Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

[Preview] RaiderZ: A Boss Battle Around Every Corner

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,643MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

RaiderZ is one of the upcoming crop of MMOs that has a lot of people taking notice. We recently had the opportunity to check it out and have a full preview. Read on!

Let’s be honest, everyone loves a good boss battle. For some people it’s the thrill of the battle. For others it is the sense of accomplishment. Then there are those who want to be the first to ever topple the great beast. And well, to be fair, for most it is the loot rewarded in the victory. The problem is in most games, boss battles are fairly few and far between. RaiderZ takes that notion and flips it on its head. There are “boss” type mobs all over the world, and as a monster hunter, it is you’re duty to go find and destroy them.

Read more of Richard Cox's RaiderZ: A Boss Battle Around Every Corner.

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

Comments

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff Writer St. Charles, MOPosts: 460MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon
    Beware the crawler. Once you kill him you get to make a nice Pirate suit.
  • TorvalTorval Oregon CountryPosts: 7,221Member Uncommon
    I'm having fun with this beta.  The combat is different and the controls are taking a bit to get used to.  The main key mappings are simple and easy to use.  The only thing that can be tricky is Shift+WASD to dodge.  Getting that down and timing it right during battle is tricky.
  • Effin_RabbitEffin_Rabbit Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 773Member Uncommon
    Last beta I changed the dodge from shift to one of my mouse thumb buttons, try that if its an option for you it may help.
  • KaaxKaax Oromocto, NBPosts: 18Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Darth-Batman
    Last beta I changed the dodge from shift to one of my mouse thumb buttons, try that if its an option for you it may help.

I did this earlier and works like a charm for my sorc

• marksteelemarksteele Newtonville, ONPosts: 26Member
    ehhh im not too huge of a fan of the game, perhaps its because I play sorc classes though. Just seemed too grindy with no storyline
  • TorvalTorval Oregon CountryPosts: 7,221Member Uncommon
    I'm still having fun, but the GameGuard might be a deal breaker for me.  There isn't too much that can drive me from a game, but that is one thing that does it.
  • jym_nilsjym_nils CochabambaPosts: 10Member
    its very good game, even fighting trash mobs is interesting, try to pull 3 to 5 of your level and make a serius batle :D. its a shame that PW servers cant support the so many players actually, but im playing in UE servers as well and there there is no diconection isues