Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes: F2P Version Officially Launches

124»

Comments

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698
    Originally posted by Kraylor
    How the hell can $15 a month be too much to spend for a MMO?  I just don't get it.  I really wonder what age demographic the F2P crowd is.  $15 could fall out of my wallet each month and I wouldn't even notice.

So true... have to agree here.

• ThecowlordThecowlord Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by William12
    Originally posted by finnmacool1
    Originally posted by William12

If you don't read anything in this thread read this :)  Vanguard is not for you if

1. You wanna solo end game content

2. You want 1 button crafting.

3. You want things given to you without earning them.

4. You enjoy soloing over grouping.

5. You like theme park rail driven content and your hand held from 1 to max level (rift, gw2, etc)

6. I can keep going but this list is enough.

Vanguard IS for you if

1. You like massive dungeons from start to finish just google vanguard dungeons and count them all.

2. You like the social grouping aspect of MMOs.

3. You like complex crafting.

4. You like to explore and find new areas that barely anyone has ever been to.

5. You like housing.

6. You like a challenge and like to accomplish things in a group setting with friends or strangers.

7. NON instanced content from start to finish the world is open you see it you can go there.  The dungeons are part of the world they're not instanced.

If Vanguard is for you great play it and love it if not play something else and most of all have fun.

Sorry but both lists are inaccurate.

Cash shop allows you to get things without "earning" them.

Its very much on rails with rifts that direct you from quest hub to quest hub.

Most classes can solo just fine to 50.

Most the vg dungeons are far from "massive".

Housing is currently off limits for ftli players.

The challenge is no greater than eq1,eq2,wow,etc.

if you think VG even comes close to the on rails system rift has you never played either game.  Also there are massive dungeons no one ever said everyone of them was massive.  You have obviously never seen the cash shop if you think it has even decent items to buy.  Most classes can solo to 50 given time sure but level cap is 55 again showing you havent played the game.  You obviously havent played EQ1 2 or WOW in recent years all 3 are insanlely easy mode.  Vanguard is more EQ classic hard if you don't know what that means please move along.

I do agree that VG is more EQ classic hard, in that the group who desined VG is the same group who desined EQ. VG was supposed to be the next step up from EQ1. I did enjoy VG when I played it but had a hard time swallowing how much crafting had to be done just to build the smallest house or the biggest manshion. Still I did enjoy the game. Might have to return at some point.

• ThecowlordThecowlord Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by jpnole
    Originally posted by Kraylor
    How the hell can $15 a month be too much to spend for a MMO?  I just don't get it.  I really wonder what age demographic the F2P crowd is.  $15 could fall out of my wallet each month and I wouldn't even notice.

So true... have to agree here.

I can see why a person would not want to pay any fee for a mmo as there are many mmo's that have gone ftp and others that start ftp. Most of those mmo's that have gone ftp do have quite a bit of content and those mmo's that start off ftp are leaning toward having quite a  bit of content. So with a great deal of mmo's that either have moved to ftp and newer mmo's starting with ftp, why would anyone want to pay a monthly fee? I have played both styles and can say that for at least a few mmo's that do have a monthly fee are worth it, while others are not worth it. Just gota go with what you enjoy and screw everyone's else opinion. :)