Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter: 'Early 2013' & New Trailer

Comments

• BeilochBeiloch Member UncommonPosts: 75
    The game looks alright I just wish they didn't call it an MMO.
  • AngelnishAngelnish Member Posts: 5
    Does not inspire confidence.Not appreciated.
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,960

Im Sucker for D&D , especially forgotten realms.

Thats all I can say

• yeecksyeecks Member UncommonPosts: 11
    cant wait to try it ^^
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Well, it at least looks a lot better than the trailer we saw when Atari owned Cryptic so it seems like PWE had a great impact on them.

Whicj is not really bad, Cryptic in the past have a rather bad track record. Too bad the the story still seems so cheesy, but at least the graphics looks acceptable now.

• OrthelianOrthelian Member UncommonPosts: 1,034
    Originally posted by spankybus
    Wow, poor Neverwinter...this franchise has done nothing but diminish since BioWare and the first version....now BioWRe are a joke and the newest Neverwinter just looks cheap and cheesy....what the hell happened to the universe!?

You seem to think this is somehow part of the Neverwinter Nights franchise just because it centers around the same city.

Favorites: EQEVE | Playing: None. Mostly VR and strategy | Anticipating: CUPantheon
  • DenambrenDenambren Member UncommonPosts: 399

woweeeeeeeeeeee

that's some stiffer-wiffer 1990s character animation

it appears the auto-fail button has been pressed

• rdrakkenrdrakken Member Posts: 426

Hard to "fail" with a FREE GAME. This game will easily surpass 1 million players just in Asia due to it being released by PWE and even if only 30k of them use the shop, they will make a profit in its first year...and Asians use F2P game shops far more than outside Asia.

Win/Win for PWE and us...the game is free so I lose nothing by giving it a go for a while when I need a change from what I am playing.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,892
    Originally posted by Po_gg
    Originally posted by jedensuscg

NWN was for the most part NOT as amazing as everyone wants to make it out to be.  Aside from Biowares story telling, the games are generally boring as hell to play.  User content helped alot, but in case you have not noticed, that is the main selling point of Neverwinter.

The Foundry in STO is the single most under-appreciated yet important advance in modern MMO gaming, hands down.  Even as a mainly "test" version that is in STO (The Neverwinter version is supposed to be more refined) it is a powerful way for talented people to tell a good story.

This.

Foundry rocks, and if the former NWN community starts adding user-generated content, Nevetwinter could be an awesome game. (although I ithink it will be good by default, sorry but I trust in Cryptic :) I like their games)

I disagree. I loved Neverwinter nights. Played many characters.

As a matter of fact,other than a character traiing/arena mod, I didn't even use mods.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • BanegrivmBanegrivm Member UncommonPosts: 262

Alright, while this is an MMO you naysayers have to understand something.

They aren't just trying to make an MMO here. They are trying to make a "Dungeons & Dragons" game. This means you're going to see a game that is story centrific and that's probably the reason behind many of their decisions. One of the reasons I am tired of modern MMO's is because of the fact they copy the broken EQ/WoW model, and it's been bad since EQ1 in my opinion. I don't like EQ1 and I don't want to play a bunch of other games based off of a game that I don't like, hence my not liking them for the exact same reasons.

This game is meant to be different. I love that about games such as D&D Online and City of Heroes because they break the mold. They aren't clones and they are story centric games that are just fun to play. This game looks good. I hear alot of people saying that the game sucks. Try it for yourself. It's going ot be free to play. I've played games before myself that I thought at first glance that I may not like and turned around and had alot of fun with them. You might be surprised if you give the game a chance. I was a naysayer about this game myself but when I started looking at some of what I was seeing for the game I found my curiosity became piqued as they were doing things differently and making an honest attempt to bringing D&D to life. 

Banegrivm
    Leader of the 1st Fist of Light
    www.1stfistoflight.com

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,606
    I will give this one a go as long as the cash shop does not point to pay to win.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

-Slightly off topic -

Where is the time to play all of these games coming up? Not to mention the players, a lot of them look decent enough, but this is getting ridiculous IMO, studios slow down, take a year or two off releasing MMO's I bet you'll only gain from it. :)

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• goemoegoemoe Member UncommonPosts: 272
    Looks not that impressive to me. Just another somewhat dated looking D&D. Give us something to AWE, or we keep playing our games.
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

There is only so many times you can stop the undead hordes from the named sorcerer...

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• LordOfPitLordOfPit Member UncommonPosts: 86
    It's the usual "We Need A Hero" trailer from Cryptic, only in D&D-guise... hmm, oh well, at least it's F2P.

• an0maly33an0maly33 Member Posts: 42

I'm really not understanding all the hate.  I never had a chance to get too far into CO, but from what I played it was fine.  STO is pretty much my primary game these days - bought the life sub at release and I don't regret it.  There were and still are some faults in STO, but the game has come a LOOOONG way since release.  I'd like to think they learned some things that they're applying to the development of NW.

Cryptic's (PWE's) f2p model is actually not bad.  Almost everything is actually free to play.  You can buy character species, uniforms/outfits, fancy-looking ships...I haven't noticed anything that gives any noticeable edge in day to day gaming in the store that couldn't be gotten through just playing.  Take that vs the SOE f2p model where you basically pay to try - No matter how much you spend in their shop you're always going to be inferior to a subscriber.

Judging by what they've done in CO and STO, I have confidence the game will at least be somewhat fun.  I also have confidence that the item shop won't grossly unbalance anything.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Branko2307
    Looking forward to all the NWN Lore in the game...

Love the D&D lore. Cinamatics aside, the trailer drew me in.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877
    Originally posted by Ozmodan
    Since it is PW you will have to be a confidant of the item shop to play this game, despite silly protestations that you can play it for free.  No PW game is ever free.

Ahh the ignorant posts....

Cryptic has already claimed there stance on this and it will not be P2W.  Cosmetic and convineince items, likely like GW2.  And it WILL be 100% free as they've said that many times.

• OlgarkOlgark Member UncommonPosts: 342
    Looks like the graphics engine has changed from the previous trailers looks more cartoony now.

• LizanteLizante Member Posts: 182
    Originally posted by rdrakken

Hard to "fail" with a FREE GAME. This game will easily surpass 1 million players just in Asia due to it being released by PWE and even if only 30k of them use the shop, they will make a profit in its first year...and Asians use F2P game shops far more than outside Asia.

Win/Win for PWE and us...the game is free so I lose nothing by giving it a go for a while when I need a change from what I am playing.

This.

This could very well end up bringing out the best of Cryptic and PWE.

Looks purely F2P with no P2W.  

Yep, worth a try with absolutely nothing to lose.

• wgc01wgc01 Member UncommonPosts: 241
    The trailer seems ok, I am sure the game will have a good niche market like most games these days, I am Neverwinter fan, but I am just burned like burned to a crisp on sword and board fantasy games, might be awhile before I give it a peek,/sigh
  • SketchSketch Member UncommonPosts: 337
    I love the NeverWinter games but nothing about this stood out, honestly I think this will just get lost in the shuffle of generic recycled mmorpgs.

• kilganankilganan Member UncommonPosts: 4
    PWE is always pay to win

may not start out that way, but eventually it will become that way
    happened with PWI, JD, ESO, BOI
  • SwampRobSwampRob Member UncommonPosts: 1,003
    Originally posted by bcbully

Love the D&D lore. Cinamatics aside, the trailer drew me in.

This.   I've got nothing to lose by giving it a try, since it's free.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

Very unimpressive.

But it's F2P, DND and multiplayer.  Definitely downloading this one.