Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria: Opening Cinematic Trailer Released

Comments

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    KUNG FU PANDA!

Smile

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938
    Awesome CGI from Blizzard as usual. Very Guild Wars Factions meets pandas vibes :P
  • BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Panda blows smoke into human warriors face, Mage crits with a fireball/pyro crit combo for half a million hp. Something ain't quite gelling :p

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991

The CGI trailer was pretty good, though I kinda wondered who put the orc in my Kung Fu Panda.

Still, as we have learned repeatedly, CGI trailers are often unlrelated to the quality of the underlying content. In the end, it's still WoW, love it or hate it.

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• ECGangelECGangel Member UncommonPosts: 39

was waiting for the `SKADOOSH!!`

• AhpolloAhpollo Member Posts: 2
    Great cinematic!
  • eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
    So they are doing away with the cartoony graphics?
  • MueslinatorMueslinator Member Posts: 78

Apparently, I am one of the very few not awed by the trailer. Yeah, it's pretty nifty as far as CGI goes.

Everything else? Resounding 'Meh'.

Maybe I'm getting older, maybe Blizzard is getting more predictable. But that trailer failed to evoke any emotional response in me. Nothing new, nothing interesting, all in all as forgettable as any TV ad nowadays.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

As usual with Blizzard vids, it was enjoyable and cool. I liked the not so serious ending.

Typical Orcs... always must destroy stuff wherever they go. XD

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Originally posted by BadSpock
    Originally posted by NoizMchn
    imo - best part is when they are standing side by side and he hands the spear over.

That made me chuckle - loved that.

Beyond that one clip though, kind of "meh" overall.

The CG quality is amazing, it's Blizzard of course it is, the ship battle looked incredible...

But they will never surpass WOTLK cinematic.

THAT is why humans always lose! It was THE opportunity to STAB the Orc while he was unarmed and gawking!

"Evil always wins, because good is dumb."

Push your advantage always!

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• KilmaulKilmaul Member UncommonPosts: 121
    Very cool trailer... until the panda showed.  Then it just got silly.
  • YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919

Once again:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5214410#5214410

my question is in this topic.

• ChaulsinNLChaulsinNL Member UncommonPosts: 182
    Liked the trailer, but not enough to resub to the game. 
  • SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551
    Man, Blizzard sucks!  Can't actually do any of that in-game...
  • fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

The trailer is very nice. But nothing compares to this :D 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYK_Gqyf48Y

This is the very definition of EPIC. Still Blizzard trailers are the best.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• Mari2kMari2k Member UncommonPosts: 367

Im glad that most of you guys like the cinamatic, I expected hate like always on this forum.

Movie would be great, but making a great 4 min trailer is one thing, but a 2 hour movie is a different world.

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

As somebody who is neither a big fan of the game nor this expansion (not a hater either, just not my thing), I applaud them for a great trailer!

Has a great vibe to it and conveys a sense of honor and also butt kicking goodness.

Kudos!

• FugglyFuggly Member Posts: 141
    Was fun to watch, I wont be partaking in the carrot for the dumbed down masses of gamers that is WoW though.

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

That was funny and awesome. 

LOL @ the hordes of Blizzard haters coming out of their caves for something as simple as a CGI trailer. 

But hey, haters gonna hate.

• escarretaescarreta Member Posts: 99
    Originally posted by jpnz
    Originally posted by Treekodar

I liked it. The whole "It needs to be dark and gritty so my friends will think I'm so cool!!" was getting boring any way.

Enough with the "it has to be dark and gritty to cater to a mature audience", and enough with the elves and orcs, that fantasy setting has been dried out. What I want is something new, something with a sci-fi setting.

Firefly MMO.

If 'Sci-fi setting' is your MMO thing, I don't think WoW is for you. :P

It seems a lot more light-hearted than usual and I think for the first time in an expansion, there was no 'BAD GUY'.

BC - Illidan, Wrath - Arthas, Cata - Deathwing but MoP? nothing.

The Bad Guy, according with WOW lore is Tai Lung

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Just got off the phone with a friend. He's going back. He jumped into WSG and feel back in love.  /sigh 

best battle grounds in the industry...

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

seen at forums

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6352745494

Dear Blizzard,

In your opening cinematic you show a monk soloing two players. This is completely unfair and I am considering canceling my subscription. Therefore this needs to be addressed or you could lose millions of players.

That's Chen Stormstout. If he was fighting Varian and Garrosh in the opening cinematic, you might have a point. Maybe. :)

• April-RainApril-Rain Member UncommonPosts: 316

amazing video, very funny and im afraid it makes me wana re-sub and check it out at release lol

dam game, i hate you blizzard!

Playing: FFXIV
    Future: wishing for SWG 2, World of Warcraft Classic
    Played: Most current and extinct MMO's - 18 Years in....

Interesting Fact - I own 27 Tarantula's

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by Somsbal
    Originally posted by kabitoshin
    That was kind of a let down, good CG though.

Indeed. The details and animations and all are great as usual, but it wasn't really as special as some of their previous cinematics. It felt very standard to me, unlike, for example, the WOTLK cinematic. Even the Cata cinematic, while somewhat cheesy, felt more epic.

But then again, i doubt that they intended to make an "epic" cinematic for MOP, as it probably didn't fit to the theme of the new expansion.

Still think a movie made like their CGI Game Trailers would do much better then the live action movie they try to get in production.

CGI will defenitly be noticeble in live action movie, instead make a full CGI movie

• markus2004markus2004 Member UncommonPosts: 43
    Look at the end, the globe show a map of denmark.. cool...but why lol