Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5 reasons you may not Like GW2 (as read by a GW2 Fanboi)

Comments

• dzoni87dzoni87 Member Posts: 541

Pretty much everything here are reason i am interested in this...

Well... except #5 but it is not something i cant ignore anyway

Main MMO at the moment: Guild Wars 2
    Waiting for: Pathfinder Online

• PurgatusPurgatus Member Posts: 342
    Originally posted by Mahavishnu

This is one of the very few threads around here that critizises GW2 in a sensible way. You sum up, what some players may not like and you make arguments, instead of showing ignorance and trolling comunity.

However, you forgot 2 things:

Reason #6 - No mounts

Mounts are a typical feature of almost all MMOs, so of course many players will miss to ride around on their steeds. Not only does it add something to the atmosphere, but it also is a opportunity to accomplish something and to indivudualize your character. On many videos it looks really awkward to see them running around all the time.

Reason #7 - No decent crafting

Not the most popular feature, but there are still some players to whom crafting is the most important aspect of an MMO. And they like it to be challenging, complicated and limitless. Look at Vanguard, the process of crafting is a whole mini-game and you can produce almost everything.

Just to be clear, my list was not intended to be exhaustive. Just to highlight the main reasons (as I saw it) why some players would be turned off of GW2. In particular, I am not trying to judge those who really do want those features that GW2 is missing, even if I am a supporter.

• tordurbartordurbar Member UncommonPosts: 421

Op hit the nail on the head. When the player numbers start dropping return to this thread for some of the reasons.

I am glad that there are a few fanbois that realize the GW2 is not for everyone. It is a fantastic game but if you are a player that likes traditional mmos (WOW, Rift, SWTOR, etc.) you will probably not going to stay with GW2 long term. The good news for the fanbois is that the remaining audience will be just what they were looking for.

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359
    Originally posted by Purgatus
    Originally posted by MadnessRealm

Yes, GW2 is a bit different from your typical MMORPG, but it's not different enough. That's why many won't like GW2.  ( I can already feel the glare of certain members typing furiously as they've read this).

By not different enough, I mean that, while the format is different, the content is the same. Yes, instead of having NPCs with a " ! " above their heads, everything is more "dynamic", the content of the dynamic event isn't actually all that different from the quests you'd get from an NPC. I guess you have a progression bar instead of a clear amount of kill/fetch/colllect numbers, but really, it's not something I'd consider to be different enough to interest players looking for something that's really different. At best they'll enjoy the honeymoon phase, but come back to reality quickly, as was the case for me. 

The first time's really fun. Just walking around and suddenly an event appears. It's fun, it's somewhat unexpected, you've got all these players joining in. Event's over, you resume to your activity and eventually another event pops out nearby. You clear it, everything's fun. But the pattern becomes increasingly more obvious, repetition starts to kick in, and considering we've done these very same type of quests/objectives for years and years already (Defend this NPC and kill the monsters along the way, there's an invasion  so go kill them!, etc) the novelty wears off very quickly and what initially seemed to be different really doesn't look all that different already.

The combat is basically the same as your typical MMORPG. You're still getting shot by heat-seeking projectiles until the end of he Earth. Individually, the skills are interesting, it's fun to play with the various gimmicks, but the very limiting nature of the Weapon Skill system breaks the fun and feels restricting. From my personal experience, I've always found only 2-3 of the skills I liked for each group of weapons, and of course they can't be changed. Yes you can change your non-weapon skills at will (provided you spent points in them) but having 5 of your "main" skills locked by your choice of weapon was quite a downer for me, especially when you only like half of them, but the weapons are necessary for the way you want to play. In that regard, I much preferred GW1's take on the skill system even though you couldn't change them unless you were in town.

I also felt restricted a lot in my many attempts at explorations. I had somewhat high expectations on this regard in particular, especially given players feedback. I'd see some areas that would catch my eyes and I wanted to check them out. I'd reach the area, try to climb from somewhere that seemed possible to climb only to be prevented by the blocky textures they have. I call them blocky textures because I'm not entirely sure how to call them, but it's when there's an invisible part that goes beyond the texture and jumping on that texture may push you on the side of make you appear as if you're floating in the air. In GW2's case it was mostly the former.  That tree with floating parts in the Sylvari area (forgot the name of the tree) is a great example of this, you can definitively climb it, and I've done it, but the blocky textures are soooo freaking annoying that it really takes out from the game and exploration.

