Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bonus time

Comments

• sammandarsammandar Member Posts: 523
    Originally posted by Masa1
    Originally posted by sammandar
    Originally posted by seridan

I don't think that extra damage (+10%) and mitigation (-10%) will make a player better. Bad players will stay bad players no matter their equipment, they won't make the dungeons a lot easier, proper playing and character building is still a lot more important than a damage boost.

So what happens if both players are just as skillful and 1 has the boosts while the other one doesn't have??? TELL ME.

Just like you didn't bother to answer my question and instead wrote a wall of text, i'm not going to read your wall either.

We both know the answer for my question, you are just too scared to admit it.

So I repeat my question (in case some sane person wants to answer):

So what happens if both players are just as skillful and 1 has the boosts while the other one doesn't have??? TELL ME.

Masa1, no need to be rude.

How do you know I didn't read your question and asnwered it if you didn't bother to read my post?

Hint: My first paragraph addressed your question directly. My second and third paragraph expanded on the first paragraph.

We both know the answer to your question, you are just too scared to read my reply and admit to the basic flaw in your pointed question.

So I'll repeat my response (in case you decide to become a sane person and read my post):

Yellow: No two players are ever the same. Please don't use semantics to create a closed-system scenario where two theoritical players are essentally equal, whilst ignoring the element of reality, thus resulting in only one possible outcome. No scenario, is ever "closed", no two players are ever the same (talent, skill, good/bad days), and there is never only one possible outcome.

I've played in all the BWE's and in all the stress tests. I have mainly focused my gameplay in WVW, so as not to spoil PVE surprises (my peronsal choice - to each his own). In WVW, I have played against players who had obvious advantages over me, higher level (if you pay attention it's easy to tell), better gear and even buffs. Not once was I automatically defeated just because other players had said advantages over me. Yes, I died a lot (mainly cuase I'm overtly aggressive and find myself in difficult situations to get out off), but I also killed a lot (I've become very good at pvp'ing in wvw; i.e. combat strategy, not hiding behind other player's skirts).

As for SPVP, it won't matter because all players will be equal and in PVE eveyone is playing/working together (especially in dungeons). The only area where there is the possibility of an "unfair advantage" is in WVW; and Anet devs have already told us (SPOILER ALERT) that WVW will be unbalanced and "unfair". Catch is, the point of WVW is not competitive pvp (balanced pvp, we have SPVP for that), the point of WVW is to have fun beating (and yes, getting beaten) players from other servers; sure, even with a certain element of competition (server rankings). If players really want to be serious about their PVP, they should stick with SPVP (not that WVW is serious), but if players want to have fun in various ways (zergs, small team raiding, and major/minor siege warfare) then WVW is for you.

Just my two cents... cheers!

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by RizelStar
    Originally posted by Dietengu
    Originally posted by Vannor

I've only read the first post so I dunno if it's already been said but all those bonuses can be gained by buying food from vendors, from the tradepost or from crafting them yourself using cooking. Including XP ones. Start a human, go to the nearest vendor once in the main world... they have food items with a stat bonus and XP buff on them for 12c each. That's right from the start. I'm sure all races have some nearby.

This^  http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Food

lol I realized this last stress test.

Damage reduction? Speed boost? Damage increase? Wiki knows it all: NO, NO and NO.

You didn't know if you eat meatballs it makes you tougher?

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• Masa1Masa1 Member UncommonPosts: 318

I don't think that extra damage (+10%) and mitigation (-10%) will make a player better. Bad players will stay bad players no matter their equipment, they won't make the dungeons a lot easier, proper playing and character building is still a lot more important than a damage boost.

Just like you didn't bother to answer my question and instead wrote a wall of text, i'm not going to read your wall either.

*cut* Player with boosts wins. *cut*

I agree.

I've only read the first post so I dunno if it's already been said but all those bonuses can be gained by buying food from vendors, from the tradepost or from crafting them yourself using cooking. Including XP ones. Start a human, go to the nearest vendor once in the main world... they have food items with a stat bonus and XP buff on them for 12c each. That's right from the start. I'm sure all races have some nearby.

