Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Favorite MMO Class... EVER!

DhaenonDhaenon Member UncommonPosts: 150

Hey all,

My all time favorite class from any MMO I have ever played (and I have played A LOT) was the Vampiir from DAOC. I am still looking for a game that has a class with the same playstyle. Any ideas?

What is your favorite MMO Class... EVER?!

Comments

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706
    WoW enhancement shaman. Coolest battlemage ever.  Pretty much why I keep going back to wow. I love my enhancement shaman.
  • QuicklyScottQuicklyScott Member Posts: 433
    Warrior in WoW.  I don't like all of the changes they've done the past few years, but back in the day, the warrior was my favourite class of any game.  I was in love with the charge ability, fearing people off, then mashing them up with my huge axe.  Tanking in Molten Core was awesome too.  Just an all round amazing class.

• blognorgblognorg Member UncommonPosts: 643
    Lord Knight in Ragnarok Online. I had so much fun with that class. I could go from tanking, to dishing out massive AoE damage, to doing crazy single-target damage with 5 attacks per second... yes, five attacks per second.
  • grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927
    Not really a class as its a build, but Pikeman/TKA/Doctor in SWG (pre-NGE).
  • AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

I have no clear favorite. I loved especially:

- Shillien Elder in Lineage 2

- Tyrant in Lineage 2

- Necromancer in Lineage 2

- Blood Mage in Vanguard

- Dread Knight in Vanguard

- Disciple in Vanguard

But both games have a lot of great classes to choose from. Or, in case of L2, HAD, because now all the rich L2 classes are getting forcemapped to 8 base classes if you're high enough.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Rogue..... in Vanilla wow, being my first mmo may had something to do with that.

Warlock..... in Vanilla wow.

Cleric...... in D&D Online back in it's day before F2P.  Others loved my healing and I felt like someone :)

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

omho the best classes ever where the following:

Tactician in Asheron's call 2

Disciple in vanguard

But even more fun then any class was my GM fencer who could use magic to teleport through the world in Ultima Online back in the days.....you just made you own class (i still miss my GM fighing lady who used magic to battle sea serpents and stuff at sea).

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371
    DAOC Thane.
  • bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679

Everquest 1 Beastlord

Having a melee class with a pet, being a hybrid between combat skills and magic, plus being wanted in groups, was a fantastic time.

Vanguard Dreadknight

Just love tanking whilst using a two-handed weapon and the whole concept works well, complete opposite of how a Paladin tanks.

Vanguard Necromancer

A pet that grows with you, looting body parts from mobs and grafting them onto the pet. The only thing that would've made this better is if the pet model changed depending on your grafts. Best Necromancer ever.

Forsaken World Bard

Whilst several MMOs let you create your own songs as a Bard, I just found the whimsical fantasy take on the Bard in FW to be really appealing with the twisting of the tunes on the fly great fun. Nothing was premade, you did it as you needed it and had to remember which order to play the notes in to get the effect you wanted.

• Yodi2007Yodi2007 Member Posts: 167
    REDMAGE/NINJA  (FFXI) best solo class in pre-abyssea! Loved those forever Genbu fights!

Below is where we can disscuss and come up with new ideas for Sandparks!

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5164689#5164689

• Raiyu_DefiedRaiyu_Defied Member UncommonPosts: 23

Witch Elf / Witch Hunter from WAR.

Probably the best I've ever seen stealth classes done in a game and both were exetremely fun.

'I have long since closed my eyes... My only goal is in the Darkness.'

• ikarrianikarrian Member Posts: 122
    UO Pre-Age of shadows Tamer was great fun. Both PVP/PVE
  • oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855
    Originally posted by ikarrian
    UO Pre-Age of shadows Tamer was great fun. Both PVP/PVE

yeah, forgot about those......i used to play a tamer/provoker.....mega fun too :)

• UsualSuspectUsualSuspect Member UncommonPosts: 1,243
    Probably the EverQuest monk. I liked the whole pulling idea, using sneak, feign death, line of sight and other tricks to pull a single mob out of a group. When that extended to places like Trakanons cave it got quite scary exciting. That and the DPS it could pump out made it s fun class to play.
  • NovusodNovusod Member UncommonPosts: 912

Everquest 2 Bruiser. The idea of a martial artist tank is the best concept for class ever designed.

Vindictus Lann. The skill and complexity of this class is off the charts.

• KothosesKothoses Member UncommonPosts: 921

Rift - Chloromancer

WoW - Rogue

SWTOR Jedi Sentinel

FF Online - Thief or Dark Knight 

Warhammer - Engineer

All of the above are genuine fun and enjoyable classes... but my overall winner 

The Sentinel... Forceleap man.. you just dont get more enjoyment out of one attack than that...

Also Shadowbane Centaur Druid was so much fun for chasing down ppl with, using roots and stuff.
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

WoW's Druid was my favorite in Vanilla and BC.  Tank, melee DPS, caster DPS, and heals in one package, just carry 4 sets of gear.

Sadly, last time I played one it had been nerfed into oblivion.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

bright wizard from WAR.

a class so powerful it killed a whole game.

• ApolyonBSApolyonBS Member UncommonPosts: 23
    Mesmer from Guild Wars, it is not a MMO, but it is the most awesome class I've ever seen. I was pretty bad playing it, though, but that's a different story...
    Too true...
  • Tonin109Tonin109 Member Posts: 201

Battle Priest (Knight Online)

Mesmer (GW1-2)

• AngztAngzt Member Posts: 230

DAoC, bonedancer.

but only since NWN was no mmo :P

"believe me, mike.. i calculated the odds of this working against the odds that i was doing something incredibly stupid… and i did it anyway!"

• mindrazormindrazor Member UncommonPosts: 13

Warrior Priest--Warhammer Online

Disciple of Khaine--Warhammer Online

Cleric--Aion

Affliction Warlock--BC Era WoW

Lore-Master--LOTRO

Good times on all of these and at certain times my favorite. I suppose that if I had to pick one over all the others, it would have to be the BC era Affli-Lock. The game was in what can arguably be described as its finest state at that time and I was truly enjoying myself . It  was so much fun to be in BGs with a true dot/CC class wearing light armor and trying to slowly wear down the enemy as you did your best to keep them away from you.  I'd love to find that again! It clearly can't be found in the dying behemoth...

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230
    Mesmer from GW1

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky