Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Only the dead play World of Warcraft

Comments

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    What is funny about it is that it is successfully trolling people right as this moment.
  • TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555
    Originally posted by Rayshe
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    This is awesome.  It takes a special kind of person who sees giberish and finds out that it means something.

You mean it takes someone seriously bored to go invesigate gibberish.

Maybe if more people were bored we wouldn't have declining test scores in the schools.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Originally posted by colddog04
    What is funny about it is that it is successfully trolling people right as this moment.

Some developer at ArenaNet is currently patting himself on the back, saying "Well done".

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Originally posted by colddog04

I call it "poetic justice"... ;)

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    Originally posted by TruthXHurts
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    This is awesome.  It takes a special kind of person who sees giberish and finds out that it means something.

You mean it takes someone seriously bored to go invesigate gibberish.

Maybe if more people were bored we wouldn't have declining test scores in the schools.

Nah, School isnt exactly entertaining. If your bored while playing something that is ment to be entertaining then you will be bored doing something that isnt men't to be entertaining.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188
    Well ArenaNet won't be poking shots when people start leaving their game after 3 months from boring repetitive content. No worries fully confident Blizzard's next mmo will be something ArenaNet can only dream about making. 

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

LOL

I love it!

Originally posted by Mephster
    Well ArenaNet won't be poking shots when people start leaving their game after 3 months from boring repetitive content. No worries fully confident Blizzard's next mmo will be something ArenaNet can only dream about making. 

Really cause i see Blizzards next MMO not being that different from WoW. i wonder what classes they will use lol.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.

• Asuran24Asuran24 Member Posts: 517
    Hey now lets show some respect for the dead, and have several moments silence. Also atleast wow buries their dead, who knows what gw2 will do, we might have a new flavor of hot dog soon maybe.
  • ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802
    Originally posted by RebelScum99
    Originally posted by ariboersma
    Seriously, does no one else see this as cheesy. im waiting for them to stand up and say "this isnt Azeroth anymore" like rift did.

of course its cheesy, but what do you think about Blizzard and them trying to kill ANY game that comes out by waiting for them to announce a release date and then magically releaseing a key patch or expansion to hinder it. I think hiding a silly blurb in a fake language on a tomestone is far less ruse and makes me giggle.

Ummm, spin much?  What Blizzard does is what many businesses do.  They are simply trying to take down their competition.  Equating that with this amateurish swipe by ArenaNet is pretty ridiculous.  And saying what Blizzard does is worse is borderline retarded.  

I am not equating it, im showing that Blizzard is MUCH worse.. they have no morals as a company which shows in how they treat their customers and competition... Pretty sure Blizzard is the only video game company I have seen seek to screw others by holding back releases until they know when other games are coming out. Anet's joke is just that.. a joke and its HIDDEN not blatant.

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802
    Originally posted by Mephster

they can only dream about it because its so secretive no one know anything about it =P Other than an assumption that its a game that the company making it was bought by Blizzard? Activision? I forget the exact details.

Given the hatred of WoW these days i wont be suprised if somone pisses on his grave.  BTW im not defending WoW, Just saying Cheesy joke is Cheesy joke.

Because i can.

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

Hahaha RIP Wow player...

And ye i checked if the translation was right, even though i'm pretty drunk right now :D

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973

At first I was like, 'Wow, this is really tacky.'

Then I realized that it's gibberish that someone translated and not at all like the Rift 'Not In Azeroth' garbage. Kind of a neat easter egg, actually. And then I stopped caring.

• D_shandrilD_shandril Member Posts: 116
    Originally posted by Alot

I wonder if there's an "Arrow in the knee"-gravestone.

Do not know but there was a skill description before BWE2: cripling shot :Shatter your foe's dream of becoming an adventurer with a single arrow to the knee.

• SteeJanzSteeJanz Member UncommonPosts: 334

Its funny how people react.

I am pretty sure everyone in the Blizzard office, is not like, "Oh my gosh.  No they didn't just do that."  (Stomps in to Morhaime's office) "Did you see what they did.  That's crossing the line."

And I am pretty sure some at the Arenanet office is like, "what artist did what? That's it.  Seriously. Meh."

Forums make up more drama then teenage kids.

