Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

pay to win gear in market

2»

Comments

• KilsinKilsin Member RarePosts: 515
    Originally posted by cronius77
    you guys can rationalize anything you like here but facts are facts if they sell gear its called pay to win because it gives advantages over traditional leveling and is exactly what was a concern to a lot of vet players before the free to play. Its funny how just because its a pve game no one attacks SOE for doing it but myself , but even if it was crappy no stat gear and had pvp you guys would be destroying SOE for doing it. Anyways Im not arguing with a couple of your personal attacks as I get banned for speaking my mind so instead i just report you and move on thats why I didnt even bother to reply til now. From the matrix flames from players on their own offical forums once again soe has destroyed their own game so its not like it matters much. Also putting rare mounts in chests with a 180 station cash key to open it really sticks it to the vets who are gold already. I tried to get everyone I know to play last night but everyone that logged in and had all locked gear and seen to unlock 5 pieces on the marketplace its 5 bucks instantly uninstalled. I really feel bad for other vets who love vanguard and its their main mmo. SOE made sure to destroy it .

It's not going to affect anyone though...it's really bad gear, have you actually seen it? Anything quested or dropped from a named mob will be much better than that stuff.

I am one of those vets and it annoys the hell out of me watching SOE butcher our game but there is nothing we can do, they never listen to us and do what they like whether it's good for the game or not.

Even we all yelled out asking for the restriction to be lifted to yellow (Rare) for ftp but instead, they re itemised thousands of items to rename them and fit them under the cap than actually lifting the cap.

I could go on and on but it does nothing...

We continue to support the game and play because we love the game, it's as simple as that. When it is no longer fun to play, we will stop and SOE will be left scratching their head, wondering what went wrong, maybe then, they can go back overt he almost 6 years worth of forum posts and read what we had to say and learn from it, but I doubt they will even bother, they will just continue to screw up MMOs.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    yeah man i know what your saying the stats are not great but its the principle behind the entire thing to me . My post anyways was more ment to the people saying im stupid and flaming me for giving a crap about the quality of the game vs the new store. I do not like seeing things like this in games but to others they are okay , its just my opinion. I actually just cancelled my station pass though and am going to just take a break from gaming until guild wars 2 releases and our guild gets back together to play. I just dispise SOE selling keys to gold members for stupid chests and leveling gear in the cash shop for 9.00 , but like i said its just a personal opinion .
  • jblahjblah Member UncommonPosts: 368
    Its no more pay to win than XP boosts in GW2. They are both there to help speed up leveling and if you kill things faster due to better gear then you level faster.  Personally I would rather have cool looking armor for an XP increase while I level faster than just an  "+XP" icon in the top of my screen that says "+50% XP".

Playing- Guild Wars 2, SWTOR
    SWTOR Referral Link Get a free Server Transfer and lots of other free stuff for your SWTOR account! Works for both new and previous players.

• csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121
    yeah man i know what your saying the stats are not great but its the principle behind the entire thing to me . My post anyways was more ment to the people saying im stupid and flaming me for giving a crap about the quality of the game vs the new store. I do not like seeing things like this in games but to others they are okay , its just my opinion. I actually just cancelled my station pass though and am going to just take a break from gaming until guild wars 2 releases and our guild gets back together to play. I just dispise SOE selling keys to gold members for stupid chests and leveling gear in the cash shop for 9.00 , but like i said its just a personal opinion .

I'm not subscribed to the game so I can't check the stats myself, but your argument seems to be valid.

People say that its no biggie because boss dropped gear is better, but then again they forget that for F2P players, you're limited with what you can equip. So it may not have good enough stats, but then again it'll probably give you better stats then what you can actually equip.

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706
    Isn't Vanguard primarily a PvE game... if so I don't see why it matters what gear people can buy in the cash shop.
  • csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121
    Originally posted by jusomdude
    Isn't Vanguard primarily a PvE game... if so I don't see why it matters what gear people can buy in the cash shop.

To me, I feel that its wrong to buy things like armor sets / weapons from them because it's only encouraging SoE and they are taking advantage the F2P model. Sometimes you would want to solo or you can't find any players to play with. With the current gear they allow you to use, it'll be hard for some players to advance in leveling / questing etc. So you're basically forced to get a subscription or buy stuff from them from their store to at least have a chance of progressing.

I don't mind the potions and other stuff, but when you have to resort to buying gear from their stores it should be a message to people that you either fork up the money or play it like it is or quit playing. SoE is taking a big risk going this route and I hope that they realize that this isn't how they should treat their customers.

I loved playing this Vanguard, but it wont have a successful future if they continue to keep pushing their luck. Of course it all depends on players that choose to (or allow) such poor buisness practice from a company like this.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    well heres the kicker the gear is yellow sets for 900 station cash and the highest a free to play player can equip is green uncommon gear with occasional quest blues. So to a free to play player they think they are then allowed to equip the yellow gear from the market. Thats baiting people in from SOE counting on addictive personalities because in their minds its buy the gear for 9.00 and stay free to play or use greens and have issues soloing or pay 15.00 and buy a sub and get any gear you like. I feel like this is equal to a used cares saleman trying to sell you a 2000 car for the price of a 2012 one. To me their tactics feel so sleezy compared to the other triple A free to play titles. its really bad when even funcom has a better free to play model then soe.
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    well vets sorry its true level 10 20 30 40 and 50 pay to win gear in the market place full sets for 900 station cash each. At least its not 55=/

Yeah, found it already. Probably it's there because of the same reason it was on EQ2's Freeport server a launch. Though this time the excuse of 'new server and get our players geared at start' does not apply here...

I also saw that you can buy classes and races from the CS as well. This while $O€ clearly stated that they dropped the class/racial limitations for VG F2P. Looks like they either forgot to remove it from the CS or that they'll screw their players over later on anyway...

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706
    Originally posted by csthao
    Originally posted by jusomdude

To me, I feel that its wrong to buy things like armor sets / weapons from them because it's only encouraging SoE and they are taking advantage the F2P model. Sometimes you would want to solo or you can't find any players to play with. With the current gear they allow you to use, it'll be hard for some players to advance in leveling / questing etc. So you're basically forced to get a subscription or buy stuff from them from their store to at least have a chance of progressing.

I don't mind the potions and other stuff, but when you have to resort to buying gear from their stores it should be a message to people that you either fork up the money or play it like it is or quit playing. SoE is taking a big risk going this route and I hope that they realize that this isn't how they should treat their customers.

I loved playing this Vanguard, but it wont have a successful future if they continue to keep pushing their luck. Of course it all depends on players that choose to (or allow) such poor buisness practice from a company like this.

Of coarse they're taking advantage of the FTP model. That's the whole purpose of going FTP.

I think it was probably go FTP or shut it down... which do you prefer?

• MadatanMadatan Member UncommonPosts: 182

What exactly are we winning by paying? Winning easier against mobs, is that it? We are not fighting other players so the imbalance is hardly as frustrating as it would be if we did.

Sure this might not work in the long run but the devs have also shown that they are listening to the community and can change things if it's too far from what people find acceptable.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    what i didnt get was yesterday i logged in and all my chars were there..so i logged the bard on and tried to use my speed run buff..it came up that i need to be gold member to equip a blue item drum modification..yet when i logged my main cleric on it had allowed me everything..i,m confused..some of the stuff is from major dungeons on the cleric..anyyone got any ideas on this?