Damage reduction? Speed boost? Damage increase? Wiki knows it all: NO, NO and NO.

You didn't know if you eat meatballs it makes you tougher?

Toughness increase is probably calculated with square root, i doubt that +15 toughness is going to affect combat much.

Damage reduction boost on the other hand is a flat percentage. If you took 1000 damage before the boost, you'd take 900 damage while you have the boost.

*cut* Player with boosts wins. *cut*

I agree.

Masa1, why ask questions if you refuse to consider people's replies? [mod edit]

I think your question is a very legitimate one and I gave you a very thorough explanation as to not only why your question has flaws, in it of itself, but expounded and explained my response and even gave examples of personal gameplay experiences.

If you're goal is to troll, flame, hate or spam just say so, but at least here (me) there is one person who willing to engage you in discourse regarding your questions.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Damage Reduction: (Toughness is a defensive character attribute. Each attribute point put into toughness increases the armor of the character by one, which improves the character's ability to withstand direct damage.)

Meatball 20 Double-click to gain +15 toughness. Lasts 15 minutes. Chef tango icon 20px.png Chef (125)

Grilled Poultry Double-click to gain +10-20 Toughness based on your health. Lasts 15 minutes. Chef tango icon 20px.png Chef (0

Meatball Dinner 25 Double-click to gain +15 toughness. Lasts 30 minutes. Chef tango icon 20px.png Chef (100)
    Plate of Pasta with Tomato Sauce 20 Double-click to gain +10 toughness. Lasts 30 minutes. Chef tango icon 20px.png Chef (100)

Poultry Piccata 10 Double-click to gain +10-20 toughness based on your health. Lasts 30 minutes. Chef tango icon 20px.png Chef (50)

Sage Stuffed Poultry 25 Double-click to gain +15-30 Toughness based on your health. Lasts 30 minutes. Chef tango icon 20px.png Chef (125)

Speed Boost: (Swiftness is a boon that increases movement speed by 33%.)

Bowl of Simple Salad 5 Double-click to gain a 12% chance to gain swiftness when you kill a foe. Lasts 30 minutes.

Damage Increase: (Power is an offensive character attribute. Each attribute point put into this attribute increases the attack statistic by one, which increases damage for all attacks)

Spicy Meat Kabob 10 Double-click to gain +20 power while health is above 90%. Lasts 30 minutes. Chef tango icon 20px.png Chef (50)

Wurm Stew Double-click to gain +?? power. Lasts 10 minutes. Chef tango icon 20px.png Chef
    Cheeseburger 10 Double-click to gain +10 power ((this buff is placeholder until we get on the rally buff)). Lasts 30 minutes. Chef tango icon 20px.png Chef (50)

Grilled Steak Double-click to gain +10 power. Lasts 15 minutes. Chef tango icon 20px.png Chef (0)
    Roasted Meaty Sandwich 15 Double-click to gain +10 power. Lasts 30 minutes. Chef tango icon 20px.png Chef (50
    Spicy Flank Steak 10 Double-click to gain +10 power. Lasts 30 minutes. Chef tango icon 20px.png Chef (50)
    Spinach Burger 20 Double-click to gain +15 power ((this buff is placeholder until we get on the rally buff)). Lasts 30 minutes. Chef tango icon 20px.png Chef (100)

Cupcake 20 Double-click to gain +10 power. Lasts 10 minutes. 64 Bronze coin
    Eda's Apple Pie 10 Double-click to increase your power by 10. Lasts 1 hour. Chef tango icon 20px.png Chef (50)
    Slice of Rainbow Cake 15 Double-click to increase your power by 10. Lasts 10 minutes. 48 Bronze coin

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

Originally posted by stragen001

Damage Reduction: (Toughness is a defensive character attribute. Each attribute point put into toughness increases the armor of the character by one, which improves the character's ability to withstand direct damage.)

