Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aerowyn's Video Compilation of ALL things Guild Wars 2(Pre-Launch)

Comments

• IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661

*gives Aerowyn a huge /hug 4 that awesome compilation*

Awesome Job! Nu'ff said!

Thank you!

May this help all sides, the Fanboys to find out more of their Game, the Naysayers to even more complain and the undecided ones, which can now decide maybe.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by bcbully

Of course end game is not all about raiding. I see endgame as progression, as ways to advance you character. I see stat, cosmetic, and ability progression as endgame, aswell as any activity that is different form what you were doing while you were leveling.

Feel free to comment Mack, but let's not turn this into our own personal discussion. The title of the thread has been changed. This topic is no longer relevant.

Let me highlight those 2 statements you just made above?  First the teal blue:  Read my post here http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5191695#5191695 or the main post from GW2Guru here http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/46603-faq-equipment-attributes-and-you-updated/

Lastly, I just want you to think about what you said in what I outlined in light green above!  You can not even be remotely serious to consider that endgame has to be different from the level up portion?  In what MMO bible does it say that pre-level cap and post-level cap must be so different?  This is the mentality of a WoW cloner, someone who doesnt understand the epitome of all that is wrong in MMO gaming these days and someone who defintely doesnt UNDERSTAND that 99% of all MMO problems lay at the feet of why does both portions of the game become so different.  Games prior to WoW did not have this problem and yet you seem to think that because a games journey and destination share the same type and style of gameplay then one willk be lacking.  They are not mutually exclusive.  Games like WoW and all their ilk who ahve came. gone, and languished in F2P purgatory can be summed up in this phrase:  Why did this game do a 180 at level cap!

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• KrossliteKrosslite Member Posts: 317
    gratz on the pin

A MMO is like life. It is something to cherish and enjoy upon in it journey. So why race to the end of it. In life at the end you die.

• IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    And even that this is a nice Info Thread, pplz just start bashing again, so sad.
  • FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379

Well done. I read this yesterday and failed to comment because I was in a hurry but I decided to make a point to pop in and give props for the effort. First thing I noticed was the name change. I am guessing there was some confusion woth the way it was before? Also I noticed more videos. I think I wil direct 2 of my friends to this list because they seem deadset on trying to convince us to return to WoW and the main way they do so is by attacking the unknowns of GW2. I have noticed 2 videos that give good examples to a couple of their uncertainties.

/edit Ah  I see where the confusion was after reading where I left off. I thought your origional title was appropriate and I got what ya meant.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• -Inferno--Inferno- Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 325
    Originally posted by RizelStar
    Originally posted by -Inferno-

Thanks for creating this nice collection of informative videos about GW2. I hope Arena Net will add some social activities in the game soon after launch. At the moment there is a lot of fun stuff to do, but not much that does not involve fighting/gathering/crafting to some extent. Housing is hopefully not too far away after launch. With a great composer such as Jeremy Soule, I look forward to more stuff involving music (i.e. a player-made music system like in LOTRO). Would you like to include the video about a certain underwater pipe organ in the puzzles section? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcUjwdJLQ78 - contains spoiler!) Looking forward to the stress test today.Only 2,5 hours to go :-)

The 30(was it 30?) social activities will be in at launch.

Like Keg brawl was one of them, and there are more just not in beta.

Not all activities will invole fighting.

Each capital city  will have unique social activities.

I don't know if they count the "chess" thing in the Asura starting area as an activity.

Hmm I am a bit wary of things not in beta and expecting them at release. My experience has been that things, which are not in beta, are not there at release either. However I am not immune to pleasant surprises. Maybe GW2 will have some in store for us ^^ A great MMORPG needs "fluff" to do, something which SWTOR lacked and was one of the reasons why it failed. If GW2 can deliver that aswell, I think I'll be one happy player for years to come.

"Fire is never a gentle master..."

