Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com will be down for maintenance beginning at midnight EST on Tuesday, August 30. Downtime is expected to last only a couple of hours.

Newbie’s Journal: Global War

KyuubeyKyuubey San JuanPosts: 69Member

This is a diary of a newbie WYD player. In this new feature, he shares his adventures, joys and pains in the world of Khersuph.

I always wondered what it would be like if WYD Global had a truly global war. By global war, I meant having a PVP battle against WYD players from other servers. That would probably be a delightfully brutal spectacle. Being new to the game, I haven’t really delved into the history of the game that much yet but some friends of mine who are long time veterans mentioned to me that such a war really did happen. To find out more, I did some research and as relayed to me, there really was a battle of servers before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awOFzhrqCDQ&feature=player_embedded

WYD Korea managed to beat WYD Global in the war four years ago, but I wonder if things will turn out differently if they faced off against each other today. I’ve had people tell me that Koreans are the best MMO gamers but I think that everyone has a chance of beating anyone given enough practice, dedication and lots of canned goods (for playing straight hours of course).

Of course strategy plays a big part in games like these and the video above just shows that skill might be important but in a battle where everyone is skillful, that little advantage in strategy might be enough to put you over the top.

Tagged: