Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats the single greatest thing you miss from the old school MMO's?

123457»

Comments

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    The constant feel of danger and that whatever action you do have consequences. E.g. when fighting a mob or another player, if you lose or win there will be noticeable consequences.
  • someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

The freshness of a new game to discover and learn. With the first MMO it was just a complete new experience. Every MMO after that, I already knew basically what to expect. And now it is more about enjoying or nitpicking small things. A MMO will never feel that new to me anymore I suspect.

I also realise that I would not be able to enjoy some old MMO's anymore that I played back in the early days. The reason I did enjoy them back then is because the whole (skill)lvl experience was new to me, so I didn't really mind the crappy implementation of them or the buggy state of the game. It was a whole new type of game so I had nothing to compare to.

• BercilakBercilak Albion OnlineMember Posts: 108
    Originally posted by zigmund

A sense of danger.

EQ1, AC1, Shadowbane

All made it difficult to die. It was actually something you didn't want to do.

Today's mmo's - dieing means nothing.

totally agree