Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What MMORPG has the best music? You decide!

12346»

Comments

• InlorInlor Member Posts: 37
    Originally posted by MacroPlanet
    Ultima Online for sure. Such great music.

I second that!

The answer has to be: Ultima Online! Picture yourself standing at the West Bank Britain, listening to the main theme, while folks around are riding past, fighting, spellcasting... Epic! And definitely better than sex :)

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649
    I turn music off in games.  It does not make sense to have music playing... look around, where's the group playing the music?  Oh, it's in your character's head?  Hrmmmm... do they make a pill for that?  :)

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• InlorInlor Member Posts: 37
    Originally posted by VirusDancer
    I turn music off in games.  It does not make sense to have music playing... look around, where's the group playing the music?  Oh, it's in your character's head?  Hrmmmm... do they make a pill for that?  :)

Hehe, you are quite right. Makes no sense at all. But then, music in movies does not make sense too. Spellcasting, monsters, travelling through space, bosses... well it's all kind of unrealistic and doesn't make any sense...

I wish there would be a group playing in my RL too :)

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649
    Originally posted by Inlor
    Originally posted by VirusDancer

Hehe, you are quite right. Makes no sense at all. But then, music in movies does not make sense too. Spellcasting, monsters, travelling through space, bosses... well it's all kind of unrealistic and doesn't make any sense...

I wish there would be a group playing in my RL too :)

On the other hand, I do appreciate that when you walk into a place that "should" have music playing - that there is music playing there.  For something like that, it would have probably been a toss-up between Anarchy Online and Star Wars Galaxies.

As for the other things that do not make sense, well - they make sense as far as the setting.  You expect spellcasting and monsters in a game with spellcasting and monsters.  Yes, movies have that issue as well - but for the most part, I tune that music out - kind of strange, eh?  It's funny to go listen to soundtracks and the music that supposedly played during a movie...it's usually a case of - oh, really?  Hrmmm...

Of course, Danny Elfman stuff in certain movies stands out - definitely.

Usually with a game, if I'm looking for certain music to play during a moment - I'll play my own music.  In that sense, I like games that have media players w/controls built in so I do not have to switch out.

I definitely have an easier time piping in music for a game like EVE or TSW...modern games, where I can rationalize that I'm listening to a radio of some sort.  In a fantasy setting though...

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• rivetman13rivetman13 Member Posts: 34
    you mean not everyone immediaetly turns the music off? Never really enjoyed canned music while I play any game
  • HolluHollu Member UncommonPosts: 3

Lineage II Chaotic Chronicle

I'm sorry for necroposting, I'm from google xD

This discussion has been closed.