Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: NA Account Information Compromised

13»

Comments

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    If you have an au henticator you are safe, they cannot be hacked.
  • paroxysmparoxysm Member Posts: 437
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

You forgot your <sarcasm> </sarcasm> tags.

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

That's not really the whole issue. The point is someone(S) was able to steal tons of Blizzard customer database info. Actually how much Blizzard aren't one hundred percent certain, though they are owning up to personal details and password security info. The point here is that even with an account authenticator someone has lifted a ton of info from the Blizzard databases, and if NA customer that would probably include yourself.

• ronpackronpack Member Posts: 138
    When Sony got hacked, they gave away free stuff to everyone. Which made me very happy. Is Blizzard doing that?
  • Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    Originally posted by ronpack
    When Sony got hacked, they gave away free stuff to everyone. Which made me very happy. Is Blizzard doing that?

Nah, they're prepping a sparkle pony sale for us all.

Blizzard I think should  give players something. Problem is the Batttle net 2 hack affected all their games, so hard to see how a simple WoW cash shop toy would be any good to a Diablo 3 player.
  • Einherjar_LCEinherjar_LC Member UncommonPosts: 1,055

I think the point made earlier needs to be made again...

The security flaw was only discovered on the 4th, they did not reveal how long the breech had been active unless I missed it.  This could have been going on for far longer than anyone realizes.

Einherjar_LC says: WTB the true successor to UO or Asheron's Call pst!

Originally posted by Einherjar_LC

I think the point made earlier needs to be made again...

The security flaw was only discovered on the 4th, they did not reveal how long the breech had been active unless I missed it.  This could have been going on for far longer than anyone realizes.

Well, this is why it is so potentially serious, could have been in there from early on post-Battle Net launch and we don't know exactly how much info has been taken from Blizzard. 

As a player, though, if you have had an account hacked in the past few years the likely reason could be people lifting player info from Blizzards databases rather than dictionary style attacks on individual accounts.

• reesiecutiereesiecutie Member Posts: 2

I first heard about the hacking last week through friends. Then, on Sunday morning I woke up to an email telling me that my D3 chat privleges had been suspended for spamming (in a game I hadn't even played for a week).

It seems a little too coincidental to me that the hacking of my account came so soon after Blizzard detected this.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by Karteli

I look forward to this incident being disected on TechSnap.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL995EBE645950DFF5&feature=plcp

[You have to go down to the latest release (cuz YouTube keeps changing their structure).] btw Youtbe - listing oldest first is bad.

Those guys pick every companies flaws & analyze their network vulnerabilities.  They did it for SOE + others .. waiting for Blizzard now :)

hey mind linking dirrectly to the video?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• ShaadraShaadra Member Posts: 3

Greetings,

They haven't always told everyone when accounts have been hacked into.  All I can say is, "It is not the first time that Blizzard has been hacked into and probably won't be last time either."

• BrenacusBrenacus Member Posts: 44
    Originally posted by Psychow
    I guess I'd better change the password on my luggage...

if someone wants whats in your luggage, theyre gonna GET WHATS IN YOUR LUGGAGE. by taking that sh*t. and some lame 'password' on a cheap lock on it isnt gonna keep out mr. Handy Prybar. password on luggage, ROFL.