Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Favorite class?

2»

Comments

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005

Ranger without a doubt.

With a raven pet ofc!

• KidonKidon Member UncommonPosts: 399
    Really hard to choose, but if i had to pick one it would be Engineer.
  • BijouBijou Member UncommonPosts: 145

Ranger with shortbow and sword + warhorn, mainly. :)

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522

I'm sticking to what I had in mind long before the prepurchase started: Sylvari Elementalist and Asura Engineer.

Although I liked all classes I tried, I tend to avoid melee' ish classes (that start out with melee weapons like warrior and guardian) because I've always played ranged/caster classes in all games so I have a very steap learning curve for doing anything melee.

I had expected to like Elementalist better than Engineer, but from BWE2 on this shifted more in favour of the engineer mainly because I sucked at elementalist attunement rotation :D gotta find a more natural feeling keymapping to optimize that, and digged the engineer's mechanics from the get go (and love the toolkits / elixirs / turrets).

Next on my list are mesmer and ranger.

Like in most other games I played, over time I'll probably have a character of each class, and I tend to have a main and a main alt that I play equally well and both consider as main above all the others. I decided this time I'll be starting out with 2 characters and level them almost at the same pace. But because I had to vote only 1 class I chose the engineer.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

In PvE and sPvP my fav is the Ranger. In WvWvW though my fav is the Necromancer. I just love attacking the gates and using the staffs marks to keep defenders off the walls or using them to keep melees away from your own gates.

A few Necros can really change the tide during sieges in WvWvW.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • joerockshahajoerockshaha Member UncommonPosts: 73

The first choice is a no brainer, ill be a Human Warrior just like my other character in Guild Wars 1. Carrying on his legacy!!!

When it comes to an alt i got a pretty good idea for what ill be doing. Im thinking of either a Norn/Human Ele, or a Sylvari/Norn Ranger, i cant decide between which race to make for the profession basically and which one will be my 1st alt, 2nd overall char. After those choices are settled ill be focusing on a Charr Engineer and for my last class a Necro with an undecided race (Pending first 2 alt choices)

Any advice on which to make my 1st and 2nd alts would be appriciated

• McJaggerMcJagger Member Posts: 17
    I played Warrior, Engineer, Elementalist and Ranger.  Of those classes, I had the most fun with Ranger
  • seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202

I started with Elementalist thinking it will be my instant favorite. Then switched to Guardian and loved that prof also. Realising that all profs might be equally fun/powerful I rolled a Warrior, a Thief, a Mesmer and a Ranger, and I liked all those profs. I haven't tried Necro or Engineer yet.  It's hard to pick one as the best but I think I'll choose Guardian, for now at least

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

I am very torn between Ranger, Warrior and Elementalist. Which is weird, because I assumed I would love the Guardian, Engineer and Thief.

Warrior is fun because he gets the most weapon choices, and has good ranged combat options. I don't like that the warrior is very straight forward. The overall simplicity with the options to master the profession is nice, but there's something about it that it just doesn't feel nuanced enough.

Elementalist is really neat, because your weapon choice before going into battle is key. Dagger/Dagger build is especially interesting to me, because of the battlemage nature to it.

I am leaning towards Ranger as my main atm. Ranger seems like a nice middle ground between a warrior and elementalist. Plenty of Range and Melee options, plus a ton of pets to capture.

It's very hard to decide...

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Warrior. Had been that way since beta before the first BWE
    Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• -Inferno--Inferno- Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 325
    Yesterday I finally learned the meteor storm skill (staff) for the fire attuned elementalist. During a DE, we had to defend a farm from bandits, who tried to kill the farmers. It was pretty fun seeing them all go up in flames as huge meteors showered the area with fire. Also the advanced skills you learn with skill points has one that adds another fire storm skill - but with a rather long cooldown timer. Then there are also skills that seem to require a trainer to learn, which again add some sort of buffing skills to the character, increasing their effectiveness, going up to elite skills at level 80 or so. Unfortunately I could not figure out how to spend my available skill point in one of those skills - it always asked for a trainer, but the trainers only sell (rather expensive) skill books, which did not seem to be the thing I needed for that. So far the diverse magical skills of the elementalist have made this class my favourite. From lightning, fire, earth, water to the additional support skills, this class has it all for any situation. I really like that. Adding to that the variations of spells, depending on your currently equipped weapon(s), this class also has different spell effects for eye candy. What else would a spell caster want?

"Fire is never a gentle master..."

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549

My top five are:

1. Ranger

2. Engineer

3. Elementalist

4. Guardian

5. Warrior

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!