• MercAngelMercAngel Member Posts: 204
    Originally posted by Alot

I wonder if there's an "Arrow in the knee"-gravestone.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crippling_Shot

Before Beta Weekend Event 2, the first sentence of the description of this skill used to be "Shatter your foe's dreams of becoming an adventurer with a single arrow to the knee." This was a reference to a line of dialogue in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, wherein its town guards profess that they "used to be an adventurer", until they "took an arrow in the knee."

Originally posted by D_shandril

Originally posted by Alot I wonder if there's an "Arrow in the knee"-gravestone.
    Do not know but there was a skill description in BWE2: cripling shot :Shatter your foe's dream of becoming an adventurer with a single arrow to the knee.

Your link contains too much broken and not enough image, I'm afraid. :P

And yes, I know about Crippling Shot, but they changed the description unfortunately.

Edit: Congratulations, you ninja'd someone (poster above me).

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

MoP wont even last longer then GW2 in terms of contend, WoW players needs to pay and play 10 months again before any contend is released.

While GW2 players might be 80, they have a option to challange all the other zone's and do all of the 1600 Dynamic Events + 8 dungeons + WvW.

You guys can go back to Valley of Strenght with you newly created panda bear and level all the way to 85 before seeing the new continent with your new panda race.
    Then you can start farming honor in AFK valley and do another 5 versus 5 toll barad style fail pvp zone.

Dont act like WoW is better as GW2, you may have more asian players to make up that 9.1 million players, but the WoW EU devision has 70% death servers atm.

Hilarious that WoW players still think their game is better :)

• Asuran24Asuran24 Member Posts: 517
    Originally posted by Sukiyaki

Now I am worried about braindead zombies on the graveyards...

"Aaaaarrrgghhblrblb ... giev epix!!!"

Wait wow players have a brain? I though that was part of subbing wow, you hand over yoru brain, i mean that was part of my sub. An I am still waiting for them to send my brain back, got some poor thai girl's brain instead last time.

Originally posted by Asuran24

Originally posted by Sukiyaki Now I am worried about braindead zombies on the graveyards... "Aaaaarrrgghhblrblb ... giev epix!!!"
    Wait wow players have a brain? I though that was part of subbing wow, you hand over yoru brain, i mean that was part of my sub. An I am still waiting for them to send my brain back, got some poor thai girl's brain instead last time.

Strangely enough, most WoW players have actually got a job. They make surprisingly good actors when filling zombie roles in the Walking Dead.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by rygard49

At first I was like, 'Wow, this is really tacky.'

Then I realized that it's gibberish that someone translated and not at all like the Rift 'Not In Azeroth' garbage. Kind of a neat easter egg, actually. And then I stopped caring.

This. lol  A hidden message thumbing its nose at the big kid in town is amusing briefly, then you carry on and enjoy the game.

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

I don't mind developers teasing each other that way.

Of course, it says nothing about the game itself. GW2 fans will interpret it as "GW2 is so awesome, they know they will finish off Wow!", and WoW fans will interpret it as "GW2 developers are so desperate, they'll do just anything to get some more attention, even if it's quoting more successful games!".

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

It would be lame if they ran commercials for it or had it on the login screen.

But having something silly written on a tombstone in a weird language as an easter egg?  I think it's neat.

Hopefully there's more stuff like this (Not necessarily about WoW or other games, just messages like that you can decode)

Originally posted by coretex666
    Originally posted by Mothanos MoP wont even last longer then GW2 in terms of contend, WoW players needs to pay and play 10 months again before any contend is released. While GW2 players might be 80, they have a option to challange all the other zone's and do all of the 1600 Dynamic Events + 8 dungeons + WvW. You guys can go back to Valley of Strenght with you newly created panda bear and level all the way to 85 before seeing the new continent with your new panda race. Then you can start farming honor in AFK valley and do another 5 versus 5 toll barad style fail pvp zone. Dont act like WoW is better as GW2, you may have more asian players to make up that 9.1 million players, but the WoW EU devision has 70% death servers atm.   Hilarious that WoW players still think their game is better :)  
    A thread about ANET making a joke on Blizz's expense and this so called "Elite member" use this opportunity to shoot a post of ultimate hate

Well done... :D

Forums do not yet possess the technology to measure the quality of one's posts.