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by swordmark45
    gratz on the pin

just noticed the sticky:) I dunno if its good or bad lots of people seem to pass over sticky's lol:P

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by -Inferno-

Thanks for creating this nice collection of informative videos about GW2. I hope Arena Net will add some social activities in the game soon after launch. At the moment there is a lot of fun stuff to do, but not much that does not involve fighting/gathering/crafting to some extent. Housing is hopefully not too far away after launch. With a great composer such as Jeremy Soule, I look forward to more stuff involving music (i.e. a player-made music system like in LOTRO). Would you like to include the video about a certain underwater pipe organ in the puzzles section? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcUjwdJLQ78 - contains spoiler!) Looking forward to the stress test today.Only 2,5 hours to go :-)

added non spoiler version of the puzzle to the extras section:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

added nice skills trailer under combat and can't believe I forgot about the april fools commando trailer!! lol added that to extras section

• Serin101Serin101 Member Posts: 103
    Grats on the pin, hopefully more people will have a better time accessing the information they are looking for.
  • aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Well done Aerowyn. These forums were definitely passed due for another pin of accurate info.
  • GundricGundric Member UncommonPosts: 345
    +1 High Five image    Might want to add something about DX 11 so people will stop creating new threads on it lol.
    Originally posted by Blitz555
    +1 High Five image    Might want to add something about DX 11 so people will stop creating new threads on it lol.

ill look around tonight although probably won't find much there's good arguments for both sides 

• AsalzSyAsalzSy Member UncommonPosts: 230

Nice post Aerowyn! Very helpful!

btw i found very helpful these guys Gamebreaker:Buildcast especially for my Necro & Mesmer:D

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/video-game-shows/guild-wars-video/buildcast/

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146
    This thread is now my homepage.
    Originally posted by Dietengu

btw i found very helpful these guys Gamebreaker:Buildcast especially for my Necro & Mesmer:D

good videos I was thinking of starting a new section just for profession guides

• GundricGundric Member UncommonPosts: 345
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

That would be awesome.  I had a blast on my Warrior today in WvW but I need to do a little homework.  I mainly enjoy using a 2hand Hammer for the knockdowns and AoE damage and rifle for the single target pew pewing. 

Originally posted by Blitz555

That would be awesome.  I had a blast on my Warrior today in WvW but I need to do a little homework.  I mainly enjoy using a 2hand Hammer for the knockdowns and AoE damage and rifle for the single target pew pewing. 

only problem is I only really want to post videos I know are good for giving build advise so Ill probably hold off on adding in that section till I can try out the suggestions in the videos. So probably will be a post launch thing maybe ill start a new thread post launch on pvp and pve builds for all professions. We shall see how much time I have once the game launches:P

added 3 new videos to hot topics section all by Enigmius lots of good information in those.. also added a new video under Dynamic Events section showing a nice giant battle dynamic event... also added a video to the Extras section that talks about all the anounced activities(mini games) 

• ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586
    added a new video under Dynamic Events section showing a nice giant battle dynamic event... 

"Um, uh...alright it's time for me to be the hero guys"

"You see- oh ok, I'm dead."

(ventrilo laughing)

Originally posted by Zooce
    added a new video under Dynamic Events section showing a nice giant battle dynamic event... 

"Um, uh...alright it's time for me to be the hero guys"

"You see- oh ok, I'm dead."

(ventrilo laughing)

lol yea funny stuff

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

This is a great addiction, errrr....I mean....addition.  Should be stickied right alongside some of the other "list type" info posts.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

Originally posted by just1opinion

This is a great addiction, errrr....I mean....addition.  Should be stickied right alongside some of the other "list type" info posts.

it is stickied:P also anyone want me to search for anything specific just PM me or post it here Ill have a look. I'm always happy to rummage through youtube videos to find the good ones well good imho. 

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Amazing Aerowyn, thanks!

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,373
    Originally posted by cyraeth
    Just Amazing..... nice work... hopefully this would help a lot to those lacking of information and will correct some untrues tabues about the game....

Naw, I never watch videos about games, so I'll continue to spread untruths  image

Summarize it all in some nice bullet points or a PowerPoint deck (no more than 5 slides) and I might be interested.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon