Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2.0 ingame footage

2»

Comments

• hail2dathiefhail2dathief Member UncommonPosts: 232
    Originally posted by ZizouX
    Originally posted by hail2dathief
    So i have the game already and I have a couple of characters that i fooled around with for my free month after purchasing the game.  If i resub anytime soon and play those chars. prior to 2.0 will they carry over or since it's a whole new client do i lose them?  

yes

Yes, the Chars. carry over or yes i lose them lol?

• CaptainSoapCaptainSoap Member UncommonPosts: 142
    So i have the game already and I have a couple of characters that i fooled around with for my free month after purchasing the game.  If i resub anytime soon and play those chars. prior to 2.0 will they carry over or since it's a whole new client do i lose them?  

yes

LOL you gotta love shitty answers. They carry over.

• hail2dathiefhail2dathief Member UncommonPosts: 232
    Originally posted by Soaapy

yes

LOL you gotta love shitty answers. They carry over.

Lol yeah gotta love ambiguity image

Thanks Soaapy

• braingame007braingame007 Member UncommonPosts: 98

Actually FFXI was in the same state as FFXIV at launch, people thought it sucked and was complete garbage and then they fixed things and made them better but they had a sound foundation to start that with.  FFXIV did not, it was launched early with no real direction as Yoshida said.  I have actually really enjoyed FFXIV through the thick and thin of the game as have many of fans and 2.0 Vid has blown our minds. I really can't wait to dive into "A Realm Reborn".

• bsukalabsukala Member UncommonPosts: 36
    2.0 Reborn looks simply amazing!!
  • YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

There are also a few HD videos out there now.  One is actually in another thread, but since people seem to be actively using this one:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bjqmc4c8m3Y

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732
    Originally posted by Yaevindusk

There are also a few HD videos out there now.  One is actually in another thread, but since people seem to be actively using this one:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bjqmc4c8m3Y

oooh i just cant wait to play 2.0 :) Thanks for this video.

• GamefunGamefun Member Posts: 290

Wow this 2.0 version blew me away. The video he used was terrible though. I did a search on youtube and there are 10x better videos from gamescom. It looks great.

If the developers are gonna go out of their way to completely overhawl and fix the game, I'll definitely be willing to give them another chance. I'm definitely going to try it out when it launches again for PC.

• ant211ant211 Member Posts: 54

its looking so much better.  what an amazing change to the gridania landscape!

i very much enjoyed ffxi, if this turns out half as good then ill be satisfied.

i will most definately try the game again when they relaunch it. fingers crossed!

• lightningjaclightningjac Member Posts: 92
    I want to see some magitek armor mounts
  • lightningjaclightningjac Member Posts: 92
    will i be able to play with my PS3 gamepad on pc version?
  • spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367

Yep. But if you get an adapter for USB to PS2 controller port (3 bucks on eBay) you can use one of these

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-NetPlay-Controller-Sony-Playstation/dp/B00006SKJ4

Looks strange, but it's the best mmorpg controller ever

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• drivecdrivec Member UncommonPosts: 104

anyone know if 2.0 will be easyer to run.

right now currently i am haveing a very hard time get steady fps of 30 especaily in town. i get 30 pretty easy just standing still but i move my camera to fast and I start spiking like crazy.

on the bench mark test i get a score of 2900. so it says i can run default and almost at highre res but I can barly run at below default setting with everything turned off in and out of game

• IneveraskforthisIneveraskforthis Member Posts: 374
    Originally posted by drivec

right now currently i am haveing a very hard time get steady fps of 30 especaily in town. i get 30 pretty easy just standing still but i move my camera to fast and I start spiking like crazy.

on the bench mark test i get a score of 2900. so it says i can run default and almost at highre res but I can barly run at below default setting with everything turned off in and out of game

Yoshida mentioned the new engine would be siginificantly optimized, i remember in gamecom he proves it by running 2.0 on his I5 laptop.

And IF Xiv2.0 indeed launch with the Ps3 version, i am sure most pc can run it since PS3 is fairly sub par compares to most PC.

• drivecdrivec Member UncommonPosts: 104

thanks for the input. 

I have relieved my problem a bit by force vsync. My fps was running fine . I was just haveing stuttering problems.

many people said turning on vsync or having and sdd helps to fix of alieve the problem

• DoomedfoxDoomedfox Member UncommonPosts: 679
    Originally posted by iamjason1989
    Originally posted by drivec

Yoshida mentioned the new engine would be siginificantly optimized, i remember in gamecom he proves it by running 2.0 on his I5 laptop.

And IF Xiv2.0 indeed launch with the Ps3 version, i am sure most pc can run it since PS3 is fairly sub par compares to most PC.

SE did say at the Original release that the PS3 version will not be the same as the PC version (just grafik wise tho) since the PS3 could just not handle it if they did not change that mindset (which i dont think they did) i dont think we can say that most pc can run it.

But most Pcs were ableto run it from the get go anyway you just could not run it on highest settings which was the plan from SE anyway (as they stated).