These are the reasons why I think many players might not like what GW2 offers, even if it's a genre they like.

Hugely subjective posts like this are why I made this thread. You offer nothing substanative in here. Things like "not different enough" (I happen to think you just plain wrong) is far too subjective for it to be of value to the majority of readers. I concentrated specifically on things I could point to a yes its there, or no its not, like OPvP.

The most hilarious thing is that there are essay-length posts arguing why GW2 is too similar to the WoW model, and there are essay-length posts arguing why GW2 is too different from the WoW model :).

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202
    Originally posted by MadnessRealm

By not different enough, I mean that, while the format is different, the content is the same. Yes, instead of having NPCs with a " ! " above their heads, everything is more "dynamic", the content of the dynamic event isn't actually all that different from the quests you'd get from an NPC. I guess you have a progression bar instead of a clear amount of kill/fetch/colllect numbers, but really, it's not something I'd consider to be different enough to interest players looking for something that's really different. At best they'll enjoy the honeymoon phase, but come back to reality quickly, as was the case for me. 

The content is the same but the execution is completely different. You can play with others whenever you want without having a quest in your log, you can help others, participate in events together, without actually going through the hussle of "LFG". More importantly, the worlds doesn't revolve around every player individually, as someone wrote around here, in other MMOs players DO quests, in GW2 quests DO players, meaning, the world will continue to exist/evolve with or without player action, that's why it is "a living breathing world". The npcs will continue to the next event even if there is nobody around, the npcs will attack the town even if there is nobody around, and then everyone will feel the consequences. You are doing content that can be on any state, just started, almost finished or anywhere in-between, when a boss spawn you don't have to be there at the spawn time to participate in the fight, you don't need any prerequisities either. Also keep in mind that events are branching, something that had never been done before. The world changes depending on player action and is dynamic enough to move without player action. That's the huge difference

The combat is basically the same as your typical MMORPG. You're still getting shot by heat-seeking projectiles until the end of he Earth. Individually, the skills are interesting, it's fun to play with the various gimmicks, but the very limiting nature of the Weapon Skill system breaks the fun and feels restricting. From my personal experience, I've always found only 2-3 of the skills I liked for each group of weapons, and of course they can't be changed. Yes you can change your non-weapon skills at will (provided you spent points in them) but having 5 of your "main" skills locked by your choice of weapon was quite a downer for me, especially when you only like half of them, but the weapons are necessary for the way you want to play. In that regard, I much preferred GW1's take on the skill system even though you couldn't change them unless you were in town.

No. You aren't getting shot by heat-seeking projectiles. If you move out the way they will miss, if you move behind a wall, they will miss, if someone else moves in front of you, they will take the damage instead. It's not like the usual tab-targeting that allows projectiles to pass through players and obstacles. The projectiles have physics and a hit-box that allows them to target opponents. It's unlike a typical MMORPG where there is a "dice roll" to see if the projectile will hit the moment it leaves you, and then passes through walls or through players like they weren't even there. This doesn't happen in GW2 at all.

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

I was right with the OP till he decided to talk about tanking being more skillfull than healing lol. But thats a matter of opinion on which is more difficult :)

Anyway its a pretty good list.

[mod edit] Its an evolution of the themepark and some people just refuse to see that.

Originally posted by tordurbar

Op hit the nail on the head. When the player numbers start dropping return to this thread for some of the reasons.

I am glad that there are a few fanbois that realize the GW2 is not for everyone. It is a fantastic game but if you are a player that likes traditional mmos (WOW, Rift, SWTOR, etc.) you will probably not going to stay with GW2 long term. The good news for the fanbois is that the remaining audience will be just what they were looking for.

To be honest, I think that most of the "fanbois" realize that GW2 is not for everyone.  I'm sure you can find an example of one that doesn't...but by and large, GW2 fans seem pretty congnizant that not everyone will like the game.

I think that most of the "fanboi" reputation that GW2 fans get labeled with is from their responses to people who make stupid criticisms.  I mean, we recently had a huge thread about a guy who played the game for an hour and concluded that combat pretty much revolves around auto-attack.  How can you not jump on that? lol

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

Hugely subjective posts like this are why I made this thread. You offer nothing substanative in here. Things like "not different enough" (I happen to think you just plain wrong) is far too subjective for it to be of value to the majority of readers. I concentrated specifically on things I could point to a yes its there, or no its not, like OPvP.

Yes but like or disliking something is entirely subjective in itself.  I applaud your list but this poster articulated very real reasons he/she did not like the game.  They don't fall into your specific five, but that doesn't in any way make these less credible.

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522
    Originally posted by TemperHoof

Reason #1 - No Open World PvP

I've always hated OPvP myself as I see it as the refuge of gankers. And I HATE gankers. I don't mind ambushing and the like, its the fighting another player 20 levels below you that I hate. It's sad and pathetic.

However, there is one glorious thing that OPvP offers, and that is the uncertainty of the next confrontation. Not knowing when a fight could happen and could die at any minute is pretty awesome. GW2 does not really have that. When you PvP, its because you chose to and that takes something away from the experience.

I just wanna point out that there IS Open World PVP. ArenaNet created a seperate MMO called The Mists which houses it, a lot of people call it WvW. Roughly the size of DC Universe Online at launch, The Mists is a sizable collection of zones with its own ruleset. The PvE game Tyria does not have Open World PVP, yet Guild Wars 2 as a game still does have Open World PVP.

The difference between OPvP and the mists is choice. If you go to the mists, its because you made a conscious chioce. In OPvP, you could be completeing a quest and a rival player could kill you when you did not intend to do any PvP. This will attract some, and repel others. Weither you like it or not, the chioce is yours.

Although I can't really argue that, somehow for me personally this got twisted along the way as on a few games I rolled on both a PvP server and PvE server so if I wanted to be surprised by opponent PvP'ers while levelling my preferred class for PvP I would log into the PvP server and if not I'd log into the PvE server.

Also on several games some time after launch (some rather soon others only after a year or longer) all the open world PvP was taking place in specific (often high level) zones and I never really got attacked until I was at lest slowly approaching level cap, so I had to go to specific zones to be able to get any PvP action as I didn't meet opposing players during my levelling experience or they/me couldn't be bothered with PvP at that moment.

So I think those on the edge over that particular reason, should ask themselves how often did they really get any unexpected PvP action in the past decade of games that offered open world PvP in any/all part of the PvE environment. WvW has a lot of the aspects of that type of open world PvP and personally I still see it as open world PvP even if it resets every 2 weeks and it's "only"  on  4 (big) maps where you can stay the entire game if you wanted to without ever touching PvE world (well to be fair, after the short PvE intro, and you'll be zoned into the place you were before joining WvW when relogging but that could well be Heart of the Mist PvP hub instead of some PvE town if you're PvP purist).

Originally posted by Creslin321

To be honest, I think that most of the "fanbois" realize that GW2 is not for everyone.  I'm sure you can find an example of one that doesn't...but by and large, GW2 fans seem pretty congnizant that not everyone will like the game.

I think that most of the "fanboi" reputation that GW2 fans get labeled with is from their responses to people who make stupid criticisms.  I mean, we recently had a huge thread about a guy who played the game for an hour and concluded that combat pretty much revolves around auto-attack.  How can you not jump on that? lol

And we've had posts garnering pages and pages of replies on how GW2 "shifts the paradigm," yet the game has yet to be released.  How can you not jump on that?

• dzoni87dzoni87 Member Posts: 541
    Originally posted by tordurbar

This is exactly the behaviour that is annoying to me. Why would you call other "fanbois" and have a twisted wishes about game population drops/game failing? I didnt liked SWTOR either, but you wont find a single post of mine that hates about it, or that says "nyah nyah your game will die". In fact i was a little bit sad to see a SW/Bioware game fail.

You are right about the part that not a single game is for eveyone. But hating on game is premature and pretty rude. I dont like game, i move on. I am not staying on forums just to hate. Life cannot be that miserable... Really

Main MMO at the moment: Guild Wars 2
    Waiting for: Pathfinder Online

Originally posted by grimal

Yes but like or disliking something is entirely subjective in itself.  I applaud your list but this poster articulated very real reasons he/she did not like the game.  They don't fall into your specific five, but that doesn't in any way make these less credible.

It's true, but I still feel like many posters around here decide to complain about an MMORPG like Jerry Seinfeld decides to complain about a woman.

The camera clips on an object when I spin it around real fast!

No mounts?  OMG, the game is fail!

I tried to melee a guy standing 5000 feet away from me on top of a castle and he beat me!  Ranged is OP!

No breath meter underwater?  That just kills my immersion!  (despite the fact that nearly every MMORPG with swimming has a way to breathe underwater)

Soon I expect someone to start complaining about GW2 because it has "man hands."

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by BadSpock

I think GW2 has those things just in a different way than people are used to or can narrowly define.

I mean, yes it doesn't have open world PvP in the strictest of senses, but it has WvW.

It doesn't have a traditional gear/grind sense of progression, but it still has levels and stats and gear and character progression it just isn't as sharp of a curve and plateus out at max level quickly.

It doesn't have traditional "end-game" content in terms of raids, but there are dungeons and "hard mode" dungeons and there is "raiding" per say, it is just 100% open world non-instanced and no specific guild or group will ever be able to "lock out" another group or guild by "tagging" an open world boss first.

I agree.

This game approaches things from a different (but not nessecariy bad) direction. The fact remains that those differences will not be what some people want, and will be put off by their exclusion.

Choosing to be in PvP has an impact on the system. A fairly profound one. I like it as is, but some really want the sense of paranoia. I'm just pointing out, if thats the key feeling you are looking for, you will be disappointed.

Different = great in my humble opinion.  I tire greatly of the copycat clone syndrome and any AAA game studio that gets innovation and different will get my money.  Just so happens that Anets manefesto and game philosophy echoes my belifes so much they earned my business for the forseable future.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

*snip*

The point is that the more subjective the remark, the less usefull it becomes.

If I say, there is no OPvP, while it has some subjective elements, I also pointed out the reasons behind it being a problem for some players. We could debat the finer points, but the idea is objective enough that most players could agree.

If I say, The game gets old fast, thats so subjective, it doesn't really say aything at all. There is so much to do in GW2, that its hard for me to even contemplate that line of thinking, and all I've done is the beginning zones over and over, and there is STILL new stuff to do.

• eGumballeGumball Member Posts: 151

Reason #1 - No Open World PvP That´s right but we may have in the futre if the story-line changes with a new expansion.

Reason #2 - Sense of progression Grinding has been out there in the MMO-industry for years and 90% of people is seeing this as a big possitive thing, GW2 brings to the genre.

Reason #3 - No Traditional Endgame The Endgame in GW2 is nearly better than ever single title in the industry so nothing to say here.

Reason #4 - Some Traditional Roles are Gone Another thing that has got more possitive comments than negative.

Reason #5 - Cash Shop Well, as long as it is not pay to win, who cares. Otherwise, P2P games have cash-shops nowadays, where you '' MUST '' pay money for the nice looking mout and dress, so -_-

All in all, Guild Wars 2, even if it is bad, is the biggest and the best title in the MMO-industry right now. It may also take kinda long time for a new title to take this spot.

And we've had posts garnering pages and pages of replies on how GW2 "shifts the paradigm," yet the game has yet to be released.  How can you not jump on that?

You don't have to play the game for 2 years to realize that there's a lot different about it.  Really, all you have to do it read their main features, and then just play the game to see if they are actually there.

The following stuff is all in GW2...whether you think it's paradigm-shifting or not is up to you, but you have to admit it is at least a break from tradition:

1.  No more quest-hubs.

2.  PvP combat is not based on gear.

3.  No subscription.

4.  Every class capable of any role, and can switch roles on the fly.

5.  More action-packed combat.

Personally, I think that no quest-hubs is enough to make it paradigm-shifting...because quest-hubs have formed the mainstay of PvE leveling since WoW.

It's true, but I still feel like many posters around here decide to complain about an MMORPG like Jerry Seinfeld decides to complain about a woman.

The camera clips on an object when I spin it around real fast!

No mounts?  OMG, the game is fail!

I tried to melee a guy standing 5000 feet away from me on top of a castle and he beat me!  Ranged is OP!

No breath meter underwater?  That just kills my immersion!  (despite the fact that nearly every MMORPG with swimming has a way to breathe underwater)

Soon I expect someone to start complaining about GW2 because it has "man hands."

People already do! lol! 

I don't particularily mind critcisms or praise, but when it becomes extreme is when I find it irritable.

• TuchakaTuchaka Member UncommonPosts: 468
    yep new things are scary people want change if the old way of doing things was still viable SWTOR would be doing really well and wow would not be loosing subs etc.    so the people complaiing must like the old way, well they can have it
    Originally posted by eGumball

Reason #1 - No Open World PvP That´s right but we may have in the futre if the story-line changes with a new expansion.

Reason #2 - Sense of progression Grinding has been out there in the MMO-industry for years and 90% of people is seeing this as a big possitive thing, GW2 brings to the genre.

Reason #3 - No Traditional Endgame The Endgame in GW2 is nearly better than ever single title in the industry so nothing to say here.

Reason #4 - Some Traditional Roles are Gone Another thing that has got more possitive comments than negative.

Reason #5 - Cash Shop Well, as long as it is not pay to win, who cares. Otherwise, P2P games have cash-shops nowadays, where you '' MUST '' pay money for the nice looking mout and dress, so -_-

All in all, Guild Wars 2, even if it is bad, is the biggest and the best title in the MMO-industry right now. It may also take kinda long time for a new title to take this spot.

Weither you see these things as positive or negative is up to you. These are real issues to a lot of gamers even if 90% (I don't think that 90% of gamers could agree on the color of the sky) of people are on board. I happen to think that these things are not terrible, but This is not meant for me or players who like the game. It's meant for MMO players, new to the game that are looking for key elements in their MMO's and GW2 may or may not have them.

I encourage everyone to look into it for yourself regardless of what you read here, but even us fanboi's need to be objective when it comes to what this game DOES NOT offer.

• OmnifishOmnifish Member Posts: 616

Two things with this, which are just from my personal view:

Firstly, they have changed around some aspects of the progression side with the skills/traits system, to favour a more traditional approach, which gave some people a greater sense of gaining something when leveling.  In the first BWE skills had a point cost, and additional tiers opened up by level landmarks.  That meant some people who really liked the look of a particularly intereresting skill would try and seek out the skill challenges and probably have to make tough choices in what they could spend available pointswise.  This was complained about on the forums and changed to the systme we have now were tiers unlock after you've spent a certain amount of points in said tier, on possibly skills your not interested in just to unlock the next tier.  While it was probably a nightmare to balance, I can't help but think an opportunities been lost here for experimentation and most importanly a real attachment to your character rather then the usual, 'spent points here just to unlock the cooler stuff later', we get in most themepark games.

Secondly the end game issue may become more prevelent way before anyone hits, 'levelcap'.  The hearts, events, are pretty similar regardless of what area your wandering in. A lot of them are just basic varieties on the same theme, (i.e. kill stuff, collect stuff, kill bigger thing, defend village from x/y/z etc).  That might be fine in other games but the issue here for some people is the lack of context to most things you do, thus noone feeling any attachment to it.  The system itself leads itself into having a gaping hole that doesn't help: If you don't help the village under attack by Centaurs, then it'll just respawn again after the timers done.  You don't have this issue with traditional quest games as you follow the story of a quest and once you've completed it you've seen the outcome and can move on. For some people that fact ruins their immersion.

There will be people who are fine with this, they'll see the world as being a massive conflict zone and you operate as a sort of troubleshooter. But some will hit midgame and feel that they've seen most of the variety of these events, which has no impact on them personally, and not bother anymore. I enjoyed some of the personal stories but there have been comments from others about them not standing up to their rivals.  I can understand that argument from a presentation perspective.

As for the cash shop....well, noones every opened a shop without things people wanted to buy in it :P

This looks like a job for....The Riviera Kid!

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641

I agree.

This game approaches things from a different (but not nessecariy bad) direction. The fact remains that those differences will not be what some people want, and will be put off by their exclusion.

Exactly.

Ignorance is the enemy of wisdom though, and the wise man would not stop at "OK this game doesn't have exactly what I am looking for."

The wise man would then ask, "OK what does this game have?"

They may be enlightened.

Its a game not the investigation into life the universe and everything and another example of fans elevating this game to unforseen heights in the MMO sphere. I'm one of those players that goes with the flow of any game I play and I play all class roles and learn to adapt but many a player doesn't so they will have a problem with GW2 as it doesn't offer classic class roles even though they may be still there in some abstract form, so Purgatus is correct in his examination of why certain players may not like GW2. Also many players time is at a premium and learning to like something is not on the agenda so having some form of EUREKA moment 100 hours in is not worth it if they cannot be pulled in from the get go. 

Good thread Purgatus as your points are exactly to me why GW2 will not take the world by storm but will be loved by those who "get it" from the offset. One of the things that irritates me about MMORPG.com and many GW2 fans on this site is that if you prefer more traditional MMO gameplay you are somehow inferior and don't understand what GW2 is about and your OP highlights this nicely. Many playesr love to Raid, some love to grind out faction, some want to have a progression system that makes them stronger and stronger either through levels or gear, some want to have the thrill of real open world PvP (not me though I get that everyday of my working life image) and this is all good but these same players might find GW2 not to their liking and thats good too.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202

Weither you see these things as positive or negative is up to you. These are real issues to a lot of gamers even if 90% (I don't think that 90% of gamers could agree on the color of the sky) of people are on board. I happen to think that these things are not terrible, but This is not meant for me or players who like the game. It's meant for new MMO players that are looking for key elements in their MMO's and GW2 may or may not have them.

I encourage everyone to look into it for yourself regardless of what you read here, but even us fanboi's need to be objective when it comes to what this game DOES NOT offer.

I think Open World PVP, constant Progression, End game and to some extend "Traditional Roles" are some of the main reasons many players DON'T play MMORPGs. Those 4 "reasons" along with the "no subscription fees" can be high up in the list.

Another way to view them could be:

5 reasons someone who doesn't usually play MMORPGs, should try out Guild Wars 2

Reason #2 - Sense of progression 

Reason #3 - No Traditional Endgame 

Reason #4 - Some Traditional Roles are Gone 

Reason #5 - No subscription fees

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

However, there is one... thing that OPvP offers, and that is the uncertainty of the next confrontation. Not knowing when a fight could happen and could die at any minute is pretty awesome. GW2 does not really have that. When you PvP, its because you chose to and that takes something away from the experience.

Not for me it dosent.

I am a huge fan of optional PvP, and I personally find GW2's WvW set up to be an ideal hybrid between BGs and true open world ganking.

Originally posted by seridan

Weither you see these things as positive or negative is up to you. These are real issues to a lot of gamers even if 90% (I don't think that 90% of gamers could agree on the color of the sky) of people are on board. I happen to think that these things are not terrible, but This is not meant for me or players who like the game. It's meant for new MMO players that are looking for key elements in their MMO's and GW2 may or may not have them.

I think Open World PVP, constant Progression, End game and to some extend "Traditional Roles" are some of the main reasons many players DON'T play MMORPGs. Those 4 "reasons" along with the "no subscription fees" can be high up in the list.

Another way to view them could be:

5 reasons someone who doesn't usually play MMORPGs, should try out Guild Wars 2

Reason #2 - Sense of progression 

Reason #3 - No Traditional Endgame 

Reason #4 - Some Traditional Roles are Gone 

Reason #5 - No subscription fees

I'll have to rephrase that as its definetly not what I meant. I meant to say MMO players new to the game.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Exactly.

Ignorance is the enemy of wisdom though...

Really? Maybe believe that the man that knows he knows nothing is the wisest of all.