Meatball 20 Double-click to gain +15 toughness. Lasts 15 minutes. Chef tango icon 20px.png Chef (125)

Grilled Poultry Double-click to gain +10-20 Toughness based on your health. Lasts 15 minutes. Chef tango icon 20px.png Chef (0

Meatball Dinner 25 Double-click to gain +15 toughness. Lasts 30 minutes. Chef tango icon 20px.png Chef (100)
    Plate of Pasta with Tomato Sauce 20 Double-click to gain +10 toughness. Lasts 30 minutes. Chef tango icon 20px.png Chef (100)

Poultry Piccata 10 Double-click to gain +10-20 toughness based on your health. Lasts 30 minutes. Chef tango icon 20px.png Chef (50)

Sage Stuffed Poultry 25 Double-click to gain +15-30 Toughness based on your health. Lasts 30 minutes. Chef tango icon 20px.png Chef (125)

Speed Boost: (Swiftness is a boon that increases movement speed by 33%.)

Bowl of Simple Salad 5 Double-click to gain a 12% chance to gain swiftness when you kill a foe. Lasts 30 minutes.

Damage Increase: (Power is an offensive character attribute. Each attribute point put into this attribute increases the attack statistic by one, which increases damage for all attacks)

Spicy Meat Kabob 10 Double-click to gain +20 power while health is above 90%. Lasts 30 minutes. Chef tango icon 20px.png Chef (50)

Wurm Stew Double-click to gain +?? power. Lasts 10 minutes. Chef tango icon 20px.png Chef
    Cheeseburger 10 Double-click to gain +10 power ((this buff is placeholder until we get on the rally buff)). Lasts 30 minutes. Chef tango icon 20px.png Chef (50)

Grilled Steak Double-click to gain +10 power. Lasts 15 minutes. Chef tango icon 20px.png Chef (0)
    Roasted Meaty Sandwich 15 Double-click to gain +10 power. Lasts 30 minutes. Chef tango icon 20px.png Chef (50
    Spicy Flank Steak 10 Double-click to gain +10 power. Lasts 30 minutes. Chef tango icon 20px.png Chef (50)
    Spinach Burger 20 Double-click to gain +15 power ((this buff is placeholder until we get on the rally buff)). Lasts 30 minutes. Chef tango icon 20px.png Chef (100)

Cupcake 20 Double-click to gain +10 power. Lasts 10 minutes. 64 Bronze coin
    Eda's Apple Pie 10 Double-click to increase your power by 10. Lasts 1 hour. Chef tango icon 20px.png Chef (50)
    Slice of Rainbow Cake 15 Double-click to increase your power by 10. Lasts 10 minutes. 48 Bronze coin

You can only use 1 of those at the same time. Besides none of them are near the power of +10% damage OR 10% damage reduction OR 25% speed boost.

• LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893

Then the one who has the boost has the boost. Boost does not equal win.

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    I don't think you can use these boosts in spvp so what's the big deal?
    There is zero competition in pve - and wvw the prospect of finding a 1vs1 fight is so small....

Why are we doing this again?

If someone next to me in pve or wvw bought a 5-10% advantage on something, I should care why?
  • GamerUntouchGamerUntouch Member Posts: 488
    I've been told the boosts don't work in WvWvW or dungeons.
  • HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

All I can continue to say is I personally couldn't care less if every other player in the game purhcased 50 keys to open the Black Lion Chests and I purchased none.  I'd guess that wouldn't even be able to tell that they had done so.  Whatever insignificant amount they might be able to increase some of their stats by temporarily amounts to about the same as placing one trait point into a trait tree.  

How many players hit level 10 and didn't immediatley purchase their class training book for 10s?  Oh god, you're missing out on 10 power!  I've leveled to 13 without purchasing the trait book, that's a potential 40 power I'm missing out on and it didn't even phase me.  

Players continue to miss out on comparable temporary stat increases all the time when they don't properly perform combos with each other.

The point? These numbers are so insignificant that it's almost an illusion that you're gaining anything at all (which can prove detrimental to the progression-oriented player in its own right.)  It's almost laughable that players would consider spending a lot of money for a chance at obtaining these, a chance which is still limited by how frequently you earn the actual chests in game.  

I certainly don't intend to buy and chest keys, but by all means, I hope as many other players as possible do.  You're helping fund the game I love and you're not hurting me in the slightest.  

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202
    Originally posted by BadSpock
    There is zero competition in pve - and wvw the prospect of finding a 1vs1 fight is so small....

If someone next to me in pve or wvw bought a 5-10% advantage on something, I should care why?

Because some people like to find "flaws" in the game and when they get responses they refuse to engage into a proper conversation and instead continue posting their non-sense ignoring all replies. Block is such a nice feature

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

Originally posted by BadSpock

Because some people like to find "flaws" in the game and when they get responses they refuse to engage into a proper conversation and instead continue posting their non-sense ignoring all replies. Block is such a nice feature

Agreed.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by cinos
    Originally posted by Nadia

the real topic is mystic keys in cash shop

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Chest

and has been discussed many times in past 

Ah, that ol'chestnut.

Op should definitely have been clearer then. He gives the false impression that those boosts are directly for sale in the cash shop. Which isn't true at all.

Agreed. Mystic keys drops as well and you have to find those chests so this is nothing near as bad as selling them directly in the cashshop.

I still would prefer if they didn't sell those keys myself, but it depends on the droprate of them compared to the droprate of the chests in the game.

• jondifooljondifool Member UncommonPosts: 1,143
    Originally posted by wildclaw

“… it’s never OK for players who spend money to have an unfair advantage over players who spend time."

This is a fairly known quote of Mike O'Brien from his blog post about the cash shop. A quote that I very much agree with. The meaning in my opinion is fairly simple. If you spend a reasonable amount of time compared to someone paying money, you should be able to take on the same encounters with the same amount of difficulty. Anything else would be an unfair advantage.

This is not an attack on the cash shop as a whole, but an attempt to correct a few specific items that simply go too far. I think the speed bonus item should continue to exists, but only outside of combat. Letting people who have less time and more money be able to move around the world more quickly is a good idea. The remaining items should probably simply be removed or replaced with new boosts.

I think that worries like this need some perspective.

For sure people using the cash shops can get an advantage. But is it unfair? Earlier this year i made an estimate that it would cost around 300 dollar spend in the cash shop to get a 20% faster leveling path to lvl 80, with the items  to buy at that time. Clearly unfair if your goal is to be the fastet one to get to lvl 80, but for the rest of us it really doesn't matter. 

Anyone wanting an advantage can get one, trading legendary or rare items before other players get them. That 13% stat bonus is huge, until normal players catch up.

Now is these items in the cash shop a problem? I don't think so, I don't think it qualify as an unfair advangtages to have a chance to get a 10 %buff for an hour, by spending money in the cash shop. Its an advantage, but is it unfair?  Does it become mandatory to have thesse buffs to do content , first then its unfair.

ArenaNet have not promised there is not an advantage, only that its not unfair. 

While I am not liking cash shops , I am simply not prude enough to see a problem here

• DawnstarDawnstar Member UncommonPosts: 207
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    Originally posted by Nadia

the real topic is mystic keys in cash shop

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Chest

and has been discussed many times in past

That's an understatement.  OP's argument is misleading.

+1

• DenambrenDenambren Member UncommonPosts: 399

Kind of sickening to see so many players convincing themselves that paying real money for in-game advantages is OK if it isn't that much of an advantage. The corporations have you people trained well.

As the years go by, the gaming population will continue to be educated by corporate marketing strategies on what is acceptable and not acceptable, pushing the limit a little further with each clever marketing milestone that actually catches on with the public. 

I feel quite discouraged by all the readers of this post who will slap their foreheads and genuinely think I'm stupid for not understanding that GW2 is NOT PAY TO WIN, and give an emotional response to defend what they've been conditioned to believe. The fact of the matter (and not opinion) is that GW2 allows players to get an in-game advantage by paying money. You can spin it off as a trivial advantage and keep telling yourself over and over how little the advantage is until you feel it's no advantage at all, but the game lets you pay for an advantage. If you can't see that, then you're walking the path that game marketing has cleverly laid out for you. You're the ripe crop of the gamer world for corporate exploitation.

I'm not innocent myself,  because I've pre-purchased Guild Wars 2. I want this game to be fun and I want it to succeed. I won't be spending any money on in-game advantage items, but I may spend money on vanity items like character outfits. However, the fact of the matter is that I'm supporting a game that has in-game advantage items when I made my purchase of the GW2 box. And I know it. And every time we support one of these games, then another batch of games will keep trying their own spin on a similar pricing model, pushing what can be bought and can't be bought just a little further.

Many of us can see the darkness on the horizon that approaches with F2P models. The future of online gaming is changing rapidly, and the concept of a game universe where everyone is born equal is fading further and further into obscurity with each passing month. GW2 has a shadow cast over it, and while the shadow seems like little more than a passing cloud, it's still a shadow. If you can't see this shadow and feel that everything is a fine sunny day, then congratulations. You're helping pave the road for the future generation of wallet warriors by justifying this kind of pricing model.

• D_shandrilD_shandril Member Posts: 116

Yeah that is something that I have been following closely because I do not want pay to win in the game. We will probably have to wait for the game to come out to judge if it give an unfair advantage.

We know that they cant be used in Spvp and in my opinion they are not a problem in PVE. The only place they can be a problem is in WvWvW.

The speed boost is not really an issue for me in WvWvW because it is easy to have a perma swiftness which give 33% speed boost (the max speed you can have whatever the boost) so unless for some stupid reason this boost would stack with swiftness which I really doubt that is not an issue.

The other boost can be problematic but considered that there is limited supply of Black lion chest at all time and that the probability to get those specific booster is limited by the huge amount of thing that can drop from the chess it might not be a problem at all. So lets wait and see how it turn out.

Originally posted by GamerUntouch
    I've been told the boosts don't work in WvWvW or dungeons.

They don't last I checked.

Speed boost have you running normal speed.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

• LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893
    Originally posted by Denambren

Kind of sickening to see so many players convincing themselves that paying real money for in-game advantages is OK if it isn't that much of an advantage. The corporations have you people trained well.

As the years go by, the gaming population will continue to be educated by corporate marketing strategies on what is acceptable and not acceptable, pushing the limit a little further with each clever marketing milestone that actually catches on with the public. 

I feel quite discouraged by all the readers of this post who will slap their foreheads and genuinely think I'm stupid for not understanding that GW2 is NOT PAY TO WIN, and give an emotional response to defend what they've been conditioned to believe. The fact of the matter (and not opinion) is that GW2 allows players to get an in-game advantage by paying money. You can spin it off as a trivial advantage and keep telling yourself over and over how little the advantage is until you feel it's no advantage at all, but the game lets you pay for an advantage. If you can't see that, then you're walking the path that game marketing has cleverly laid out for you. You're the ripe crop of the gamer world for corporate exploitation.

I'm not innocent myself,  because I've pre-purchased Guild Wars 2. I want this game to be fun and I want it to succeed. I won't be spending any money on in-game advantage items, but I may spend money on vanity items like character outfits. However, the fact of the matter is that I'm supporting a game that has in-game advantage items when I made my purchase of the GW2 box. And I know it. And every time we support one of these games, then another batch of games will keep trying their own spin on a similar pricing model, pushing what can be bought and can't be bought just a little further.

Many of us can see the darkness on the horizon that approaches with F2P models. The future of online gaming is changing rapidly, and the concept of a game universe where everyone is born equal is fading further and further into obscurity with each passing month. GW2 has a shadow cast over it, and while the shadow seems like little more than a passing cloud, it's still a shadow. If you can't see this shadow and feel that everything is a fine sunny day, then congratulations. You're helping pave the road for the future generation of wallet warriors by justifying this kind of pricing model.

While you were looking over your shoulder at phantoms, the real nightmare has already arrived. You have totally missed it. Because of this I feel I can safely ignore your warning.

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• Arachneus1Arachneus1 Member UncommonPosts: 248

This is a huge influx of money for Anet to keep upgrading the game  - people will buy these mystic keys for a very temporary buff, actually a chance at a temporary buff.  Not even a gurantee.  They are no where near worth anything especially in large scale WvW where your miniscule stat buff will mean nothing.  People are gamblers inside and will gamble their money away for what?  a chance for a few more armor points for a half hour?

I think this is the greatest thing, support ANet's funds!

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    except you can't use those bonuses in pvp or wvw. so you don't reLly have an advantage over other players. unless you want a dps meter and other such nonsense in which case gw2 is not your game.
    Originally posted by atticusbc
    except you can't use those bonuses in pvp or wvw. so you don't reLly have an advantage over other players. unless you want a dps meter and other such nonsense in which case gw2 is not your game.

That's what I figured.

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

Yellow: No two players are ever the same. Please don't use semantics to create a closed-system scenario where two theoritical players are essentally equal, whilst ignoring the element of reality, thus resulting in only one possible outcome. No scenario, is ever "closed", no two players are ever the same (talent, skill, good/bad days), and there is never only one possible outcome.

I've played in all the BWE's and in all the stress tests. I have mainly focused my gameplay in WVW, so as not to spoil PVE surprises (my peronsal choice - to each his own). In WVW, I have played against players who had obvious advantages over me, higher level (if you pay attention it's easy to tell), better gear and even buffs. Not once was I automatically defeated just because other players had said advantages over me. Yes, I died a lot (mainly cuase I'm overtly aggressive and find myself in difficult situations to get out off), but I also killed a lot (I've become very good at pvp'ing in wvw; i.e. combat strategy, not hiding behind other player's skirts).

As for SPVP, it won't matter because all players will be equal and in PVE eveyone is playing/working together (especially in dungeons). The only area where there is the possibility of an "unfair advantage" is in WVW; and Anet devs have already told us (SPOILER ALERT) that WVW will be unbalanced and "unfair". Catch is, the point of WVW is not competitive pvp (balanced pvp, we have SPVP for that), the point of WVW is to have fun beating (and yes, getting beaten) players from other servers; sure, even with a certain element of competition (server rankings). If players really want to be serious about their PVP, they should stick with SPVP (not that WVW is serious), but if players want to have fun in various ways (zergs, small team raiding, and major/minor siege warfare) then WVW is for you.

Just my two cents... cheers!

It will depend on who gets 'initiative'. Which is incidentally how inferior players regularly take down better players and also why skills that increase your chance of deciding if and when to engage are so important.

in the case of a 'fair' duel it will depend on specs. With identical specs it will depend on how each player plays. If they also play identcally it will depend on latency and computer specs. If all the many many variables are equal (chances being infinitesably  smal) it might theoretically depend on buffs.

but at the end of the day initiative trumps all, with other things being equal.

• DenambrenDenambren Member UncommonPosts: 399
    Originally posted by Leethe
    Originally posted by Denambren

While you were looking over your shoulder at phantoms, the real nightmare has already arrived. You have totally missed it. Because of this I feel I can safely ignore your warning.

I'm not sure if you're just roleplaying in the forum or if you're trying to tell us something about a trend in F2P models that you've noticed? Or maybe something else entirely? Care to elaborate on what you're trying to say?

If you're trying to say that the pinnacle of world-embraced P2W gaming is already upon us, I think it's still too early to say that the P2W model has been stealthily accepted as the norm. There's still a lot of uncertainty on the part of corporations when it comes to deciding what lines to cross with the exploitation of their target market. The big suits are doing a lot of research to see how far they can manipulate human psychology into spending money in the seemingly short term while stringing the experience long term.  There is still so much more research to be done, and unless something changes the direction of the current trend, we're going to see some real Frakenstein monsters in the years to come that can trace their inspiration to the little P2W ideas that grew from titles like GW2.