his alley, but I'm reluctant to recommend this game because of the potential for an immature community. I have not played World of Tanks (tanks just aren't my thing), so I'm just curious if the majority of Wargaming.Net's community is made up of fans of the genre or every Tom, Dick, and Harry wanting to play a free MMO.

Thanks in advance.

Currently Playing: Nothing...I'm developing.
Looking Forward To:

Comments

• DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

Both.

I have not followed WOP but, WOT, had options to join teams for the ones that took it more seriously. Teams/squads could join battles together, and even had areas and battles between teams.

Just depends on if you like the game and are having enough fun to pay a bit extra to go that route. Or just log in and do what you can for free.

• wizyywizyy Member UncommonPosts: 629

I would not recommend World of Warplanes, but instead War Thunder (formerly known as World of Planes)

Check out the gameplay that is available on youtube. Magnificent graphic and excellent gameplay.

People and mmorpg.com admins need to take notice of it. Mmorpg.com still has no forum for it and it's still listed under an old name.

Sign up for closed beta on www.warthunder.com or you can get a guaranteed closed beta access if you get a premium bundles for it at yuplay.com